Thread: Hi-ISO or long zoom PNS or waterproof for overseas travel?

Default Hi-ISO or long zoom PNS or waterproof for overseas travel?

Hi,
    If you are going for an overseas trip for holidays, which type of small PNS will you prefer (see option 1,2,3), assuming it CANNOT be DSLR size like FZ50 or S9500.

1) Good low noise high ISO camera, eg Fuji F30 (3x+ISO3200+low noise), so i can get better indoors and low light shots.

2) Good tele zoom with image stabalizer, eg Panasonic FZ7 (12x+OIS), so i can zoom in on far objects and also useful for street shots of people from far, and have IS that helps reduce handshake.

3) Water proof and shock proof, eg Olympus 720 (underwater 3m, drop from 1.5m), so I can take it to the pool, and water sports and kana water and rain or drop on floor also won't spoil and don;t have to worry about buying or bringing an underwater casing for it.

So, which of the above type of PNS camera will you choose if you can only bring one for overseas trip? Let's hear your views.

This is not a thread asking for recommendation of brands/models to buy, so pls just chose option 1,2 or 3 and why, don't need to recommend me to buy any particular PNS models. I just want to know your preference on the above type of camera you think will be more useful for travel purpose. Thanks.

If only someone comes out with a small PNS that have 12x zoom+stabilizer, hi noise free ISO up to 3200, water proof up to 10m and shockproof as well, haha, will be the best selling PNS of the century.
    Last edited by clicknick; 29th October 2006 at 06:33 PM.

Default Re: Hi-ISO or long zoom PNS or waterproof for overseas travel?

i take long zoom over the other. it will come in handy when you want to capture something that is out of the reach. the IS will also help in indoor/low night shots. as for waterproof, you just have to be extra careful or get a cover.

Thanks, very true about IS helping lowlight shots too. So I guess high ISO is better only to reduce motion blur in lowlight with faster shutter.

Quote Originally Posted by clicknick View Post
    Thanks, very true about IS helping lowlight shots too. So I guess high ISO is better only to reduce motion blur in lowlight with faster shutter.
    depends on what kind of shot, but my guess is the chance of you needing high ISO rather than IS is maybe 50%? or even lesser