Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Seeking Advise

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Seeking Advise

    EA wun hit 1.4K for dip.. that's about the same lame excuse that the low paying companies are still using during the economic crisis. The market is now better and $1.6 is probably a fair amount to look at. From a salary guide that I have. Engineering Assistant, Diploma, 0-2 yrs experience, Assisting associate engineers in all aspects. min $1700 max $1900.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  2. #22

    Default Re: Seeking Advise

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    EA wun hit 1.4K for dip.. that's about the same lame excuse that the low paying companies are still using during the economic crisis. The market is now better and $1.6 is probably a fair amount to look at. From a salary guide that I have. Engineering Assistant, Diploma, 0-2 yrs experience, Assisting associate engineers in all aspects. min $1700 max $1900.
    thank you very much. u gave me back some confidence! at least now i know im worth slightly more :P

    btw, im also considering a project coordinator job... but i have no idea on the jobscope...
    issit planning things?
    Photo Album - Photo Album

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Seeking Advise

    planning will be done by the project engineer. you are the one to make sure it gets done. basically you have the honour to chase colleagues/vendors/customers to keep to schedule and make sure things gets done. A good job if you got good PR skills, able to know vendors and customers and expand your network.. makes hopping easier and you get lots of lobang too.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  4. #24
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: Seeking Advise

    I think it depends on which industry you goes to and which company. From what i know, a fresh dip can fetch from 1.5K to 1.7K. If you are lucky, some company pays 1.8K.

    If you can tahan hardship, join semi-con as a EA and with OT pay you can take home about 2k plus (Yes, take home). But it is real tough and you won't have time for yourself, not to mention photography.

    I think they are just ripping you off at 1.4K, ignore those small peanuts company that claims fresh grad asking 1.7K is over the top. If they can't afford to pay a local at 1.7K, ask them look for those foreign talent. My previous colleague was paid 1.6K as a fresh grad.

    My advise for u, look at the nature and prospect of the job. If there is market for specialized ppl in this field which enables u to job hop easily. Do think about it, even if it pays low.
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  5. #25

    Default Re: Seeking Advise

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    planning will be done by the project engineer. you are the one to make sure it gets done. basically you have the honour to chase colleagues/vendors/customers to keep to schedule and make sure things gets done. A good job if you got good PR skills, able to know vendors and customers and expand your network.. makes hopping easier and you get lots of lobang too.
    sounds like a good job for ppl who has good PR skills! unfortunately, im not good at talking nor PR
    Photo Album - Photo Album

  6. #26

    Default Re: Seeking Advise

    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    I think it depends on which industry you goes to and which company. From what i know, a fresh dip can fetch from 1.5K to 1.7K. If you are lucky, some company pays 1.8K.

    If you can tahan hardship, join semi-con as a EA and with OT pay you can take home about 2k plus (Yes, take home). But it is real tough and you won't have time for yourself, not to mention photography.

    I think they are just ripping you off at 1.4K, ignore those small peanuts company that claims fresh grad asking 1.7K is over the top. If they can't afford to pay a local at 1.7K, ask them look for those foreign talent. My previous colleague was paid 1.6K as a fresh grad.

    My advise for u, look at the nature and prospect of the job. If there is market for specialized ppl in this field which enables u to job hop easily. Do think about it, even if it pays low.
    Gee, market rates for Diploma holders seem to be stagant for many years already. When I first started work at a semi-con manufacturing plant (back-end), my pay was about 1.4K rising to 1.6K upon confirmation. That was 6 years ago!

    No matter what, TS, just work hard, be humble and learn as much as possible. Your value will rise in time! Good Luck!

  7. #27

    Default Re: Seeking Advise

    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    I think it depends on which industry you goes to and which company. From what i know, a fresh dip can fetch from 1.5K to 1.7K. If you are lucky, some company pays 1.8K.

    If you can tahan hardship, join semi-con as a EA and with OT pay you can take home about 2k plus (Yes, take home). But it is real tough and you won't have time for yourself, not to mention photography.

    I think they are just ripping you off at 1.4K, ignore those small peanuts company that claims fresh grad asking 1.7K is over the top. If they can't afford to pay a local at 1.7K, ask them look for those foreign talent. My previous colleague was paid 1.6K as a fresh grad.

    My advise for u, look at the nature and prospect of the job. If there is market for specialized ppl in this field which enables u to job hop easily. Do think about it, even if it pays low.
    thank you very much for the advise. i also feel that below 1.5k, its really a little bit too low
    so what u meant is... if it is not difficult to get job, take up this (low-pay) job and work for a few months-1 year, then find another job?
    Photo Album - Photo Album

  8. #28

    Default Re: Seeking Advise

    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan99 View Post
    Gee, market rates for Diploma holders seem to be stagant for many years already. When I first started work at a semi-con manufacturing plant (back-end), my pay was about 1.4K rising to 1.6K upon confirmation. That was 6 years ago!

    No matter what, TS, just work hard, be humble and learn as much as possible. Your value will rise in time! Good Luck!
    thank you for ur encouragement! work hard, humble and learn, i will
    im just not good at talking and selling myself in interviews
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •