Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best way to get into Wedding Photography?

Default Best way to get into Wedding Photography?

Hi,

I have been doing commercial photography for sometime.Now, I am thinking of doing it on a regular basis on weekends to expand my portfolio and increase my income.

I know that for all full-time photographers, you will might be hesitant to share yr "secrets" but perhaps you could share yr own "starting out" stories o this threads. Will appreciate any advice, epecially in where and how to advertise my services.

Thanks!

Default Re: Best way to get into Wedding Photography?

For weddings, it almost always starts from shooting as back-up photographer for free for some friend or relative.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Luke......Pay and learn as much as possible from a Jedi Master ....

OUR SECRET:
    Why should a couple hire you? What's so special about your skills? What do you have?
    NOT THE EQUIPMENT THAT YOU CARRY ...

But seriously, even for 'Old Birds', it's still very much hard work & perseverance.
    Imagine doing a 18 hours wedding assignment & doing another 18 hours wedding again
    the next day.
    NOT FUN unless you are in the right frame of physique & mind....

Quote Originally Posted by albert View Post

OUR SECRET:
    Why should a couple hire you? What's so special about your skills? What do you have?

But seriously, even for 'Old Birds', it's still very much hard work & perseverance.
    Imagine doing a 18 hours wedding assignment & doing another 18 hours wedding again
    the next day.

Its called PASSION i think.

Quote Originally Posted by albert View Post

OUR SECRET:

the next day.
    i have to agree...imaging doing weddings...4 days in a roll hahaha

xiong raping sessions they call it hahahaha

Blog Entries

passionate about rice on the table?

Quote Originally Posted by vone View Post
    Hi,

I have been doing commercial photography for sometime.Now, I am thinking of doing it on a regular basis on weekends to expand my portfolio and increase my income.

I know that for all full-time photographers, you will might be hesitant to share yr "secrets" but perhaps you could share yr own "starting out" stories o this threads. Will appreciate any advice, epecially in where and how to advertise my services.

Thanks!
    My advice... only shoot wedding photography if you enjoy it!!!

To be honest, the competition is always stiff and people take lower price for work they do...

I enjoy wedding photography and have always been....

One last thing... DO NOT compete in price, but should compete in style, so we always push ourselves to limit to give the couple the best we could, not the lowest we can do!! So you can enjoy wedding photography more!!

Best way is to find a mentor who will show you the way and let you shoot along side of them... If you look hard enough, you will find one!!

All the best!!

Regards,

Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Agetan View Post

To be honest, the competition is always stiff and people take lower price for work they do...

One last thing... DO NOT compete in price, but should compete in style, so we always push ourselves to limit to give the couple the best we could, not the lowest we can do!! So you can enjoy wedding photography more!!

Best way is to find a mentor who will show you the way and let you shoot along side of them... If you look hard enough, you will find one!!

All the best!!

Regards,

Hart

well said!

*Contents Removed*
    Last edited by Cheesecake; 31st October 2006 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Flamebait. Please refrain from posting replies that will cause an uproar among the other members.

All the best!!

Regards,

Hart
    correct, and don't pull ueself down with price, die faster.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vone View Post
    Hi,

Thanks!
    There are many bridal and wedding forum that you can advertise your services, but bear in mind client pool from there are very price sensitive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nooby0 View Post
    Wedding jobs are overrated. Everyone's competiting on price and not quality.
    didn't you say that it was "dirt easy" and even your niece can do it?

Hey Vone, if you're interested, there are some stories up on http://www.weddingphotonet.blogspot.com on starting out as a wedding photographer and the pitfalls etc. It's certainly worth a read and it will save me a whole bunch of typing too.

I was once told by a old timer wedding photographer that during a very busy year, he did 16 wedding day assignments in a row! Within, there were 2 which went back to back, without going home to rest and change.

All the best!!

Regards,

Hart
    QFT, words of wisdom

DO NOT compete in price, but should compete in style, so we always push ourselves to limit to give the couple the best we could, not the lowest we can do!! Hart
    very very well said!! can i use your quote as refernce.. hopes it is not copyrighted
    btw i am in the video industry and i share the same sentiment as u!!

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    I was once told by a old timer wedding photographer that during a very busy year, he did 16 wedding day assignments in a row! Within, there were 2 which went back to back, without going home to rest and change.
    I heard of one who did 16 assignments in a month. The best part was, he has another full time job and wedding is only his part-time

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by perspectives-act View Post
    I heard of one who did 16 assignments in a month. The best part was, he has another full time job and wedding is only his part-time
    wah...that is really one shot one kill photo man...cannot miss one...

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    this is good !!

i would love to be so busy like him....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast