Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Film is dead?

Originally posted by tsdh

yeah.. for indoor (or at night), there's no need to give offering to the light-god if using fully mechanical equipment. so keep your FM2.

But like it or not, in the future, wearable photovoltaic charger will be a norm. a UK company has already done a research to weave textile using photovoltaic thread (they already showed a prototype of shirt capable generating electricity from surrounding lights).
    That's good news for digicam lovers
    Does it means that you'll get yourself short circuited if you're wearing a 12V charging outfit in the rain? Since you're wearing a battery charger, I bet the lightning would be searching all over to strike you even in broad daylight

Originally posted by jasonpgc
    Does it means that you'll get yourself short circuited if you're wearing a 12V charging outfit in the rain? Since you're wearing a battery charger, I bet the lightning would be searching all over to strike you even in broad daylight
    No, jasonpgc.....
    The creator of those "charger shirt" already thought about that, so their shirt is machine washable, can stay in the rain too, similar as common shirt.
    And for your info; lightning doesn't search for electric voltage (or stored power inside battery), but it look after electric field, especially for the static potential difference. Don't tell me that lightning always strike the aeroplane up there because it is carrying electric generator and battery on board.

Originally posted by tsdh

No, jasonpgc.....
    The creator of those "charger shirt" already thought about that, so their shirt is machine washable, can stay in the rain too, similar as common shirt.
    And for your info; lightning doesn't search for electric voltage (or stored power inside battery), but it look after electric field, especially for the static potential difference. Don't tell me that lightning always strike the aeroplane up there because it is carrying electric generator and battery on board.
    Guess I worry too much. Lets hope its not too expensive, I want to use it to power my portable fan

Originally posted by StreetShooter

6. Artistic cred. Somehow film users get more boasting rights than a digicam user, don't you think?
    more so if said film user shoots exclusively black and white
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

Originally posted by Red Dawn

more so if said film user shoots exclusively black and white
    Which means that the greatest poseurs are those people who shoot in digital colour and post-process to B&W.

IMHO,

Actually, film will die one day or if not it will become more expensive to use, since less and less people use it.

Besides, read recently that Fuji is going to discontinue their film base P&S camera. So no camera, how to use film?

Mini lab will also be force to go digital if demand picks up for digital media and manufacturer may not introduce new film based processing equipment and hence old machine will eventually die due to lack of spare parts and demand.

Future digital camera will be more intelligent,
    >>> will auto correct exposure, auto level, colour balance. etc

Future processing machine will also auto correct/level and produce near perfect picture without need to use Photoshop.

CF or storage medium will get so cheap that it could be discarded after use.

Bluetooth will enhance digicam to other hardware experience.

DVD and other s/w will help you archive your photo with search functions. One 9GB DVD = 12.8 CDs?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234