Thread: Recommend me PnS

Default Recommend me PnS

Can anyone recommend me a PnS which is closest to say a 350D's performance but smaller than a S3?

Basically, I want IS, 16x9, High ISO of at least 800 without noticable noice and most importantly manual mode.

Whats your pick?

Thanks

Default Re: Recommend me PnS

Quote Originally Posted by panzerpunk View Post
    Can anyone recommend me a PnS which is closest to say a 350D's performance but smaller than a S3?

Basically, I want IS, 16x9, High ISO of at least 800 without noticable noice and most importantly manual mode.

Whats your pick?

Thanks
    you must be kidding for that spec... something smaller than S3 yet good noise control and near 350D performance...

\Basically, I want IS, 16x9, High ISO of at least 800 without noticable noice and most importantly manual mode.
    \
    You just described the fantasy of every photographer. No such cam exists at this time, the closest would be the Fuji F30 with its amazing noise control up to iso 800. Missing the rest of your wants though.

you can only get that in the now, dreamland. lower your spec and mayb look into nikon

Canon G7?

Ok, I shall put such chimerical thoughts aside. Thanks guys!

Whats your pick?

Thanks
    Closest I can think of is the Panasonic LX2.

Buy 2, Panasonic LX2 for outoor good daylight, and Fuji F30 for indoor or poor outdoor light.