Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where are the nice Pro's photos?

Thanks tomshen, well said.

Gotta agreed with you that photosig is a nice place to see some nice photos, except that the comments and ratings given there are like..... er.... a bit weird.

Will having a few green thumbs bring in more pictures?

Originally posted by togu
    Thanks tomshen, well said.

Gotta agreed with you that photosig is a nice place to see some nice photos, except that the comments and ratings given there are like..... er.... a bit weird.

Will having a few green thumbs bring in more pictures?
    To a certain extend, I dun care about the evaluating system. I feel that some photographers are apparently keen in promoting their works, kind of "I rate u so u rate me as reward" situation. Sometimes I dun think a picture with 300+ thumbs is necessarily better than another one rated at 50+. y bother? Everyone has his preference, and style. U define my own photography. Also, critiques is more important than appraise. u dun post only because u want to hear some WOWs, right? Like I read somewhere, a photographer should always shoot, shoot, shoot, and shoot, and shoot more. Got some good pix? Fine, lock them and go out and shoot again. The masterpiece comes from someone with passion in photography, be him/her a pro or an amateur.

Not a pro yet not afraid to post. When posts and no reply, why bother?
    I see some CS members posting their work at PhotoSig and get good response. When people appreciate your work, that matters.

Originally posted by aosis
    Not a pro yet not afraid to post. When posts and no reply, why bother?
    I see some CS members posting their work at PhotoSig and get good response. When people appreciate your work, that matters.
    Hmm.. sometimes no reply doesn't means a photo is not being appreciated, I'm sure there are a lot of viewers out there who don't reply to postings in the forum. And getting good response at Photosig doesn't help one improves as well.

As for me, I'm looking for honest and constructive comments on my photos, so that I can see from a different view point on how I can improve the pic. If I don't get any of that, I don't see any benefits in posting pics.. so why bother.

no response = no reply = no comments = no improvement,

so as i plead to CS members, when u view a photo please leave a line or two (good or bad). That will help the photographer a lot.
    Last edited by aosis; 27th January 2003 at 05:22 PM.

I find that Photosig has become too much of I scratch (pat) your back you scratch (pat) mine kind of comments.

Some are flooded with "Great shot" with three thumbs up, or something like "great shot! have you seen my latest shot? <with a link>". And several of my favorite photographers & critiques have since left the place, or used a different alias to get more honest reviews.

The concept of photosig was good, but some chose to exploit and destroy the idea.

I frequent photo.net more nowadays, going back to the simpler days

-ptl-

seems u all are inviting comments for ur shots..

How abt someone tell me, whose comments are u looking forward to? the pros or rookies?

I think the lack of comments in CS is due to the high expectation of the comments. You are expected to give "High quality constructive" comments else pple will say your comments are worthless. No longer can you give sincere comments like wow or nice. As such, pple esp. newbies nowadays shy away from giving comments.

Originally posted by jeffgoh
    Luckily i do not qualifty cos i newbie
    if jeff newbie, i think the rest of us can go home sleep and put camera one corner collect spider babies liao

Originally posted by StreetShooter
    Only amateurs like myself still thick-skinned enough to continue posting regularly, even with no comments. Pro's all gave up long time ago.
    i'm with you, practice makes perfect. till the day u see no more post from us, means we reach the mountain top liao. can dun use camera take photo liao....its all in the mind.

OK OK!! So from today onwards we all dun post anymore pics

Originally posted by eadwine
    OK OK!! So from today onwards we all dun post anymore pics
    So fast reached mountain top liao?

JUMP JUMP JUMP!
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Time for moderators and founders to do something about this. Not too good since CS just celebrated its one year birthday. Should continue to progress.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12