Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to do this?

Default Re: how to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    in fact at the recent photoshop world asia, they got teach la.. just i was really suay enough to take cat naps at that point of time..

thats why until now i am still figuring how to do HDRI processing..
    they taught HDR?

how come i've no recollection of that?
    they covered panoramic and a few other on n offs.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by with_brokenwings View Post
    hey cheesecake

thx for the quikck reply.. i did google it and read the wiki on it but im still not too sure.. im hoping someone might be able to put it in layman terms for me.. and for those who might want to know as well.. btw, somehow i dont think its what im looking for? i might be wrong cos im like a newbie but the effect just seems different from imran's site.. hope some sage cld enlighten me. heh.
    I am no sage, but i did try to play with HDR before. Basically shoot a few of the same scene using different exposure some overexposed and some underexposed and merge them using a software or using PS.

However those that i did doesnt come out half as nice as the site abv. His are really cool. I would also like to know how he achieve it after his HDR combination.

I think he didnt shoot more than one exposure and combine, he is just very careful to expose the pics with the best details in the highlights and shadows, then proceed to selective adjustment in the highlights to darken it and shadows to show more details, perhaps add a shade of tone to make it slightly more monotone. Care to comment, Imran? haven seen u for a while..

Quote Originally Posted by modelinn View Post
    I think he didnt shoot more than one exposure and combine, he is just very careful to expose the pics with the best details in the highlights and shadows, then proceed to selective adjustment in the highlights to darken it and shadows to show more details, perhaps add a shade of tone to make it slightly more monotone. Care to comment, Imran? haven seen u for a while..
    I believe he did do multiple images. He responded to some of the comments in his site.

http://www.fotobyimran.com/index.php?showimage=37

Quote Originally Posted by modelinn View Post
    It would be good if Imran can share with us how he could PP his photos to get the effects.

Quote Originally Posted by lukexav View Post
    It would be good if Imran can share with us how he could PP his photos to get the effects.
    Wah.. I was searching for my old Buy and Sell posts and found this thread.

Yes, that's my site. Sorry to necro this thread and that my reply is 7 months late

Except for a few, most of my images are technically not HDR images since they are one shot. And Modellin got it spot on, I do expose so that the details in the highlights are intact. I do however sometimes use photomatix's tone mapping filter to help bring out details and micro contrasts.

Whether its HDR or single image tone mapping:

1. In photomatix, I don't bother to tweak the controls. I just use the default settings. It makes no difference to me really, because no matter how you tweak it, the tones just won't look right.

2. In PS, I'll bring back the mids and shadows to the image. I'll use curves or burning with 50% gray layer.

The rest are just normal stuff.. selective adjustments, coloring, toning and dodge and burn to taste.

There are other ways to create the look without HDR or photomatix. Sometimes I'll use high pass sharpening or Lucis Art and with the same steps above to achieve something like this:

Having said that, all these HDR stuff are great and has its uses. But in most cases, especially landscapes... I find that just a good old ND grad filter and a good eye will do more wonders than the best HDR-rendered image of a poor shot. Saves memory card space too

Hope that helps and happy shooting!

hahaaha...

It's better late than never.

Thx for your tips and mini tutorial!

尝试着用PS仿制了他的彩霞效果..
    PS try to imitate his Caixia effect ..
    Artifacted:

production:

its HDR, at times he does conduct workshop...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12