Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendations please

Default Re: Recommendations please

so basically the IS helps to compensate the loss of light ? Just did a google, the cnet review of the S3IS is kinda low as compared to th LX-01, another compact camera. Whats your take on this ?

cnet ??

thats a dumb website to go to for reviews...

hw can u expect a chicken rice seller telling you how good the ba chor mee from another stall across the street ??

www.dpreview.com

it will give a better review.

i am basically a nikon man for the past few years.. so as for canon... they have earned my respect as a brand..... thats why i am recommending it.

U should consider the Fujifilm S6500fd.. it comes with 28mm wide angle which is better for travelling and scenery.. the clean high ISO is a big plus as well..

I think you should have atleast 3k in your pocket before you want to even think of using a DSLR.
    Buying a good 2nd hand camera with kit lenses will cost you about 1k (if you are lucky), then you need a strobe (or flash), which cost from $200++ ( e.g. SB600, not really useful unless you using two or more) to $600++ (e.g. SB800).
    Not forgetting tripods $100-300(since most cheap tripods cant handle the weight well), spare batteries, filters, remote control.... etc
    Overall, I would say DSLR is not a cheap investment as it is pretty addictive to buy gears... do a search on "buy buy buy".... and you will know. Especially when you saw a cheap deal on the market place.... lol

PS: I am assuming the products in Nikon only, its still about there regardless which DSLR you are buying.

Glennyong: Haha. Thanks for the tip. Will go there to read up more.

Goondoo: Wa 3K! I don't think i will be spending so much on a camera thou.
    Last edited by delphi; 27th October 2006 at 10:39 PM.

Update: Went to best denki to try out the cameras now so sort of narrowed down my choices to the following.

1)IXUS 85O IS
    2)FX01
    3)S3IS
    4)G7

Guy any further help here ? the first 2 choices have wide lens thou...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12