Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Creative and Epson Storage device

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Up North......
    Posts
    624

    Default Creative and Epson Storage device

    Has anyone used any of the above? I have seen Creative Zen that has a 30gb storage ($569) and a 60gb ($699) that plays video/photos/music/radio. Both devises only read CF I/II. Both with rechargeable battery.

    Tot would be good to have abit of storage when going overseas. And also for viewing the quality of the pics. Any comments on the above products? Tot of getting the 60gb creative one, anyone using this and any comments.

  2. #2
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    I love my cup & coaster!
    Posts
    754

    Default Re: Creative and Epson Storage device

    Of cos the Epson

  3. #3

    Default Re: Creative and Epson Storage device

    which epson model did you see?

    Anyway I saw a brochere for epson P5000 in Japan and it will be released in November. Looks REALLY good as they designed a NEW LCD that can cover the whole gamut of Adobe RGB

  4. #4

    Default Re: Creative and Epson Storage device

    wait for the p5000..should be interesting..

  5. #5

    Default Re: Creative and Epson Storage device

    Quote Originally Posted by djchris View Post
    wait for the p5000..should be interesting..
    not sure if Epson will bring that in. they didn't bring in the P4000/P4500.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Up North......
    Posts
    624

    Default Re: Creative and Epson Storage device

    Creative not recommended? I saw the Epson, its much bigger in terms of size. But the creative is much cheaper and also another alternative source of storage.

    The only setback for the creative is that it only takes in only CF (I and II only!!) and not other type of card. For me, the usage is just to view and store the photos. No need to buy additional cards. Just in case I have those long holidays. I used to bring my notebook to download.

    The Epson I saw was at Challenger as I will have about $170 of discount........

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Punggol Park
    Posts
    1,977

    Default Re: Creative and Epson Storage device

    Heard of news of Epson P5000 and Canon M 30/80?

    Heard that Vosonic 8390 will debut in sitex

    I am waiting for comparisons before deciding

  8. #8

    Default Re: Creative and Epson Storage device

    I called Epson and they said they are not bringing in P5000 anytime soon due to SMALL Singapore market which is a LAME EXCUSE for laziness.

    Maybe you guys who is interested can call them up to show the interest in the new product. Else we will never see a local warrantied P5000 on our shores.....

    drop them an email

    product@esp.epson.com.sg
    Last edited by wind30; 31st October 2006 at 11:26 AM.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Creative and Epson Storage device

    i saw the p4500 in japan.goodness.
    $ not enuff.else sure buy.

    u guys see liao surely drooool

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Punggol Park
    Posts
    1,977

    Default Re: Creative and Epson Storage device

    Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    I called Epson and they said they are not bringing in P5000 anytime soon due to SMALL Singapore market which is a LAME EXCUSE for laziness.

    Maybe you guys who is interested can call them up to show the interest in the new product. Else we will never see a local warrantied P5000 on our shores.....

    drop them an email

    product@esp.epson.com.sg
    If there is no P5000 then i better look for vosonic or canon or even jobo

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Up North......
    Posts
    624

    Default Re: Creative and Epson Storage device

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i saw the p4500 in japan.goodness.
    $ not enuff.else sure buy.

    u guys see liao surely drooool

    What was the selling price of the above model in Japan?

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Punggol Park
    Posts
    1,977

    Default Re: Creative and Epson Storage device

    Lets hope P5000 is available in HK as I be going there in Dec

  13. #13

    Default Re: Creative and Epson Storage device

    Quote Originally Posted by smalltake View Post
    What was the selling price of the above model in Japan?
    it's about 800SGD

  14. #14

    Default Re: Creative and Epson Storage device

    $800 is so expensive. pay abit more and buy a notebook.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Creative and Epson Storage device

    Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    $800 is so expensive. pay abit more and buy a notebook.
    ya, but with a bit more, you can only buy those FAT HEAVY yucky notebooks that weighs like 100kg..... For anything close to a weight of P5000, you have to fork out $3k for twice the weight of the P5000.

    I think for portable storage, photo/video viewing, P5000 is without peer due to its wide gamut LCD.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Creative and Epson Storage device

    Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    ya, but with a bit more, you can only buy those FAT HEAVY yucky notebooks that weighs like 100kg..... For anything close to a weight of P5000, you have to fork out $3k for twice the weight of the P5000.

    I think for portable storage, photo/video viewing, P5000 is without peer due to its wide gamut LCD.
    i cant agree with you more.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •