Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 10151819202122253045 ... LastLast

Thread: Gather young and newbie

Default Re: Gather young and newbie

heys. goin 20 next year, a total newbie. goin to get a DSLR, but still saving up. can i join too? will keep ya with the threat. will join ya outings when i get my DLSR coz my current PnS is really CMI

Quote Originally Posted by compro_1975 View Post
    can i join also? after sitex this year, i started meeting some CSers. i only 16, i think is the youngest of the youngest. tell me when u all hav outing, wanna learn
    no worries.. we'll post our outing on this thread once we're organising an outing. hmmm... 16years old, think tamiya also same age as you, not to mention he got the best lens within our group. Haha..

to kynoe: how about a night photography? anyone interested?

Quote Originally Posted by kennykhek View Post
    heys. goin 20 next year, a total newbie. goin to get a DSLR, but still saving up. can i join too? will keep ya with the threat. will join ya outings when i get my DLSR coz my current PnS is really CMI
    Hihi!! welcome to this thread. i've started using my sony pns also, and sometimes it can gives better picture than my dslr. haha.. it's really the user. What system you're interested in? maybe we can organise a few ppl to go down with you when you wanna buy your dslr. haha.. can perhaps buy some stuff for our own uses too.

Quote Originally Posted by with_brokenwings View Post
    hey bahibo.. i agree with androo.. just chill and move on.. it was one huge mother of all misunderstandings. anws, i cant make 17th kynoe. goin bali for vacation! hope to get some good shots and post on my flickr.. then maybe you guys can go see see.
    wah! i also wanna go, this whole year didnt manage to go overseas, except for overseas training. bali is a nice place with nice ppl, nice sunset and nice scenery. Haha.. enjoy your holidays there!

about tamiya's lens, i used it once and im bloody jealous. haha :P anws, thx androo. i'll try to enjoy myself. got lots to do and so little time! stressful sia. haha!

night photography sounds fun too. havn't done it.. would like to try.

Hey.. i'm new too..
    hahaha..i'm 17...

about tamiya's lens, i used it once and im bloody jealous. haha :P anws, thx androo. i'll try to enjoy myself. got lots to do and so little time! stressful sia. haha!

night photography sounds fun too. havn't done it.. would like to try.
    cant use tamiya lens one.. will get into the BBB mood. thou i just spend on a 7million dollar home. Hee.. but his lens is equal 20 pieces of 7million dollar home.

Night photography can play around with the shutter speed and stuff, think it's more fun cause of the low light, and since it's mounted on tripod, can use iso100, so can say byebye to noise! haha..

Deregistered

I am a newbie but not young at age... (35) can i join?

Quote Originally Posted by hortwizer View Post
    Hey.. i'm new too..
    hahaha..i'm 17...
    Quote Originally Posted by excelglsi View Post
    I am a newbie but not young at age... (35) can i join?

arlO!!! welcome guys!

by the way, hope the next outing is near and think the outing should have smaller group size if we're moving around, or slightly bigger group if we're only going to a few nearby locations.

Quote Originally Posted by andrOo View Post
    arlO!!! welcome guys!

by the way, hope the next outing is near and think the outing should have smaller group size if we're moving around, or slightly bigger group if we're only going to a few nearby locations.
    you know what would be fun? everyone on this thread going out! logistics would be a terror but wayy fun. haha.

anws, u got a 7 million dolllar home? then no more nikon bag eh.. lol. working now.. trying to earn enough for a 70-200 F4 L.. trying really really hard. heh.

Hihi!! welcome to this thread. i've started using my sony pns also, and sometimes it can gives better picture than my dslr. haha.. it's really the user. What system you're interested in? maybe we can organise a few ppl to go down with you when you wanna buy your dslr. haha.. can perhaps buy some stuff for our own uses too.
    heys! haha.. so glad you welcome me. been to other threads on other webby and they are all dated back to like 2-4years back when they start gathering people. it seems so hard to like be one of them. lucky i came by this new 'gather newbie', or else.. haha.. i dun know what will happen to me.

wells, i'm interested in either Nikon D80/70S canon30D/400D. any advice? wells, still depending on how much i can save up within these few months. also still scouting for price... hope it will drop next year.

do any of ya know where is the MS colour at AMK? i still trying to find the shop...

you know what would be fun? everyone on this thread going out! logistics would be a terror but wayy fun. haha.

anws, u got a 7 million dolllar home? then no more nikon bag eh.. lol. working now.. trying to earn enough for a 70-200 F4 L.. trying really really hard. heh.
    haha.. yup, selling my nikon bag away tmr. hopes the deal goes thru well. hmm.. think if we want the outing for everyone can be done, wait a more while when everyones get to know each other more thru outings then we can have a big big gathering, or even dinner at some place.

