Thread: i love knobs

Default i love knobs

hello everyone. here is an image i took of the knob on my desk and i'd like to hear some pointers. also have a question... i would love to take a pic of a glass door knob (its on a white door) i've tryed but failed... any ideas how should i do it?

thank you

Default Re: i love knobs

Use manual focus.

The DOF is too shallow....lower half of the knob is OOF...

leumas01, lastboltnut thank you!

Bokeh looks weird. What lens did you use?

PointBlue
    What lens did you use?
    ha, i wish i knew... im no pro like all of you here. i have some crappy 5 y.o. camera which i got in college... its sony mvc-fd75 that thing records images to a floppy!!!! floppy!? can you imaging?! so in order to take an OK quality picture i need to change floppy after every image i take (it records in BMP format). oh.. i see some ## f=4.2-42mm 1:18 ?0? 37(infront of 37 some weird looking sign looks like crossed out 0)
    sad, very sad....
    lol

Why not try film cameras and ask the lab to scan to CD for you?
    You'll be able to have more control over your photos.

O, your is a floppy disk compact. With a big LCD at the back huh? Think its 1.1 or 1.3 mega pix.

Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCat View Post
    PointBlue ha, i wish i knew... im no pro like all of you here. i have some crappy 5 y.o. camera which i got in college... its sony mvc-fd75 that thing records images to a floppy!!!! floppy!? can you imaging?! so in order to take an OK quality picture i need to change floppy after every image i take (it records in BMP format). oh.. i see some ## f=4.2-42mm 1:18 ?0? 37(infront of 37 some weird looking sign looks like crossed out 0)
    sad, very sad....
    lol
    Last edited by lastboltnut; 26th October 2006 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCat View Post
    PointBlue ha, i wish i knew... im no pro like all of you here. i have some crappy 5 y.o. camera which i got in college... its sony mvc-fd75 that thing records images to a floppy!!!! floppy!? can you imaging?! so in order to take an OK quality picture i need to change floppy after every image i take (it records in BMP format). oh.. i see some ## f=4.2-42mm 1:18 ?0? 37(infront of 37 some weird looking sign looks like crossed out 0)
    sad, very sad....
    lol
    Use a piece of tissue paper to cover the flash before shooting, it will act like a diffuser.The lighting on the top of the knob is quite harsh.