Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tour Advice

Default Re: Tour Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Tipha View Post
    Thanks for the detailed information.
    The best thing to do is to either :

• Get all the relevant information directly from your travel agent.
    • Look up the airlines that you are flying on and check their baggage policies. I only fly with airlines who allows musical instruments and cameras to be brought on board as cabin luggage regardless of size. Cathay Pacific, Dragonair, China Airlines, are those that allows this in Asian flights.

Make sure you check before hand. Getting a nasty surprise on the day of the trip and having no back up plan and forced to check in your camera bag will definitely spoil your holiday... especially when the camera is damaged along the way.

Enjoy your trip. Have a safe and wonderful journey. (am I sounding like a travel agent now? )

Quote Originally Posted by microcosm View Post

• Look up the airlines that you are flying on and check their baggage policies. I only fly with airlines who allows musical instruments and cameras to be brought on board as cabin luggage regardless of size. Cathay Pacific, Dragonair, China Airlines, are those that allows this in Asian flights.

Make sure you check before hand. Getting a nasty surprise on the day of the trip and having no back up plan and forced to check in your camera bag will definitely spoil your holiday... especially when the camera is damaged along the way.

Enjoy your trip. Have a safe and wonderful journey. (am I sounding like a travel agent now? )
    Thanks for the advises and u do sound like one.

I'm going on a Europe trip with my wife. I'll be using a Lumix fx50.

How many batteries did you brought along with you? My past experience with cold countries is that the batteries go dead very fast due to the cold. Any advice? I have 1 spare battery, now. Planning on getting another spare.

And, how many SD cards did you used? I'm not bringing my laptop. I'm planning to bring 2 or 3 1GD SD cards. Wonder if it's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by microcosm View Post

What about tripods? Are we allowed to carry our tripods on board as hand luggage?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12