70-200 F4L ?? Hmm.. after several week, find that rarely use that focal range, planning to get a 28-135 IS or the sigma 24-70mm f/2.8, around 3/5 of the 70-200 F4L. Hee...
    Last edited by andrOo; 1st December 2006 at 10:52 PM.

im using canon so CANON! heh. anws, i dont know much about the nikon systems but regarding canon, i'd say go for the 30D. plus, some might find the 400D too small for comfort, while the 30D's a decent size. like me, my hands kinda big so using the 350d/400d abit weird..

anws, the 75-300 lens im using now.. i always use the whole range.. so the 70-200 would be good..
    Last edited by with_brokenwings; 1st December 2006 at 10:53 PM.

heys! haha.. so glad you welcome me. been to other threads on other webby and they are all dated back to like 2-4years back when they start gathering people. it seems so hard to like be one of them. lucky i came by this new 'gather newbie', or else.. haha.. i dun know what will happen to me.

wells, i'm interested in either Nikon D80/70S canon30D/400D. any advice? wells, still depending on how much i can save up within these few months. also still scouting for price... hope it will drop next year.

do any of ya know where is the MS colour at AMK? i still trying to find the shop...
    Hmmm.. think it'll be better to save up as much as you could first then go and look at what camera you want, last time i use to go try this and that, ended up when i have the money to buy le then got new model out in the market so got to repeat all the procedure such as checking how's the grip, specs, and stuff.. but you can decide what system you wanna go into, cause going into photography requires alot of time and money therefore it's very costly to change into another system when you realise you prefer the other one..

Or you can take a look at the BnS market here, a 350D wth grip and kit lens is around $1100, compared to several months ago when i purchase the 350D kit at $1599..

Lastly, ms colour is at AMK central. think blk 731 if i'm not wrong..

Hey, do i hear another outing coming up??? Haha, Androo, i finally bought a crumpler 7 mil bag also!!! Black with brown int.... haha... Who wanna buy Dslr??? My recommendations....
    NIKON D80 . Won't go wrong with that cam. Haha... But i'm a canon user with a 400D. Not bad, just that the grip is a bit small, but you'll get used to it and once you attach a good lens, you won't be gripping the cam so much as the center of gravity will shift from the cam to the lens. But then, BUY THE D80! You won't regret.

haha.. yeah.. i still saving up and undecided on the body.. its the system that i'm undecided actually.. ssigh.. everyone says that their system is almost the same, just that for the something they call it differently. hm.. then which is more economic in the long run?

something that bother me. with a focus length of 100/200/300mm is like how many times optical zoom on PnS?

haha.. yeah.. i still saving up and undecided on the body.. its the system that i'm undecided actually.. ssigh.. everyone says that their system is almost the same, just that for the something they call it differently. hm.. then which is more economic in the long run?

something that bother me. with a focus length of 100/200/300mm is like how many times optical zoom on PnS?
    D80 really has very good grip, very firm and heavy also.. Hee.. but it's a camera you'll enjoy holding on one. As for system, nikon has DX lens, canon has L lens, which belongs to the upper class cause of it's price. most impt is you're understanding where you're going into from photography..

IIRC focal length is taking the bigger number divide by the smaller number, eg: 35mm-300mm = 300/35 = 8.6x zoom

Quote Originally Posted by nkhoo View Post
    Hey, do i hear another outing coming up??? Haha, Androo, i finally bought a crumpler 7 mil bag also!!! Black with brown int.... haha... Who wanna buy Dslr??? My recommendations....
    NIKON D80 . Won't go wrong with that cam. Haha... But i'm a canon user with a 400D. Not bad, just that the grip is a bit small, but you'll get used to it and once you attach a good lens, you won't be gripping the cam so much as the center of gravity will shift from the cam to the lens. But then, BUY THE D80! You won't regret.
    Hehe.. i also bought a black one! Next time better dont take the wrong bag oh. But in the event that happen, i'll stand to gain, of course with your L lens inside.

If have the cash, definitely the D80. But you must understand that body depreciates lot more faster than lens. Lens tend to have a diminishing depreciation. Unfortunately, body's price will drop drastically when new model releases. And its been a trend that a brand will release a couple of body within 1-2 years of shelve life.

Have $$$(around S$5k)
    Latest body+ Good lens (for example Nikon's trinity lens or canon's L lens)

Moderate $$$(around S$1.6k to S$2.2k)
    Latest body+ Kit lens (newbie might stick with kit lens for a few months before deciding on which style of photogrpahy to go into. Its like a benchmark)

Little $$$ (around S$0.8k to $3k) * range depending on type of lens.
    2nd/3rd hand (Yesteryears Body + Good lens/Kit lens) (This is quite subjective as not many people would love to hold on to a seasoned product. Plus, a need to overcome the psychological barrier of holding onto old technology.)

Hope it helps to give you the budget you need.

Hehe.. i also bought a black one! Next time better dont take the wrong bag oh. But in the event that happen, i'll stand to gain, of course with your L lens inside.
    Haha, right... But you're lucky cos you bought it almost new and $54 CHEAPER..... hai..... Your's is also black with brown int???