Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9141718192021242944 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 1063

Thread: Gather young and newbie

  1. #361

    Default Re: Gather young and newbie

    hi... i am new here... can i join you guys for shooting when there is an outing...

  2. #362

    Default Re: Gather young and newbie

    welcome to join hpsquare.

    To everyone : These day look like everybody got busy with study,i also got exam next week. If u got look at our gallery thread created by Kynoe, it was closed and moved. I appologies ,it was partly my fault that someone ( forget his name ) closed Kynoe's thread .

    My fault was my hot temper. I appologies to Elkin, i hold a wrong negative feeling about you and didn't understand that u was trying to help.
    Last edited by bahibo; 29th November 2006 at 10:54 PM.

  3. #363
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Gather young and newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by bahibo View Post
    welcome to join hpsquare.

    To everyone : These day look like everybody got busy with study,i also got exam next week. If u got look at our gallery thread created by Kynoe, it was closed and moved. I appologies ,it was partly my fault that someone ( forget his name ) closed Kynoe's thread .

    My fault was my hot temper. I appologies to Elkin, i hold a wrong negative feeling about you and didn't understand that u was trying to help. But i would prefer that next time u talk with a less "i'm more superiour" voice and don't judge people so fast and hold on to that idea , you was wrong when saying us shy and trying to make our own gallery.

    Anyway it wasn't a nice way to create a thread that require us to post photo every week or everyday but none post photo so far. So let's look for other ways.
    thank you for taking time to understand as well.

    i don't know where you got the 'i am more superior' idea from.

    my reply #1:
    _________________________
    hi there, i think it's a good initiation we have here, but it seems that it's going to get rather disorganised. i believe this is targeting at members who do not feel confident enough to post in the main galleries?

    here's a suggestion, pictures for critique or sharing can still be posted in other galleries, but to encourage frequent practise among newbies how about we have something like 'Newbie Pictures for the Day' where participating members contribute 1 picture a day?
    _________________________

    i mention 'we' when i talk about the initiation, which means everyone is involved here. but with respect to the APAD guidelines, it will upset the basis of the subforum if it's solely concentrated on this one outing.

    when i mention about newbies being not confident, i asked a question. i am not assuming that that is the case. it is rather rare that newbies setup threads solely for newbie's picture posting as, if you noticed, most members, newbies and non newbies alike, had no problem posting inside the galleries.


    my reply #2:
    _________________________
    i think it's best the pictures from the outing be shared within Street and Candid or Landscape then, or both. you can consider putting the name of the outing as the title for the thread(s) so that members will know straight away that the pictures are from the outing. i feel that it may not be that appropriate to have the outing pictures gathered here unless they are postings made periodically to go inline with the idea of 'A Picture A Day' or 'Some Pictures a Week'
    _________________________

    i don't know why you need to bold the newbies not being confident in your reply. i asked if that is the case, and it seems to me from kynoe's replies that there is such a tendency. all the while kynoe intended a thread for newbies to post pictures, i had explained why that is strange.

    i continue to reiterate that you can still start a thread in APAD section based on periodic posting. and it seems that it's been ignored!


    i craft my words in direct response to what needs to be addressed, but more than often alot of people read what they prefer to read and ignore the entire context. please read carefully before jumping to conclusion. enough said.
    Last edited by eikin; 29th November 2006 at 11:03 PM.

  4. #364
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Gather young and newbie

    my reply #3:

    _________________________
    what are you disagreeing about?

    to keep to the spirit of 'A Photo A Day' it's best that threads within this section are kept to those for periodic posting. please read this subforum's guidelines for more information.

    pictures from outing can always be shared in any of the other galleries (appropriate to the theme)

    are you requesting for a newbies only picture thread? seriously, unlike some other photography forums, i hardly experienced any separation between newbie, amateur and working photographers in CS. it's all in the mind, just be open about it, no need to have a thread screaming out to everyone that posters are all newbies, you know?

    bahibo says that the aim is to have a thread for participants of that particular outing to share the pictures for learning. and now you say that the aim is to have a newbie thread. please get yourselves organised yah?
    _________________________

    i am sure you picked up my frustration here. after trying to explain 2 times, the points still get ignored when they are clearly written.

    when i was a newbie in this forum, i organised events too. i can also feel for what you all are trying to achieve. if there are doubtful points, please ask around for opinions, and not persistently ignore what has been explained.

  5. #365
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Gather young and newbie

    notwithstanding all that's said, everyone's still welcomed to initiate threads in the APAD section as long as periodic posting is intended. yes there are members who are not able to keep to the 1 picture per day guideline, but they had the intention to do so, and we do not interfere the threads so that they are encouraged to continue even if they need to take a break.

    end of the day, the idea of APAD is to encourage members to start a habit of practising photography as often as they can afford to, thus the periodic element is important. one time postings of outing pictures are encouraged to be made in the other respective galleries. let's help CS function effectively shall we?

  6. #366

    Default Re: Gather young and newbie

    Hi,

    Juz offering a suggestion.

    You guys can try posting in Kopitiam sub-forum. A few gatherings have ended there chit-chatting there and remain in close contact even after the event ended. Sharing photos within your group there shouldn't be against the forum rules.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  7. #367

    Default Re: Gather young and newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    notwithstanding all that's said, everyone's still welcomed to initiate threads in the APAD section as long as periodic posting is intended. yes there are members who are not able to keep to the 1 picture per day guideline, but they had the intention to do so, and we do not interfere the threads so that they are encouraged to continue even if they need to take a break.

    end of the day, the idea of APAD is to encourage members to start a habit of practising photography as often as they can afford to, thus the periodic element is important. one time postings of outing pictures are encouraged to be made in the other respective galleries. let's help CS function effectively shall we?
    I guess enuf has been said. I'll post my pics in blog just as sharing with my friends, and welcome them to comment. It's something so trival blown up. Forget the thread and let's get on to planning our next outing.

    Anyway, I guess from Eikin's autmn pictures, he's not a newbie.

  8. #368

    Default Re: Gather young and newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    Hi,

    Juz offering a suggestion.

    You guys can try posting in Kopitiam sub-forum. A few gatherings have ended there chit-chatting there and remain in close contact even after the event ended. Sharing photos within your group there shouldn't be against the forum rules.
    Personally I would now prefer to post them in my pbase and multiply.

    Thanks for the suggestion though.

  9. #369

    Default Re: Gather young and newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by bahibo View Post
    welcome to join hpsquare.

    To everyone : These day look like everybody got busy with study,i also got exam next week. If u got look at our gallery thread created by Kynoe, it was closed and moved. I appologies ,it was partly my fault that someone ( forget his name ) closed Kynoe's thread .

    My fault was my hot temper. I appologies to Elkin, i hold a wrong negative feeling about you and didn't understand that u was trying to help.
    I guess it wasn't any fault of yours. everyone had a good intention to start with, just that this thread didn't work out.

    Hope to see you at the next meeting soon.

    Cheers!

  10. #370

    Default Re: Gather young and newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by kynoe View Post
    Personally I would now prefer to post them in my pbase and multiply.

    Thanks for the suggestion though.
    wat I meant was an alternative sub-forum for you guys to start a thread to share your pics with this group instead of APAD subforum.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  11. #371

    Default Re: Gather young and newbie

    to Elkin :
    From some pm of people in the forum, there is a mix feeling about u in the forum . Well, i read your posts around the forum and don't feel like you are a bad guys. I have good intention but every places have its own rules. I break the rules and anger the sub-admin or mod , i appologize for that, i know even if i have good intention or not rules is rules and since u are the mod, u have the authority to del thread of people who cross the rules.

    Well,i also take one more step back and say sorry that i didn't understand that u are trying to help , and i step on your helping intention by saying that u should go away,well, my fault.

    But i will tell u reason why i behave like that since u start the thread on my behaviour. I think u also want to know right ? Reason is simple that i'm very angry with you.

    Why ? What i'm gonna said is not criticizing you but more like an advise or suggestion, ignore it if you want.

    Firstly,you step in the thread and accused so fast that we are shy. Well,you said that it is a question ,did you really mean that since your later post make me feel that you think me or us want to seperate with the pro like u and normal photographer,i'm refering to your last post.
    If you didn't have the intention to accuse me, then please ignore my saying above as it hold no ground or proof.

    You was once a kid and you was once a newbie, so i know u have some understanding about how i feel but it does look like in your kopitiam post that i'm just a spoil kid that don't know how to behave. No objection that i'm still a kid,i'm fine with that. My behaviour,i let u do the judging. But i have to suggest u some things. Do check your words, words have power and even u have good attention , it is your words that give the feeling to people.

    And one more. I know u pass the state newbie long ago, and u pass the kid stage about 10 years ago when u are 16. Unconsciously or consciously , people who have more experience or have pass some stage will act as they are more superiour. Look at how u look at a kid or how u comment about the behaviour of kids in modern day or about your younger brothers when you younger brother do anything wrong. It's just the way some people,i mean a lot ,live. So i can't really said that u are wrong. People who is stronger have the right to look down on the weak, rule of nature. But things got more complicated here, you,yourself , do you feel you have the right ? How you know that you are stronger ? The way u talk, i feel like i'm being look down on and that get on my nerve.
    Ofcourse ,when look at your words objectively it just words,but god said that thy shall not judge right ? Next time put on the shoes of the kid and know why they roll into the mud.
    And if u said i hold no ground, i received some pms that you are a self righteous person , well ,i can't really tell u their names since they don't want trouble with people have authority in the forum.
    I'm not criticizing u either, just a suggestion that sometimes bend yourself down abit , the angle different,u see things different,u know that as a photographer right ?


    This post i will delete after a few days to let you read.

  12. #372

    Default Re: Gather young and newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by hpsquare View Post
    hi... i am new here... can i join you guys for shooting when there is an outing...
    hi hpsquare... welcome

  13. #373
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    senGkanG
    Posts
    480

    Default Re: Gather young and newbie

    guys, this is just a case of misunderstanding and miscommunication between the ppl involve and words used. So lets just move on and continue our outing, If not, this thread will defeats it's purpose.

  14. #374
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Gather young and newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by bahibo View Post
    to Elkin :
    From some pm of people in the forum, there is a mix feeling about u in the forum . Well, i read your posts around the forum and don't feel like you are a bad guys. I have good intention but every places have its own rules. I break the rules and anger the sub-admin or mod , i appologize for that, i know even if i have good intention or not rules is rules and since u are the mod, u have the authority to del thread of people who cross the rules.

    Well,i also take one more step back and say sorry that i didn't understand that u are trying to help , and i step on your helping intention by saying that u should go away,well, my fault.

    But i will tell u reason why i behave like that since u start the thread on my behaviour. I think u also want to know right ? Reason is simple that i'm very angry with you.

    Why ? What i'm gonna said is not criticizing you but more like an advise or suggestion, ignore it if you want.

    Firstly,you step in the thread and accused so fast that we are shy. Well,you said that it is a question ,did you really mean that since your later post make me feel that you think me or us want to seperate with the pro like u and normal photographer,i'm refering to your last post.
    If you didn't have the intention to accuse me, then please ignore my saying above as it hold no ground or proof.

    You was once a kid and you was once a newbie, so i know u have some understanding about how i feel but it does look like in your kopitiam post that i'm just a spoil kid that don't know how to behave. No objection that i'm still a kid,i'm fine with that. My behaviour,i let u do the judging. But i have to suggest u some things. Do check your words, words have power and even u have good attention , it is your words that give the feeling to people.

    And one more. I know u pass the state newbie long ago, and u pass the kid stage about 10 years ago when u are 16. Unconsciously or consciously , people who have more experience or have pass some stage will act as they are more superiour. Look at how u look at a kid or how u comment about the behaviour of kids in modern day or about your younger brothers when you younger brother do anything wrong. It's just the way some people,i mean a lot ,live. So i can't really said that u are wrong. People who is stronger have the right to look down on the weak, rule of nature. But things got more complicated here, you,yourself , do you feel you have the right ? How you know that you are stronger ? The way u talk, i feel like i'm being look down on and that get on my nerve.
    Ofcourse ,when look at your words objectively it just words,but god said that thy shall not judge right ? Next time put on the shoes of the kid and know why they roll into the mud.
    And if u said i hold no ground, i received some pms that you are a self righteous person , well ,i can't really tell u their names since they don't want trouble with people have authority in the forum.
    I'm not criticizing u either, just a suggestion that sometimes bend yourself down abit , the angle different,u see things different,u know that as a photographer right ?


    This post i will delete after a few days to let you read.
    thank you for taking so much time to write this.

    i'm totally fine with people not liking what i do, i am not here to please the whole world. to those who like to pick my words out of context, i do not have much patience nor respect for them. those who know me well enough know that i don't like to beat about the bush nor sugar coat my words.

    and there's no need to delete this message.

  15. #375

    Default Re: Gather young and newbie

    up to you. I withdraw from the discussion.

  16. #376

    Default Re: Gather young and newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by bahibo View Post
    up to you. I withdraw from the discussion.
    Hi Bahibo, let him rest. This guy got superb ego problem.

    yucks

  17. #377

    Default Re: Gather young and newbie


    Quote Originally Posted by andrOo View Post
    guys, this is just a case of misunderstanding and miscommunication between the ppl involve and words used. So lets just move on and continue our outing, If not, this thread will defeats it's purpose.
    yeah, in case this threads gets deleted also...

    Shall we meet our 3rd outing on on 17th Dec afternoon?

    Because I'm having my mba exams in the morning, can go home grab my cam and go. For the time being, I'll have to concentrate on mugging.

  18. #378

    Default Re: Gather young and newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by andrOo View Post
    guys, this is just a case of misunderstanding and miscommunication between the ppl involve and words used. So lets just move on and continue our outing, If not, this thread will defeats it's purpose.
    hey bahibo.. i agree with androo.. just chill and move on.. it was one huge mother of all misunderstandings. anws, i cant make 17th kynoe. goin bali for vacation! hope to get some good shots and post on my flickr.. then maybe you guys can go see see.

  19. #379

    Default Re: Gather young and newbie

    After we finish the exam, let re organize the thread, make it shorter, may be delete some post to make it shorter.
    About the discussion ,let's stop it here.
    Kynoe,i also can't join the next outing, got exam then later go oversea for some weeks, come back in jan i think.

  20. #380

    Default Re: Gather young and newbie

    can i join also? after sitex this year, i started meeting some CSers. i only 16, i think is the youngest of the youngest. tell me when u all hav outing, wanna learn

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •