Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: How can I buy songs off iTune store?

  1. #1

    Default How can I buy songs off iTune store?

    I tried to register but can't because i live in Singapore. Why?

  2. #2
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: How can I buy songs off iTune store?

    ahaha.. iTunes want u to download more so that the garment can catch more and fine more pple to have fatter pockets and a FATTER new year..

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: How can I buy songs off iTune store?

    u go ask apple lor... my gf wanna buy also cannot, in the end use another dunno simi brand 1, til today download the song cannot convert to MP3, cos WMA, then cannot listen on W800
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    393

    Default Re: How can I buy songs off iTune store?

    previously, rumors was itunes to setup a store in SG towards end of this year but dunno how true. if you are really interested, there is a apple shop in raffles place (dunno still there or not) that sells US prepaid cards for you to download. these cards are in terms of USD but you buy them in SGD. The only problem is that you have to get a US address cause you got to register the card before download. pm me if really interested in the shop location and i try to dig up old emails. still hoping itunes to setup a store here in SG!
    Games of Thrones.....

  5. #5
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: How can I buy songs off iTune store?

    but come to think of it..

    u can just buy a cd, and convert the tracks to mp3 lor.. and u can convert in 320kpbs formats somemore. isnt it betteR ?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: How can I buy songs off iTune store?

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    but come to think of it..

    u can just buy a cd, and convert the tracks to mp3 lor.. and u can convert in 320kpbs formats somemore. isnt it betteR ?
    beh gian all the songs mah...

    then ppl like me... haha... only buy overseas or limited edition... more lugi, but then i dun keep mp3s...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  7. #7

    Default Re: How can I buy songs off iTune store?

    I heard that if you have a foreign credit card, you can. Not sure..
    What song you want?

  8. #8
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: How can I buy songs off iTune store?

    my mp3s... hahahaa...... all is free one.... magic drain pipe

  9. #9

    Default Re: How can I buy songs off iTune store?

    Use a US hotel's address. It works. I will share the steps tonight when I get home.

  10. #10

    Default Re: How can I buy songs off iTune store?

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    Use a US hotel's address. It works. I will share the steps tonight when I get home.
    But I thought your credit card must also be US issued before payment can be made?
    Jia Wang... "A photo is only as beautiful as the photographer's eyes can see."
    My Eyes ;)

  11. #11

    Default Re: How can I buy songs off iTune store?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jia Wang View Post
    But I thought your credit card must also be US issued before payment can be made?
    I used paypal for mine

    But there's another way using the iTunes Music Store (iTMS) prepaid card.

    The Pod Shop @ Raffles
    1 Raffles Place
    #04-23 OUB Centre
    Tel: 65322133

    There are 2 cards on sale there - USD$25 (S$54 doesn't go by the exchange rate) or USD$50. It's roughly S$2 per song when you do the math.

    There's a password on the prepaid card to activate iTMS thru the creation of an Apple ID, and when prompted for an address, use a US hotel's one. Hope this helps.

  12. #12

    Default Re: How can I buy songs off iTune store?

    Roger... shall try that soon... thanks for the info

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    I used paypal for mine

    But there's another way using the iTunes Music Store (iTMS) prepaid card.

    The Pod Shop @ Raffles
    1 Raffles Place
    #04-23 OUB Centre
    Tel: 65322133

    There are 2 cards on sale there - USD$25 (S$54 doesn't go by the exchange rate) or USD$50. It's roughly S$2 per song when you do the math.

    There's a password on the prepaid card to activate iTMS thru the creation of an Apple ID, and when prompted for an address, use a US hotel's one. Hope this helps.
    Jia Wang... "A photo is only as beautiful as the photographer's eyes can see."
    My Eyes ;)

  13. #13
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: How can I buy songs off iTune store?

    Isn't it obvious that iTunes does not want your Singapore money.

  14. #14

    Default Re: How can I buy songs off iTune store?

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    Isn't it obvious that iTunes does not want your Singapore money.
    Hahah... can't stop u from thinking this way... Cheers
    Jia Wang... "A photo is only as beautiful as the photographer's eyes can see."
    My Eyes ;)

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    393

    Default Re: How can I buy songs off iTune store?

    yep, klose is right on the shop name but not too sure about the address. last heard they moved or i could be wrong. call first b4 going down. hmmm... paypal, maybe i should try.
    Games of Thrones.....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •