Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: which shop to buy pentax *ist DL

  1. #1

    Default which shop to buy pentax *ist DL

    Thinking of buying pentax *ist DL.... read that the recommended retail price is $999.

    Which shop offers the best price/value? Cathay photo? John 3:16?

    cheers.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    AMK, Singapore
    Posts
    527

    Default Re: which shop to buy pentax *ist DL

    *ist DL has already been replaced by the K100D.. so u should be getting the K100D at around $1.1k instead..

    If budget is tight.. can consider getting a used *ist DL from one of our bro here..

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=230461
    Last edited by stk; 26th October 2006 at 09:36 AM.

  3. #3

    Default Re: which shop to buy pentax *ist DL

    heh thanks stk.

    tony, my final offer to you is $700. thanks!

  4. #4

    Default Re: which shop to buy pentax *ist DL

    Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    *ist DL has already been replaced by the K100D.. so u should be getting the K100D at around $1.1k instead..

    If budget is tight.. can consider getting a used *ist DL from one of our bro here..

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=230461
    Would not some shops still carry old inventory of the camera?

    Anyway is the size and form factor for K100D same as *ist DL?

    cheers.

  5. #5
    Member smtan24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    1,496

    Default Re: which shop to buy pentax *ist DL

    If I'm not wrong *ist DL has been replace by *ist DL2

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    AMK, Singapore
    Posts
    527

    Default Re: which shop to buy pentax *ist DL

    Quote Originally Posted by chantony View Post
    Would not some shops still carry old inventory of the camera?

    Anyway is the size and form factor for K100D same as *ist DL?

    cheers.
    The K100D is slightly heavier (maybe a bit bigger also) than the *ist DL.. but IMHO, the K100D is well worth the small price difference with the improved features and performance..

    Btw, there is a *ist DL2 also, but IMHO, it's only a minor upgrade over the *ist DL and cannot rival the K100D..

  7. #7

    Default Re: which shop to buy pentax *ist DL

    If you want a cheaper cam, try to get the K100d - it's got the improved af, etc, but no SR. (and should be cheaper.)

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    523

    Default Re: which shop to buy pentax *ist DL

    Quote Originally Posted by dnaxe View Post
    If you want a cheaper cam, try to get the K100d - it's got the improved af, etc, but no SR. (and should be cheaper.)
    K110D?
    ~*phanTAsmal*~ [Panasonic Tz7 & Pentax K10D]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40633616@N00/

  9. #9

    Default Re: which shop to buy pentax *ist DL

    Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    The K100D is slightly heavier (maybe a bit bigger also) than the *ist DL.. but IMHO, the K100D is well worth the small price difference with the improved features and performance..

    Btw, there is a *ist DL2 also, but IMHO, it's only a minor upgrade over the *ist DL and cannot rival the K100D..
    actually the K100d feels much heavier..but the SR is worth the extra weight..

  10. #10

    Default Re: which shop to buy pentax *ist DL

    Quote Originally Posted by phantasmal View Post
    K110D?
    yup...

    K110D - No SR - not sold in Singapore
    K100D - SR Can be bought at Alan Photo SLS/Funan

  11. #11

    Default Re: which shop to buy pentax *ist DL

    Quote Originally Posted by airconvent View Post
    yup...

    K110D - No SR - not sold in Singapore
    K100D - SR Can be bought at Alan Photo SLS/Funan
    K100D also available at MS Color AMK. Getting it tomorrow.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    523

    Default Re: which shop to buy pentax *ist DL

    Quote Originally Posted by southernoise View Post
    K100D also available at MS Color AMK. Getting it tomorrow.
    Cool, wats the price quoted?
    Hehe can also ask the estimated deliverance date of K10D?

    Quote Originally Posted by airconvent View Post
    actually the K100d feels much heavier..but the SR is worth the extra weight..
    Hmmm K10D is heavier than K100D....
    ~*phanTAsmal*~ [Panasonic Tz7 & Pentax K10D]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40633616@N00/

  13. #13

    Default Re: which shop to buy pentax *ist DL

    Quote Originally Posted by phantasmal View Post
    Cool, wats the price quoted?
    Hehe can also ask the estimated deliverance date of K10D?
    same same... $1120 with card and bag. I'll ask for you lah but I doubt got answer.

    You can try calling Shriro and ask but I'll doubt you'll get an answer too. It'll all depends who you talk to there. hahaha...

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    523

    Default Re: which shop to buy pentax *ist DL

    Quote Originally Posted by southernoise View Post
    same same... $1120 with card and bag. I'll ask for you lah but I doubt got answer.

    Tks and congrats on the purchase of the cam having the 2nd best dynamic range besides the Fuji S3Pro.

    http://www.imaging-resource.com/PROD...00DIMATEST.HTM
    ~*phanTAsmal*~ [Panasonic Tz7 & Pentax K10D]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40633616@N00/

  15. #15

    Default Re: which shop to buy pentax *ist DL

    well... to be absolutely honest, its very nice to know that the budget K100D is comparable to what others are offering right up there.

    But to me, I'm only concerned about the improved AF over the DL and the SR so that I "might" not need to buy expensive 2.8 lenses... I only hope that the SR will help in my lowlight shooting esp for concerts and gigs.

    I'm already sold on the Pentax system so now its all about getting a body that will help me take better pictures.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    523

    Default Re: which shop to buy pentax *ist DL

    Quote Originally Posted by southernoise View Post
    well... to be absolutely honest, its very nice to know that the budget K100D is comparable to what others are offering right up there.

    But to me, I'm only concerned about the improved AF over the DL and the SR so that I "might" not need to buy expensive 2.8 lenses... I only hope that the SR will help in my lowlight shooting esp for concerts and gigs.

    I'm already sold on the Pentax system so now its all about getting a body that will help me take better pictures.
    Yup indeed.
    SR is v helpful, i am a fan of SR after using Pana cam.
    1120 for the kit.
    Wat's the price for one w/o kit lens?
    ~*phanTAsmal*~ [Panasonic Tz7 & Pentax K10D]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40633616@N00/

  17. #17

    Default Re: which shop to buy pentax *ist DL

    Quote Originally Posted by phantasmal View Post
    Yup indeed.
    SR is v helpful, i am a fan of SR after using Pana cam.
    1120 for the kit.
    Wat's the price for one w/o kit lens?
    i got it with the kit. dunno if they sell without the kit lens or not. doubt so again.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    523

    Default Re: which shop to buy pentax *ist DL

    Quote Originally Posted by southernoise View Post
    i got it with the kit. dunno if they sell without the kit lens or not. doubt so again.
    Tks.
    Btw Abode Raw 3.6 is out, supports K100D.

    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0611/06110101adobecr36.asp
    ~*phanTAsmal*~ [Panasonic Tz7 & Pentax K10D]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40633616@N00/

  19. #19

    Default Re: which shop to buy pentax *ist DL

    So far as far as I know, Singapore does not sell it without kit lens.
    Usually if you do not want the kit lens, can make a deal with the seller to trade it in for another one. They will then resell the kit lens separately to another customer.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    523

    Default Re: which shop to buy pentax *ist DL

    Quote Originally Posted by airconvent View Post
    So far as far as I know, Singapore does not sell it without kit lens.
    Usually if you do not want the kit lens, can make a deal with the seller to trade it in for another one. They will then resell the kit lens separately to another customer.
    Oh i see, tho tat all intl practices are the same, tks for the info.
    ~*phanTAsmal*~ [Panasonic Tz7 & Pentax K10D]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40633616@N00/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •