Thread: lens stacking for macro..

Default lens stacking for macro..

hi, any users on a lens stacking set up?

currently i'm going to try a Canon USM 28-105 f3.5-4.5 with a Canon 50mm f1.8 MK II stacked on to it.

i tried playing around with it without a coupling ring (ordered it already but just not here yet) and i found that the focusing distance is rather close...

is there a way to get around it? i mean getting close to the subject probably means my back element will get easily stained or scratched.

will adding an extension tube help?

Default Re: lens stacking for macro..

Quote Originally Posted by antitrust View Post
    hi, any users on a lens stacking set up?

currently i'm going to try a Canon USM 28-105 f3.5-4.5 with a Canon 50mm f1.8 MK II stacked on to it.

i tried playing around with it without a coupling ring (ordered it already but just not here yet) and i found that the focusing distance is rather close...

is there a way to get around it? i mean getting close to the subject probably means my back element will get easily stained or scratched.

will adding an extension tube help?
    Reverse 50mm will act like close up filter +20.

Close up filter and extension tube will decrease working distance (subject to front of lens distance).

There is a thing like lens' rear cap with a filter on it to avoid rear element get scratched.

Regards,
    Arto.