Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 58910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Wee are Singapore

Blog Entries

Default Re: Wee are Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    interesting. your definition of elite is an 18yo rjc girl?
    that is her own definition, she called herself "elite"

you connected the term elite in my statement with her because she called herself one.
    I did not say she was one.

She does not deserve the title

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    that is her own definition, she called herself "elite"

you connected the term elite in my statement with her because she called herself one.
    I did not say she was one.

She does not deserve the title
    oh... for a while i thought you implied another meaning. mistaken, sry.

Wee Shu Min wrote this of Singapore, "we are a tyranny of the capable and the clever".

So she is calling our leaders "tyrants".

A tyrant is a person who governs oppressively, unjustly and arbitrarily.

In other words, Wee Shu Min said that our leaders are not fit for office.

Has Miss Wee not defamed our leaders?
    Last edited by zaren; 26th October 2006 at 01:43 AM.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    Wee Shu Min wrote this of Singapore, "we are a tyranny of the capable and the clever".

From what I understand of that quote is the opposite, to me it means the masses are dependent on the elite lah so to say... wah such aloofness. Something is not right here, hope it is not what we breed due to our education system.

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    From what I understand of that quote is the opposite, to me it means the masses are dependent on the elite lah so to say... wah such aloofness. Something is not right here, hope it is not what we breed due to our education system.

../azul123
    i dun think its the education system this time... i seriously doubt it... its a personality issue here... i dun see any other kids go around saying they are elite, cos only she thinks she is 1 here... and whoever tells her she is or emphasize she is, are, going to be... created this mindset into her... (my education only put me down... how i hope someone would say i am an elite)

if u really wanna say the education system, maybe its the classification of streams and schools, but its everywhere, not just sg... but then again, the reinforcement of such thoughts are alarming... IF, she is going to be a future MP, then i go to her district and ask her about some problems... (meet the MP session) then would she tell me to brush up my english before i speak? or would she request i do a written one, with F7 spelling & grammar check? and most importantly, would i have the chance to even talk to her?

just note, she belittles a fellow citizen, and if in chinese history, someone of her own 'clan', and esp someone alot older than she is... (okie, i do that too... but mostly to those anonymous... ) with such young mind, yet such arrogance... what should we do here...

anyway, would reckon it will 'blow away' after awhile... as if nothing happen...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    i dun think its the education system this time... i seriously doubt it... its a personality issue here... i dun see any other kids go around saying they are elite, cos only she thinks she is 1 here... and whoever tells her she is or emphasize she is, are, going to be... created this mindset into her... (my education only put me down... how i hope someone would say i am an elite)

if u really wanna say the education system, maybe its the classification of streams and schools, but its everywhere, not just sg... but then again, the reinforcement of such thoughts are alarming... IF, she is going to be a future MP, then i go to her district and ask her about some problems... (meet the MP session) then would she tell me to brush up my english before i speak? or would she request i do a written one, with F7 spelling & grammar check? and most importantly, would i have the chance to even talk to her?

just note, she belittles a fellow citizen, and if in chinese history, someone of her own 'clan', and esp someone alot older than she is... (okie, i do that too... but mostly to those anonymous... ) with such young mind, yet such arrogance... what should we do here...

anyway, would reckon it will 'blow away' after awhile... as if nothing happen...
    actually u wake up also very early !!

well... the current situation is that kids nowadays think that they are smarter and is always right. esp those in the higher learning institutes. they tend to look down on others, and i mean it because i've seen it with my own 4 eyes.

when u sit on the train or in public areas, u will see alot of students when its after school hours.

and i would like to share with u this particular incident, which i have to bring up. I was at junction 8, meeting up with a client. I saw this girl from the nearby ITE, she was wearing her uniform and etc, i believe she doing a survey for her assignment or something.

she walked up to a rjc student who was obvious that he and she was waiting for some of their friends. and when she asked if they could help to do the survey, they looked at her from bottom to top and just walked away !

worst part... when another surveyor came and asked the same group, they gladly do it.

imagine for that girl if she were to see that.....

its not that i am being sensitive. but the kids nowadays look down on their peers who are of a lower education status then them, they feel that they belong to the top percentile of the society and will eventually rule the country.

and guess what. they come from the same jc. and thats rjc.... i have no objections with the school. but seriously students nowadays are a bunch of punks who they think they are the best...

theres so many incidents involving students giving racist remarks, etc etc.... and the schools have always been covering them up...

and student nowadays. outta control....

