Thread: Need help with taking pictures automatically

Default Need help with taking pictures automatically

Hi everyone,

I'll need to do one of those documentary-types of videos that show accelerated progression of something in a couple of minutes.. like those videos that show accelerated flowers blooming.. clouds zooming across the sky etc.

I'm planning my setup - I think I need a camera on a tripod that can take pictures every half hour. It would be connected to AC, connected to PC also. Everyday I can write a script to move out the pictures from the Flash card into the PC's hdd without physically touching the camera.

I need your advice please, is this the right setup? Is there such a camera or script that can do this? Several years ago I saw someone posted a thread here, saying that they can do it.. he compiled the images into a video, hence showing the accelerated progression. I can't find that thread now.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Town of Queens doing PORT-9YOU

Default Re: Need help with taking pictures automatically

This is called time-lapse photography.

I do know that Nikon D2X/D2Xs has such function, called intervotimer something. One can set the duration and interval of taking photos. And one can connect the camera to a PC for direct downloading of the photos.

Tanjong Katong

Because I am holding Nikon D70s, I can suggest you Nikon System with Nikon Capture software.

The setup will allow you to take picture in interval time, and directly send picture captured to PC (or notebook).

Outside the Dry Box.

any cam with tethering can do it, provided there is software support.

1 sec 25frame/30frames, across approx 1 day/24hour/1440mins...

so approx wan a 1min clip, can try shooting at 1 min interval.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.