Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Used a Manfrotto Neotec Tripod Before?

vince123123
    Guests

Default Re: Anyone Used a Manfrotto Neotec Tripod Before?

Yea you are right, but the speed of deployment is really much faster with this. Wonder why its so expensive though....

Quote Originally Posted by Denosha View Post
    Wow! That's really expensive! You know, you could get a CF tripod that is taller (ie, can reach ur eye level without using the center column), takes more load (7-8kg) and much lighter for less than $400 (Benro or Feisol).

You might want to check TK out if they still have them.
    I remember the price is lower.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Yea you are right, but the speed of deployment is really much faster with this. Wonder why its so expensive though....

low sales, high patent cost...

more ppl buy will have lower cost...

if they have a CF version, i think all will grab liao... but think cost will be 1k...

i more tempted to get 190x series than to get a 190mf series already... weight difference is negligible...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

vince123123
    Guests

Roughly how much you remember it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    You might want to check TK out if they still have them.
    I remember the price is lower.
    What's the advantage of the X series? I recall the MF is lighter (but a bit) compared to the Pro B series.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    low sales, high patent cost...

more ppl buy will have lower cost...

if they have a CF version, i think all will grab liao... but think cost will be 1k...

i more tempted to get 190x series than to get a 190mf series already... weight difference is negligible...

That was quite sometime ago so could not remember but surely below the price that you are quoted.

Got myself neotec monopod. Very fast to set up. The neotec mechanism is the fastest as compared to twist or snap-on models. However in terms of steadiness, I don't think that neotec tripod is more steady than 055/190 tripod models. It because the bigger section is in the bottom part, the vice versa of 055/190 tripod. So, no problem on the monopod but for the tripod....

vince123123
    Guests

How much did you have to pay for it? Seems to be some price variances ard Singapore.

Apparently there is a design intention for the bigger sections being at the bottom - Manfrotto calls it the upside down leg concept. I reckon the reason is that sand/grit and stuffs will be kept out of the tripod legs when they are extended, soiled, and then retracted.

Quote Originally Posted by legoman View Post
    Got myself neotec monopod. Very fast to set up. The neotec mechanism is the fastest as compared to twist or snap-on models. However in terms of steadiness, I don't think that neotec tripod is more steady than 055/190 tripod models. It because the bigger section is in the bottom part, the vice versa of 055/190 tripod. So, no problem on the monopod but for the tripod....

Quote Originally Posted by Denosha View Post
    Wow! That's really expensive! You know, you could get a CF tripod that is taller (ie, can reach ur eye level without using the center column), takes more load (7-8kg) and much lighter for less than $400 (Benro or Feisol).
    Ya, a mistake that manfrotto makes is to price their product too high!

I remember I did ask for the price of Neotech at TK quite a few months back before Cathay took over as agent, it was about $560++ than.
    Last edited by Voyage; 1st November 2006 at 12:23 PM.

How much did you have to pay for it? Seems to be some price variances ard Singapore.

Apparently there is a design intention for the bigger sections being at the bottom - Manfrotto calls it the upside down leg concept. I reckon the reason is that sand/grit and stuffs will be kept out of the tripod legs when they are extended, soiled, and then retracted.
    The neotec pro monopod 684B was $130 and the last piece @ TK few months back. I don't think you can get it now at this price coz after CP took the manfrotto, the price now is at least 30%more.

Quote Originally Posted by legoman View Post
    The neotec pro monopod 684B was $130 and the last piece @ TK few months back. I don't think you can get it now at this price coz after CP took the manfrotto, the price now is at least 30%more.
    bought 685B few months back when CP not known as a distro, and no stock at CP, bought elsewhere, 200 bucks...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12