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post

well... the current situation is that kids nowadays think that they are smarter and is always right. esp those in the higher learning institutes. they tend to look down on others, and i mean it because i've seen it with my own 4 eyes.

when u sit on the train or in public areas, u will see alot of students when its after school hours.

and i would like to share with u this particular incident, which i have to bring up. I was at junction 8, meeting up with a client. I saw this girl from the nearby ITE, she was wearing her uniform and etc, i believe she doing a survey for her assignment or something.

she walked up to a rjc student who was obvious that he and she was waiting for some of their friends. and when she asked if they could help to do the survey, they looked at her from bottom to top and just walked away !

worst part... when another surveyor came and asked the same group, they gladly do it.

imagine for that girl if she were to see that.....

its not that i am being sensitive. but the kids nowadays look down on their peers who are of a lower education status then them, they feel that they belong to the top percentile of the society and will eventually rule the country.

and guess what. they come from the same jc. and thats rjc.... i have no objections with the school. but seriously students nowadays are a bunch of punks who they think they are the best...

theres so many incidents involving students giving racist remarks, etc etc.... and the schools have always been covering them up...

and student nowadays. outta control....
    oh well... bo pian liao... hope next life i am elite... i never go to JC b4... then study normal stream, no wonder ppl look down on me... haiz... is it that go JC = elite?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

forget this part... today exception... woke up about 2+ to off the tv & lights, then was surfing til now... haiz... in the dark...

oh well... bo pian liao... hope next life i am elite... i never go to JC b4... then study normal stream, no wonder ppl look down on me... haiz... is it that go JC = elite?
    i also normal stream one.....

yah.. jC = Elite.

NUS = Elite

NTU = NOT ELITE

only NUS is elite

if got go gifted programme = to elite of the elites

i come from small kampung secondary school. humble life. and still having it....

i wish i can be reborned to be a elite also !

forget this part... today exception... woke up about 2+ to off the tv & lights, then was surfing til now... haiz... in the dark...
    in 45mins more i have to go office liao leh ! wah liao.... 2molo is FRIDAY !!! must tahan....

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post

Technically, that statement could also be taken to read as the capable and clever are being placed within a tyranny......

Remember the law's loophole when you beat someone up, and the cops will say "do you want to file?" and not make a direct arrest?

Maybe one day, these elites will have a taste of this loophole. (Well, they can sue of course).

Some discriminated school kids organising a "beat a RJ kid a day" campaign. And when things really go out of control, let's see how these elites handle it. All the anger building up and no where to be released. We will see... we will see...

Thankfully we are not a democratic country like the US... or by now there would have been some bullets pumped into the heads of these RJC kids or some rape and murder cases. Hate killing.
    Last edited by microcosm; 26th October 2006 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by microcosm View Post
    Thankfully we are not a democratic country like the US... or by now there would have been some bullets pumped into the heads of these RJC kids or some rape and murder cases. Hate killing.
    too bad... singapore cannot carry arms around freely nor even owning one...

rape and murder cases ??? highly possible...... highly possible.......

Quote Originally Posted by Silverelf View Post
    Technically, that statement could also be taken to read as the capable and clever are being placed within a tyranny......
    "we are a tyranny of the capable and the clever, and the only other class is the complement."

read the context of her post. she says there are basically two classes in singapore;
    a) the capable and clever
    b) the rest.

therefore, what she is saying is that the ruling class (capable and clever) oppress the ordinary folk (the rest).
    Last edited by zaren; 26th October 2006 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post

../azul123
    she did not write "dependency", but "tyranny". in other words, the elite are oppressing the masses, going by the definition of "tyranny".

anyway, the Wees have publicly apologised. time to move on.....

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    anyway, the Wees have publicly apologised. time to move on.....
    i agree we should do that..

but like that the ba chor mee stall says "move on ? move on your si lang tao ah !"

come. let me show u the cctv cabera of my stall..

but like that the ba chor mee stall says "move on ? move on your si lang tao ah !"

lets ask derek if he got the cctv bo...

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    she did not write "dependency", but "tyranny". in other words, the elite are oppressing the masses, going by the definition of "tyranny".
    She was trying to be philosophical, anyway no need to split hairs about it.

../azul123

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 58910111215 ... LastLast