Thread: lens problem

Default lens problem

hi i found 2 small dots in the back of my lens, they are not fungus but just small dots, sometimes my photo will have 2 black dots when i zoom into the photo, what are they is there a way to remove them? this lens is still under warranty and only a mth old.

anybody can help me on this? are they dust?
    Last edited by solin; 21st October 2006 at 09:40 PM.

Default Re: lens problem

Quote Originally Posted by solin View Post
    hi i found 2 small dots in the back of my lens, they are not fungus but just small dots, sometimes my photo will have 2 black dots when i zoom into the photo, what are they is there a way to remove them? this lens is still under warranty and only a mth old.

anybody can help me on this? are they dust?
    Firstly, what camera and lens are u using? We don't know, so how to expect to give advice. Secondly, do you clean the lens and camera regularly?

I can only hazard a guess from yor short description that those dots are dust indeed. just look at your lens front & rear part carefully. If you see anything on it, then just clean them with a lens tissue or microfiber cloth. A little cleaning solutions helps too. IIs your camera a DSLR? Then the dots could also be on your body, but clean your lense first to see if the dusts ar gone. Mostly should be on the lens.
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams