Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Full body checkup - where to recommend?

  1. #1

    Default Full body checkup - where to recommend?

    For me, a guy. Where can you recommend? I heard there're several packages you can choose from? Usually how long is it gonna take? I'm planning to do this either once in a year or 2.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Full body checkup - where to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by behyx View Post
    For me, a guy. Where can you recommend? I heard there're several packages you can choose from? Usually how long is it gonna take? I'm planning to do this either once in a year or 2.
    Raffles hospital.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Full body checkup - where to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by alwayschampion View Post
    Raffles hospital.
    And how much is it gonna cost?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,218

    Default Re: Full body checkup - where to recommend?

    There are several NTUC clinics and there are three main check ups. The most complete includes 3 cancer tests, I think it was around SGD 178 for non-NTUC members. slightly cheaper for members.....

    Hong Sien

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,218

    Default Re: Full body checkup - where to recommend?

    A friend of mine from Indonesia (JKT) had arranged a check up as well at Mount Elizabeth, and they charged him SGD 1500! And I don't think the doctor appnt's were included, but that would have been a relatively smaller sum. I believe this test would have been a very similar one as the one NTUC is doing.......but you still need to see a doctor to get a proper diagnose with those results.

    In the end my friend did the test at NTUC.

    Good Luck!

    Hong Sien

  6. #6

    Default Re: Full body checkup - where to recommend?

    you can go directly to pathlab at genting lane if you want comprehensive blood tests done cheap. various packages available. save on the markups that the hospitals charge.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Full body checkup - where to recommend?

    u can go to SATA
    i think is less than $300 quite ex for a private but then the waiting time can be really fast

  8. #8
    Deregistered vince123123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    6,391

    Default Re: Full body checkup - where to recommend?

    Seriously, just go to a polyclinic, it is so cheap. My last test only cost S$26.40.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Full body checkup - where to recommend?

    ya...i tink either a poly clinic or ya GP referral would be better ya...

  10. #10
    Senior Member dominator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Amazon Forest
    Posts
    1,656

    Default Re: Full body checkup - where to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    you can go directly to pathlab at genting lane if you want comprehensive blood tests done cheap. various packages available. save on the markups that the hospitals charge.
    Yep, Pathlab.
    They are one of the main lab where even clinic sends in blood/stools for test.

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Seriously, just go to a polyclinic, it is so cheap. My last test only cost S$26.40.
    $26.40? Is it the same very basic check like those given free by NKF...

    For a proper checkup it is easily above $100++ even in polyclinic.
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

  11. #11
    Deregistered vince123123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    6,391

    Default Re: Full body checkup - where to recommend?

    Well, what I did was :

    1. Thalassemia
    2. Venous Plasma Glocuse
    3. Lipid Profile
    3. Alanine amino
    4. aspartate amino
    5. K+ NA+ CL
    6. Urea
    7. Creatinie

    This was based on a GP's recommendation. If you wanna do more, I suppose you pay more.

    Quote Originally Posted by dominator View Post
    Yep, Pathlab.
    They are one of the main lab where even clinic sends in blood/stools for test.


    $26.40? Is it the same very basic check like those given free by NKF...

    For a proper checkup it is easily above $100++ even in polyclinic.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Full body checkup - where to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by alwayschampion
    Raffles hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by behyx View Post
    And how much is it gonna cost?
    What is your requirement ?

  13. #13

    Default Re: Full body checkup - where to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by alwayschampion View Post
    What is your requirement ?

    Seriously, I don't know.

    I'm 24 this year, and I want to know the condition of my body to avoid whatever diet they advice me, etc... to prepare for my life ahead.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Full body checkup - where to recommend?

    Just basing on the info you gave (24yr, wanting to know the condition of your body) is not enough. The doctor will need to know your family history (anyone with high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer etc) and your social history (smoker, dorinker, work stress, exercise etc)

    Suggest you go to a doctor (GP, polyclinic, dr friend) you trust to recommend the tests needed based on more info. For a first-time check, minimum I would say:
    1. Height and weight (KIV percent body fat)
    2. cholesterol
    3. blood sugar
    4. full urine examination (not just the test strip)
    5. hepatitis B status

    Cholesterol and blood sugar level should be done fasting and at the lab. Do not go for the NKF type.

    I cannot recommend any specific place or package here due to conflict of interest.

    Vince123123, I am intrigued why you were recommended the package you described, assuming you understood and remembered correctly the tests you did. If you do not mind, pls PM me as I would love to know why.

  15. #15
    Deregistered vince123123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    6,391

    Default Re: Full body checkup - where to recommend?

    Those were the scientific names stated on the receipt, maybe I got them wrong because I'm not a doctor. - but from what I remember, the test included the components (1), (2), (3) in your list below. I omitted (5) as it is not necessary.

    Quote Originally Posted by kayheem View Post
    Just basing on the info you gave (24yr, wanting to know the condition of your body) is not enough. The doctor will need to know your family history (anyone with high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer etc) and your social history (smoker, dorinker, work stress, exercise etc)

    Suggest you go to a doctor (GP, polyclinic, dr friend) you trust to recommend the tests needed based on more info. For a first-time check, minimum I would say:
    1. Height and weight (KIV percent body fat)
    2. cholesterol
    3. blood sugar
    4. full urine examination (not just the test strip)
    5. hepatitis B status

    Cholesterol and blood sugar level should be done fasting and at the lab. Do not go for the NKF type.

    I cannot recommend any specific place or package here due to conflict of interest.

    Vince123123, I am intrigued why you were recommended the package you described, assuming you understood and remembered correctly the tests you did. If you do not mind, pls PM me as I would love to know why.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Full body checkup - where to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by behyx View Post
    And how much is it gonna cost?
    http://www.raffleshospital.com/healt..._packages.html

  17. #17

    Default Re: Full body checkup - where to recommend?

    i recommend tan tock seng hospital.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hogwarts
    Posts
    185

    Default Re: Full body checkup - where to recommend?

    Try Ong's Clinic at Burlington Square, Bencoolen Street.
    Dare & pursue to be different.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Full body checkup - where to recommend?

    I will bring my body to Canon HarbourFront.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,733

    Default Re: Full body checkup - where to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by kayheem View Post
    Suggest you go to a doctor (GP, polyclinic, dr friend) you trust to recommend the tests needed based on more info. For a first-time check, minimum I would say:
    1. Height and weight (KIV percent body fat)
    2. cholesterol
    3. blood sugar
    4. full urine examination (not just the test strip)
    5. hepatitis B status
    In additions to 1-5 above, I think should also include the Xray for chest(eg SARS), blood test(eg HIV), treadmill for heartbeat and pulse(eg potential heart attack), urine and faeces exam (not sure what but some illness can be detected only from urine and faeces, and maybe somemore.
    And then different doctors would translate the test results differently, some read very positively and some read very negatively...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •