Thread: Which PDA?

Question Which PDA?

hey everyone..

i'm thinking of finally upgrading from my Handspring Visor Deluxe (which I had for abt 4-5 yrs) to a new colour screen, faster processor and bigger memory PDA..

are there any good suggestions of a value for money PDA? i'm not a very rich person so price should be kept as low as possible..

one of the consideration is that i might want to carry a mobile photo album of my shots so that i can 'show-off' whenever the need arises..

pls do help..

P/S: i've tried posting this question at spug.net but didn't get many useful responses there..

Budget?

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by ckiang
    Budget?

Regards
    CK
    i juz bot my G3 recently so i do not have that much to spare.. the PDA has to be below $1000 definitely.. preferably lower than $600-$700?

Default Re: Which PDA?

Originally posted by Linkster
    hey everyone..

i'm thinking of finally upgrading from my Handspring Visor Deluxe (which I had for abt 4-5 yrs) to a new colour screen, faster processor and bigger memory PDA..

are there any good suggestions of a value for money PDA? i'm not a very rich person so price should be kept as low as possible..

one of the consideration is that i might want to carry a mobile photo album of my shots so that i can 'show-off' whenever the need arises..

pls do help..

P/S: i've tried posting this question at spug.net but didn't get many useful responses there..
    Go 2nd hand and grab a non X-scale PPC cheaply. Or maybe the Clie

Default Re: Re: Which PDA?

Originally posted by xdivider

Go 2nd hand and grab a non X-scale PPC cheaply. Or maybe the Clie
    which clie? so many to choose from..

Default Re: Re: Re: Which PDA?

Anyone with colour? Ur needs are u want to use as a PDA and display pictures in your albums. If u have a SD/CF camera it makes sense for u to get a PDA with SD or CF slots. Sony users would probably want the clie cos it supports MS. ans Since u r displaying pictures, its best to get one with a bigger screen.

Go for Tungsten T for $699 (Cash) at AAA - Sim Lim Sq. I heard you can even get a extra 32/64SD card with the package.

If you want to pay by installment, its S$708 at Harvey Norman for 12 months interest free CC installment.

Both packages come with a free (useless) Creative MP3 player.

Originally posted by Jason Ho
    Go for Tungsten T for $699 (Cash) at AAA - Sim Lim Sq. I heard you can even get a extra 32/64SD card with the package.

If you want to pay by installment, its S$708 at Harvey Norman for 12 months interest free CC installment.

Both packages come with a free (useless) Creative MP3 player.
    the tungsten t sure looks promising.. wonder if the price would drop further? and for that matter, would there be any chance of newer models in the pipeline? coz i may not be buying a PDA immediately now.. will still wait and see..

Default Re: Re: Re: Which PDA?

for your budget - i would recommend the T665

the tungsten t sure looks promising.. wonder if the price would drop further? and for that matter, would there be any chance of newer models in the pipeline? coz i may not be buying a PDA immediately now.. will still wait and see..
    It has already dropped from $800++ to $699. I don't think it will drop any further.

Linkster, you can find tons of resources at SPUG.net (S'pore Palm User Group) and on Sony Clie at Cliesource.

If you're interested in a second hand unit, i'm sure you will find a lot of great deals at SPUG. Good luck!

Oh... here's another link.

No.. no.. as a member of CS you should take a closer look at Sony Clie NZ90. It comes with a buildin 2mp digicam and a flash!! Only drawback is the form factor. Well... i'll let you decide.

M'sian PDA links-

www.mypdacafe.com (Palm & PPC)
    www.kvpug.org (Klang Valley Palm User Group)

AlfaNutz
    Guests

i juz bot my G3 recently so i do not have that much to spare.. the PDA has to be below $1000 definitely.. preferably lower than $600-$700?
    I think you can get either the Ipaq 1910 or the Asus Mypal, should be $500+. Not too sure whether the 1910 is out in Singapore though.

Me also looking for a PDA soon, I need one that can use a WiFi card, and in that area, I think Palm sucks.

get a hp jornada 568 loh.. price shld be pretty cheap now..

Originally posted by AlfaNutz

I think you can get either the Ipaq 1910 or the Asus Mypal, should be $500+. Not too sure whether the 1910 is out in Singapore though.

Me also looking for a PDA soon, I need one that can use a WiFi card, and in that area, I think Palm sucks.

iPAQ 1915 will be in Sin about April @ US$299