Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 168

Thread: The CS Bowlers thread

  1. #21

    Default Re: The CS Bowlers thread

    1. Denosha (Star Bowl - HomeTeamNS @ Bukit Batok, RH Hook)
    2. ToGu (Star Bowl - HomeTeamNS @ Bukit Batok, HF Spin)
    3. frostyIntrepid (Cathay Bowl @ SAFRA Yishun, RH Hook)
    4. Zaren (SICC - 13 wonders, Straight ball!)
    5. synapseman (still searching for home ground, RH Hook, Cuda 2000, Blue Dot.)
    6. Bluestrike (Mt Faber SAFRA, spin)
    7. Kegler (a few places, RH Hook)
    8. Goondoo (home ground became K-box, occasionally played in Cathay Bowl @ SAFRA Yishun when friends are free, RH Hook)
    9. Sharpion (Changi Beach Club @ RH Hook)
    10.Saratok (Any places also can bowl)
    11. tltan (Safra Yishun or Grassroot Club YCK, RH hook?trying lah, plastic ball somemore. haha)

  2. #22

    Default Re: The CS Bowlers thread

    Lets go victors... most of the time victors are empty.... less those days with tournaments

  3. #23

    Default Re: The CS Bowlers thread

    Victors can be quite crowded on sunday afternoons (not sure about sat tho). But I dun like their lanes. For one the approach is waaay too slippery. Their machines look like they are from the 60s or 70s and some of them seem to do damage. I tested my freshly drilled ball on their lanes and in only 4-5 games I got 3-4 chipped off bits on my brand new ball. This doesn't happen at other lanes (at least not that often). Best part is I complain to the people at the counter they say can only change my lane and see if it's better. They won't be able to track what's wrong with their machines... ... *sigh*

  4. #24

    Default Re: The CS Bowlers thread

    hey guys, here is my ball - Ebonite Savage


  5. #25

    Default Re: The CS Bowlers thread

    Mmm.. Ebonite. My first 2 balls were Ebonite. Then I stopped supporting them when I realised their balls seem to die faster (as in lose reaction). My Apex Aggression used to eat the lanes until about 1.5-2 yrs down the road the reaction starting getting worse and worse until it basically almost became like a spare ball. Even Ebonite's "Powerhouse™ Hook Again Treatment" couldn't save it. My bro's Storm ball on the other hand has been hooking for like 4 yrs+ and still going.

  6. #26

    Default Re: The CS Bowlers thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Denosha View Post
    Mmm.. Ebonite. My first 2 balls were Ebonite. Then I stopped supporting them when I realised their balls seem to die faster (as in lose reaction). My Apex Aggression used to eat the lanes until about 1.5-2 yrs down the road the reaction starting getting worse and worse until it basically almost became like a spare ball. Even Ebonite's "Powerhouse™ Hook Again Treatment" couldn't save it. My bro's Storm ball on the other hand has been hooking for like 4 yrs+ and still going.
    im always a fan of storm and brunswick... my storm thunder road and brunswick Command arc zone still hitting well after 8yrs... hehe

  7. #27

    Default Re: The CS Bowlers thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kegler View Post
    im always a fan of storm and brunswick... my storm thunder road and brunswick Command arc zone still hitting well after 8yrs... hehe
    i have to agree, i also had a storm ball before and they are really good but since it was old i bought this ebonite. However i feel its losing its power liao after abt 2 yrs - my next ball will almost defn be a storm - other ppl i know have been saying good things abt storm too

  8. #28

    Default Re: The CS Bowlers thread

    I'm now a converted Brunswick fan (although I think their ball graphics need help). Tried Hammer (The Deal) but that one really sucked. It promised an aggressive hook out of the box but it couldn't deliver. Even sanding it down doesn't give it the crazy power of the Brunswick Strike Zone (which uses the Ultimate Inferno coverstock but has a Asymmetrical core instead). I think my next ball with be an Inferno liao.

    I like the Storm smells though. Hur hur.

  9. #29

    Default Re: The CS Bowlers thread

    Every ball is a good ball... drilling, lane condition and e way the bowler bowl affects it greatly

    Cheers!

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Away From Keyboard
    Posts
    1,176

    Default Re: The CS Bowlers thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kegler View Post
    Every ball is a good ball... drilling, lane condition and e way the bowler bowl affects it greatly

    Cheers!
    It bottoms down with bowlers.
    I bought a few balls until I accept that cruel fact.

  11. #31

    Default Re: The CS Bowlers thread

    My $0.02 is that it's probably 10% the drilling layout, 30% the ball, how well it matches up to the bowlers style (axis of rotation, ball speed, revs, etc) and the lane conditions and 100% the bowler ('cos if he keeps throwing the ball into the gutter it doesn't matter what ball he's using). Oops, that's 140%. Hur hur.

  12. #32

    Default Re: The CS Bowlers thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Denosha View Post
    My $0.02 is that it's probably 10% the drilling layout, 30% the ball, how well it matches up to the bowlers style (axis of rotation, ball speed, revs, etc) and the lane conditions and 100% the bowler ('cos if he keeps throwing the ball into the gutter it doesn't matter what ball he's using). Oops, that's 140%. Hur hur.
    some percentage must go to the lanes. a lot of difference between oily and dry lane especially to my miserly plastic ball. haha. it tells me that it likes dry lane.

  13. #33

    Default Re: The CS Bowlers thread

    so how this sunday anyone wanna bowl? victors superbowl 2.80/game on sunday ...hehe

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    42

    Default Re: The CS Bowlers thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kegler View Post
    so how this sunday anyone wanna bowl? victors superbowl 2.80/game on sunday ...hehe
    Bring our camera together than we can take some action shoot.....!

  15. #35

    Default Re: The CS Bowlers thread

    Quote Originally Posted by saratok View Post
    Bring our camera together than we can take some action shoot.....!
    i once took some vids of my bowling for one of my school projects... hehe... its was quite fun...

  16. #36

    Default Re: The CS Bowlers thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tltan View Post
    some percentage must go to the lanes. a lot of difference between oily and dry lane especially to my miserly plastic ball. haha. it tells me that it likes dry lane.
    Yeah, it does that's why I mentioned the ball matching up to the lane condition in the 30%. Hur hur. Using a heavy oil ball on a dry lane is a recipe for disaster as well.

  17. #37

    Default Re: The CS Bowlers thread

    so when the 'date'?
    hehhee....

  18. #38

    Default Re: The CS Bowlers thread

    A clip made by me for a school project few yrs back ...heehee... maybe we can gather for a session and who wanna sponser a camera... heehee...

  19. #39

    Default Re: The CS Bowlers thread

    Wah! Pro! Hee hee. Nice to see someone else who isn't afraid to move left and play the outside boards.

  20. #40

    Default Re: The CS Bowlers thread

    Waoh. I like to see this kinda hook. =) Right to the corner and back. I cant do it

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •