Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234581328 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1012

Thread: Photoaid 13: Love no politics. Love no animosities. Just Love.

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Photoaid 13: Love no politics. Love no animosities. Just Love.

    nice shots glenny!

    where got newbie, you too humble liao.

  2. #42
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: Photoaid 13: Love no politics. Love no animosities. Just Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    nice shots glenny!

    where got newbie, you too humble liao.
    comparing with the masters here. i am still a far cry la....

    i need more and more practice and hopefully more shooting time...

  3. #43

    Default Re: Photoaid 13: Love no politics. Love no animosities. Just Love.

    Thanks.

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Photoaid 13: Love no politics. Love no animosities. Just Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by nexus0 View Post
    Thanks.
    welcomed

  5. #45

    Default Re: Photoaid 13: Love no politics. Love no animosities. Just Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    we took portrait shots for people with print on the spot service, charging $5/- per shot printed, at the Merlion Park. all proceeds (100% of collections) went to Salvation Army in aid of the tsunami victims. we raised approx. S$13,000 (apologies, can't recall exact figure) over 3 weekends (approx. 400 prints per day)
    Thank you.

    Excellent!

    While monies are always necessary, I feel the effort itself is a lot more important!

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Photoaid 13: Love no politics. Love no animosities. Just Love.

    now that you all mentioned it, still feel very touched looking at the first two threads leh given the fact that everyone started as total strangers

  7. #47
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Photoaid 13: Love no politics. Love no animosities. Just Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    today didnt walk as much as yesterday. but returned to the same spot and later explored the northern areas...

    sharing my noob pics with the masters here. my little documentation from the 2nd day.
    my noob pics..
    OMG
    you say is the edan, but you shoot all the garbage for what?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  8. #48

    Default Re: Photoaid 13: Love no politics. Love no animosities. Just Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    now that you all mentioned it, still feel very touched looking at the first two threads leh given the fact that everyone started as total strangers
    Yeah... most of us become red lobster and some become racoon...

  9. #49
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: Photoaid 13: Love no politics. Love no animosities. Just Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    OMG
    you say is the edan, but you shoot all the garbage for what?
    awareness brother awareness..... pple throw rubbish everywhere..

    but i felt that a touch or a tint of that may be able to bring some contrasty images ?

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Photoaid 13: Love no politics. Love no animosities. Just Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by student View Post
    Thank you.

    Excellent!

    While monies are always necessary, I feel the effort itself is a lot more important!
    welcomed, and thanks! also many participants took back some necessary knowledge to run a project like that, so in case (touch wood!) there's another disaster like the last one in this region, hopefully we can respond to the call.

    i still recall receiving discouraging private messages that predicted the failure of such efforts ... oh well, those were good lessons too

  11. #51
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Photoaid 13: Love no politics. Love no animosities. Just Love.

    nice shots glennyong, sorry i couldn't join you

    what happened huh... I go and see

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Photoaid 13: Love no politics. Love no animosities. Just Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    OMG
    you say is the edan, but you shoot all the garbage for what?


    but then i thought the garbages tell alot about how people are using the place ... actually i'm thinking of organising a Punggol cleanup ... but then end of the year is peak period for photography business, everyone will be busy with shoots at the end of the year see how lah

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Photoaid 13: Love no politics. Love no animosities. Just Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by Funny View Post
    Yeah... most of us become red lobster and some become racoon...
    roast ducks also

  14. #54
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: Photoaid 13: Love no politics. Love no animosities. Just Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    nice shots glennyong, sorry i couldn't join you

    what happened huh... I go and see
    wad thing happened ?

    nahs its ok... today had stomachache... one side walking and farting.. lucky no one there...

    must be the mee siam... basket !

    we try to arrange for next week evening ?

  15. #55
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: Photoaid 13: Love no politics. Love no animosities. Just Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post


    but then i thought the garbages tell alot about how people are using the place ... actually i'm thinking of organising a Punggol cleanup ... but then end of the year is peak period for photography business, everyone will be busy with shoots at the end of the year see how lah
    simple.........

    Punggol so many secondary school... grab them all go do CIP la.. best.. i am sure the clusters of schools can do something !

    ask NEA for support. i am sure they can do something about it... and if a government body can come into the picture, i am the schools would be glad to support.

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Photoaid 13: Love no politics. Love no animosities. Just Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    awareness brother awareness..... pple throw rubbish everywhere..

    but i felt that a touch or a tint of that may be able to bring some contrasty images ?
    contrasty? i do like the pictures as they are now

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Photoaid 13: Love no politics. Love no animosities. Just Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    simple.........

    Punggol so many secondary school... grab them all go do CIP la.. best.. i am sure the clusters of schools can do something !

    ask NEA for support. i am sure they can do something about it... and if a government body can come into the picture, i am the schools would be glad to support.
    good idea

    but i usually prefer to start without official support, more meaningful for things to start from the ground than let things come down from above

  18. #58
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: Photoaid 13: Love no politics. Love no animosities. Just Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    contrasty? i do like the pictures as they are now
    bro thanks...

    i dunno my own standard. but i feel that i need to improve a whole lot before i can convince myself to release a photobook for myself.

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Photoaid 13: Love no politics. Love no animosities. Just Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    bro thanks...

    i dunno my own standard. but i feel that i need to improve a whole lot before i can convince myself to release a photobook for myself.
    wow, good to have a goal to work towards

  20. #60

    Default Re: Photoaid 13: Love no politics. Love no animosities. Just Love.

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    i still recall receiving discouraging private messages that predicted the failure of such efforts ... oh well, those were good lessons too

    In situations like these, so-called "failure" is the least of my concern.

    And as far as I am concerned, there is no "failure" in such projects. Even if you raised "zero", the effort of caring enough to do something is itself a success.

    I had spent time working in the borders of Thailand, and also Indonesia, working with displaced people affected by political disruptions. For me, knowing that somewhere out there, others are trying to help in own different ways, was of tremendous encouragement.

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234581328 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •