Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Apple use Intel Core Duo so wats so special about it now?

Default Re: Apple use Intel Core Duo so wats so special about it now?

less reinstalls and HDD formats. sheesh........those were the days for me.

yeah... i hate it when the windoze gets slower and slower with time... best way to get it to work nicely again is to reformat...

ah...the joys of mac os x

hate the mac cos its not net friendly. and it's sluggish.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    the difference is the design

the difference between the B&O TV and a Sony TV
    agree mac just lok pretty
    the last time i did a os update, it crashed the os & i have to reinstall the os from the out of box cd theni did a google & found out that its a common problem when updating os the mac gets hang...

Quote Originally Posted by gundugundu View Post
    agree mac just lok pretty
    the last time i did a os update, it crashed the os & i have to reinstall the os from the out of box cd theni did a google & found out that its a common problem when updating os the mac gets hang...
    sounds like user problem

so far i've never had to reinstall from cd since i started the 1st release of os x.

It just looks cooler - and runs cooler. Mac OS is just running a UNIX based OS. Its interface has lots of eye candy and is relatively easy to use. If you love UNIX, you'll love a Mac.... its like UNIX wearing designer threads....

To get Mac OS to run on Intel chips, the kernal basically has to be redone by the Mac engineeers. Once done, it should run on any x86 if you hack it a little more.

I'm using both.

In terms of security, by virture that its UNIX based, its a lot better then windows. In terms of usefulness... I feel that both has its place in the market.

If I need to turn more heads, I bring a Mac... if I want to blend in the crowd... my Dell comes along. Hmmm.... its like plane Jane or hot babe.

The Mac is a great creative tool. It's good for the internet, safe, secure, everything you could ask for. Thanks to my mac, I can concentrate on my work, not tidying up or 'optimizing' Windows.

I'll never go back to the ugly world of PCs with daily antivirus updates, crashes, and horrible Windows UI. Thanks to the mac.

The only mistake about mac is their lousy mouse, which can be fixed by using a normal pc mouse of course. If not for the fact that I have to do programming every now and then, I'll be using a mac too.
    If you understand my works, it's photography. If you don't, it's art.
    SplutterPhotography|flickr

I dun really care about hardware, I just love the chio looking of Mac OS, Unix based, lesser virus and malware, ease of doing things, more user friendly, stable and fun =)

If one day, Mac OS is legally allowed to install on DIY machine, I will install OSX on DIY PC too.

If one day, Windows looks as chio as Mac, I will switch to Windows. Hee. So far, Vista GUI dun look chio to me leh. I am open to using any OS that is fun to me.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchbean View Post
    yeah... i hate it when the windoze gets slower and slower with time... best way to get it to work nicely again is to reformat...
    this is one things which prompted me to stop using Windows. There are certain things I love about Windows. HOpe that one day Windows will not get slower after a period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    I dun really care about hardware, I just love the chio looking of Mac OS, Unix based, lesser virus and malware, ease of doing things, more user friendly, stable and fun =)

If one day, Mac OS is legally allowed to install on DIY machine, I will install OSX on DIY PC too.

If one day, Windows looks as chio as Mac, I will switch to Windows. Hee. So far, Vista GUI dun look chio to me leh. I am open to using any OS that is fun to me.
    rich ppl.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    I heard someone using a PC laptop installed with MacOS. Really no joke man!
    Then Mac won't be special anymore rite?
    tat's true.

by the use of emulator.

i had mac OS running on my PC once. that's true, oh yeah, it's true.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Splutter View Post
    The only mistake about mac is their lousy mouse, which can be fixed by using a normal pc mouse of course. If not for the fact that I have to do programming every now and then, I'll be using a mac too.
    have you tried the mighty mouse yet?

Quote Originally Posted by lightning View Post
    MAC is using an UNIX base...the special thing is just cosmatic. Many other OS are coming close to it already. Soon we will not see any diff between MAC / Unix / Microsoft OS.
    pass the crack pipe you are smoking...

Microsoft OS, is not, never will be run on UNIX... im a PC user.. have been all my life.. and th esimplicity and reliability of the MAC OS just astonished me when i bought a mac as a 2nd notebook.

microsoft have no choice but to keep building on their original OS dinosaur... why do you think vista is taking so long to release...

basically for all those (me of them) waiting for the apple to update their pro line of laptops .. about 1 month slower then every other laptop manufacturer, this is a huge relief ..

basically for the same price,

you get

more ram 1gb instead of 512
    more hdd space ... 120gb istead of 80gb
    a core 2 duo chip
    802.11n wireless

we were hoping to get a GPU update + easy access HDD bay + magnetic latch ...

oh well .. im still going to pick on up this friday once they arrive at the apple store

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    if a proton wira has an evolution engin then what is so special about the evo?
    Haha..the answer is simple...it's not jus the engine that makes the evo. It's the entire package. A proton can wear the evo engine, but driving a proton with a evo engine still can't be compared with driving an evo. Cos the Evo will always give u better handling and all the other technical sh*t. =)

Apple will always be special..cos it always places user experience above all else. You dun get "Error code 34455666" on a MAC. It simply tells you what is wrong.

Who the hell knows what does "Error Code 34455666" means?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    I heard someone using a PC laptop installed with MacOS. Really no joke man!
    Then Mac won't be special anymore rite?
    That is the current "secret" project happening in India... and soon enough, the Mac OS will be made available to PC users... they are working on it now and looking at that feasibility to make money for Apple. Thing is, they are weighing the "loss" they will make from hardware sales going down after opening up OS X to the PC world.
    Last edited by microcosm; 27th October 2006 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning View Post
    MAC is using an UNIX base...the special thing is just cosmatic. Many other OS are coming close to it already. Soon we will not see any diff between MAC / Unix / Microsoft OS.
    I don't think so... multi tasking capabilities on the Mac OS X outperforms the competition at the moment and will carry on to be so... unless Microsoft does something dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by maddog View Post
    hate the mac cos its not net friendly. and it's sluggish.
    Really? Which version of OS X and hardware were you trying it on? I am curious...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast