Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is my dry cabi so powerful?

Default Re: is my dry cabi so powerful?

Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft View Post
    It can happen on Air-Cond room (running air-cond I mean).

What is the reading if you open the dry-cab's door, turn off dry-cab, for lets say 1-2 minutes? It should reading around 70-80%RH in no air-cond room.

Regards,
    Arto.
    erm...i opened door for around 10mins, turned off the dry cabi, and it was still around 35~40% reading...non-air con room...

maybe the meter needs calibration or sth? but i don't know how..haha
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    erm...i opened door for around 10mins, turned off the dry cabi, and it was still around 35~40% reading...non-air con room...

maybe the meter needs calibration or sth? but i don't know how..haha
    call the digicabi folks, if its under warranty get it fixed, otherwise just get a digital hygrometer and see whats the real reading in there. if the dehumidifier unit is faulty then its time to change it or might be cheaper to get a new cabinet - and make it digital this time!!
    Many are culled, few are chosen

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Happy View Post
    call the digicabi folks, if its under warranty get it fixed, otherwise just get a digital hygrometer and see whats the real reading in there. if the dehumidifier unit is faulty then its time to change it or might be cheaper to get a new cabinet - and make it digital this time!!
    think i'll borrow one digital meter from my friend to check if the analogue meter is faulty or sth...
    eat. drink. shoot

Not sure if my findings are true. With a new dry cabby, i tend to allow it to stabilise over afew days (min 3days) before putting my gears in it. The initial readings do get very very low and should not be a cause for alarm. This i am referring to the average brands dry cabs out there. But in the case of a made in japan dry cabby or the budget ones, i have no experience using them.

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    Not sure if my findings are true. With a new dry cabby, i tend to allow it to stabilise over afew days (min 3days) before putting my gears in it. The initial readings do get very very low and should not be a cause for alarm. This i am referring to the average brands dry cabs out there. But in the case of a made in japan dry cabby or the budget ones, i have no experience using them.
    my digital unit fired up without problems, but i recall the instructions stated that it should be left on and empty for 8 hours or something before use. moral of the story is GO DIGITAL! less headache... but pocket hurts a little more
    Many are culled, few are chosen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12