Thread: Need help: Transportation of Tripodhead & Tripod

Question Need help: Transportation of Tripodhead & Tripod

I'm still very new to using a tripodhead with a tripod. I recently purchased a Benro Tripod with Tripodhead. How do you guys carry the tripodhead and tripod? Do you mount the tripod head with the tripod and leave it until you need it or do you keep both units seperate until needed? Do you carry the tripod with the tripodhead already attached or install the tripod head on-site? Thanks.

Cheers

Kelvin
    EOS 6D|EOS 50D|EOS 350D|EF-S 17-85mm|EF 24-70mm|EF 70-200mm|EF 50mm f/1.8|Sigma 70-300mm

Default Re: Need help: Transportation of Tripodhead & Tripod

All up to you....

Your choice, esp if you are travelling over a distance and you may wish to lighten the load of your hands by keeping the parts separate (i.e. keeping the tripod head in your backpack) and the tripod in your hands.

Else in my case, I prefer to keep all the parts together. Tripod + head even during transportation.... or monopod and head.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    All up to you....

Your choice, esp if you are travelling over a distance and you may wish to lighten the load of your hands by keeping the parts separate (i.e. keeping the tripod head in your backpack) and the tripod in your hands.

Else in my case, I prefer to keep all the parts together. Tripod + head even during transportation.... or monopod and head.
    Thanks for the advice bro. I was more concern about damage to the tripodhead during transportation (especially when going out on a shoot). But at the same time, I was worried of damage to the screw threads if I assemble and disassemble it. Juz my paranoid self I guess .

Cheers

Kelvin
    EOS 6D|EOS 50D|EOS 350D|EF-S 17-85mm|EF 24-70mm|EF 70-200mm|EF 50mm f/1.8|Sigma 70-300mm

Quote Originally Posted by kelvgoh View Post
    Thanks for the advice bro. I was more concern about damage to the tripodhead during transportation (especially when going out on a shoot). But at the same time, I was worried of damage to the screw threads if I assemble and disassemble it. Juz my paranoid self I guess .

Cheers

Kelvin
    Nah... shouldn't damage that easily.. it's metal...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Thanks for the reassurance bro. Still new with the tripodhead thing. I use to take shot either without a tripod or directly mounted onto the tripod. Feel unsure how to handle the thing. ha ha ha.

Cheers

Kelvin