Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Wine and an Onion

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Wine and an Onion

    Just to share 3 simple shots from today.

    1.


    2.


    3.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Wine and an Onion

    Just realised, that isnt an onion, haha, my bad!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Wine and an Onion

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Just realised, that isnt an onion, haha, my bad!

    idea, but pic seem soft.

    What f are you using?
    For me I have the weakness to get low to my f1.8 (my cheap prime) whenever
    I use this for product shot. Used wrongly, everything is thrown into blurness,
    and only small section is sharp.

    (eg. your wine glass, the round stand, does not seem sharp.)

    Is that a garlic? haha.. that is good one.
    Canon EOS 50D 24-105mm f4 L IS 70-200mm f/4 IS L 50mm f/1.8

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Wine and an Onion

    Quote Originally Posted by bwilly View Post
    idea, but pic seem soft.

    What f are you using?
    For me I have the weakness to get low to my f1.8 (my cheap prime) whenever
    I use this for product shot. Used wrongly, everything is thrown into blurness,
    and only small section is sharp.

    (eg. your wine glass, the round stand, does not seem sharp.)

    Is that a garlic? haha.. that is good one.
    Looks fine on my screen sharpness wise, shot at f/11, the stand is a bit soft, but focus was on the rim, which is what I wanted.

    Yup, its garlic! Not an Onion.

    Thanks

  5. #5

    Default Re: Wine and an Onion

    hehe...

    ok..

    why u dun show ppl wat wine u r drinking?

    These shots are idea shots.
    Canon EOS 50D 24-105mm f4 L IS 70-200mm f/4 IS L 50mm f/1.8

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Wine and an Onion

    Quote Originally Posted by bwilly View Post
    hehe...

    ok..

    why u dun show ppl wat wine u r drinking?

    These shots are idea shots.
    Because its not wine. Just a wine bottle and water!

  7. #7
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Wine and an Onion

    the wine shots,
    ~ angle to high, go lower angle
    ~ bottle and wine glass are distorted, use longer focal length lens or go lower angle
    ~ should show the bottle label
    ~ the horizon is tilted, either you tilt more or make it level
    ~ can't see the color of the wine, add a white card behind the wine glass (hint: cut into shape)
    ~ the highlight on the bottle should show from top to bottom, (hint: get a huge softbox and reflector)
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Wine and an Onion

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    the wine shots,
    ~ angle to high, go lower angle
    ~ bottle and wine glass are distorted, use longer focal length lens or go lower angle
    ~ should show the bottle label
    ~ the horizon is tilted, either you tilt more or make it level
    ~ can't see the color of the wine, add a white card behind the wine glass (hint: cut into shape)
    ~ the highlight on the bottle should show from top to bottom, (hint: get a huge softbox and reflector)
    Thanks alot catchlights.

    I was just using natural light this time, i dont have studio equipment at my disposal.

    Adding a white card behind the wine glass, in that shape? Will that not show through?

    Ill give it another go this evening implementing the comments you have said.

    Thanks again

  9. #9
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Wine and an Onion

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Thanks alot catchlights.

    I was just using natural light this time, i dont have studio equipment at my disposal.

    Adding a white card behind the wine glass, in that shape? Will that not show through?

    Ill give it another go this evening implementing the comments you have said.

    Thanks again
    yes, just cut the card in the shape of the wine in the glass, from the camera angle.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Wine and an Onion

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    yes, just cut the card in the shape of the wine in the glass, from the camera angle.
    Ok, will give it a try. Thanks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •