Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Apple use Intel Core Duo so wats so special about it now?

Default Re: Apple use Intel Core Duo so wats so special about it now?

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    sounds like user problem

so far i've never had to reinstall from cd since i started the 1st release of os x.
    But to be fair, not everyone was advised with the proper procedure of permissions repairs before running updates. That is what that usually gets the user. Like you, I have never had any problems updating the OS X since it was released 6 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by microcosm View Post
    But to be fair, not everyone was advised with the proper procedure of permissions repairs before running updates. That is what that usually gets the user. Like you, I have never had any problems updating the OS X since it was released 6 years ago.

werd...

tiger is light years ahead of xp .. and leopard will be light years ahead of vista

Quote Originally Posted by trlnlty View Post
    tiger is light years ahead of xp .. and leopard will be light years ahead of vista
    Light-years measure distance, not time.

Quote Originally Posted by fireframe View Post
    Light-years measure distance, not time.

okay shakesphere

If MacOS is so good then why so many Win PCs are around. And the funny thing is that most ppl use a PC!!!
    I myself is a Mac user very long time back and Apple dun make very reliable computer as it break down within 1 year. After getting it serviced (since it was still under warranty) and they replace a whole new motherboard, damn happy man like getting a whole new com!!!
    But it still break down within half a year!
    Do you think Apple made products are so reliable? Pls be frank...

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    If MacOS is so good then why so many Win PCs are around. And the funny thing is that most ppl use a PC!!!
    I myself is a Mac user very long time back and Apple dun make very reliable computer as it break down within 1 year. After getting it serviced (since it was still under warranty) and they replace a whole new motherboard, damn happy man like getting a whole new com!!!
    Those products made before 1998 (before the first iMac was launched) was fantastic. My 6100 still runs great and reliably. After that... it has been going downhill. This is a fact that I agree.

I would say Apple iBooks suck. The logic board failure has been so prevalent.

On some models of the G3 iBook, they did a recall and replacement of logic boards.

Currently, quite a number of G4 iBook users have reported their logic boards failing. My iBook G4 12" is also down!!! Many people are still waiting to see what Apple's response will be for the current problems on the iBook G4.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    frankly ah?

well my powermac g3 still working fine since i bought it in 1998. my powermac g4 still working since 2003. my 1st ipod lasted me slightly less than 2 years. my 2nd ipod still working fine after almost 3 years (i just need to change its battery). my colleagues thinkpad had its mainboard changed twice.

basically i think your mileage varies with any product. every now and then you get a lemon. dun forget...whether pc or mac or ipod, the most of the components still come from the same sources.

Account Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    frankly ah?

well my powermac g3 still working fine since i bought it in 1998. my powermac g4 still working since 2003. my 1st ipod lasted me slightly less than 2 years. my 2nd ipod still working fine after almost 3 years (i just need to change its battery). my colleagues thinkpad had its mainboard changed twice.

basically i think your mileage varies with any product. every now and then you get a lemon. dun forget...whether pc or mac or ipod, the most of the components still come from the same sources.
    Apple ROXxxxxXXXxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXX XXXXXxxXXXXXXXXXxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxx xxxxxX

Blog Entries

i am still using my old G4/400
    no problems since i bought it

I still have really old 9500 in the office running fine

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123