Thread: Anyone using Olympus IS-series film cameras?

Thumbs up Anyone using Olympus IS-series film cameras?

Got an IS-500, and I love it.

Saw an IS-3000 being sold on Y!Auctions. Hesitated a bit, and now it's gone. Dang!

Olympus IS-series.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Default Re: Anyone using Olympus IS-series film cameras?

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    Got an IS-500, and I love it.

Saw an IS-3000 being sold on Y!Auctions. Hesitated a bit, and now it's gone. Dang!

Olympus IS-series.
    Y..?, U stil looking for an Is-3000 ah?. How much are you willing to pay for a MINT condition unit?

Dang. Bad timing again! I already bought it off Y!Auctions. Wasn't really "mint", but it still works beautifully.

Thanks for the offer tough.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

I own a is-1000 or also know as Is-1, i got it second hand, other then the loading ( some loose racket ) the camera takes very good pictures. I have absolutely no complain except for the 35mm , i wish is is a 28mm wide angle, puting on a wide angle lens is so..... troublesome and expensive .....
    I used it for a few wedding photos, even in very challenge lighting the pics turns out just wonderful. It is a very worthwhile camera if you still want to stick to film. It makes those very expensive SLR a laughing stock! it is really just point and shoot.
    I almost want to buy another is , this would be is-3 and the TTL flash G40, but I think film is getting more expesive, so I stop investing in them, but i do miss and love taking pic using film camera. ( i do have quite a few film cameras ( mostly Olympus OM series ) ) I still keeping my is 1000 ..... The pic taken can match any of my OM series camera pic.... and to mention other SLR!!

Talking Re: Anyone using Olympus IS-series film cameras?

After a looong time procratinating, I finally managed to scan my first shots of my IS-3000!

Love it, man. I oughtta take it out more often!

Rest of the series here.

The IS-series is interesting. I wasn't sure I would like it after my OM-1N died but the IS-20DLX that I have is a reasonably fast camera though the fixed lens made me wonder how successful/frustrating it would be.

The series did lead to some interesting digital cameras from Olympus, though, until the Supersonic Wave Filter was developed.