Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheapest 4R Prints

Default Re: Cheapest 4R Prints

Quote Originally Posted by rodel View Post
    I went to a photo lab Tampines MRT, shop says they uses Kodak paper.
    My prints are dull in color (I thought something is wrong is my camera), and the paper is a but thin compared to my other print.

You are correct, soen shops say they use branded products, but end up they uses substitute
    I think it is trial and error.

It is ok here to sticky post those highly recommended photo labs.

Just some comments on places like bugis junction photo finish that uses kodak royal paper.. and to shops that uses kodak..

Never I've been a satisfied customer...

Fuji is always the best.. Green is my colour when i develop photos can be a bit costly as long as it gives good quality.. but for a price of like 30 cents and when u develop more 25 cents is a standard pricing around..

I'll always stick to fuji..

Guess as a consumer or professional, you've have to have a fix and standard place to go until even everyone in the shop knows you.. For my case I've been a loyal customer at D'Classique Colour photo lab.. Near my house walks away.. Gives me good quality and reasonable price.. The developer Gerri, would help to give the best colour from the prints and you can some more request etc. on what you want.. I have also send my freelance wedding photos to her..

Located at Yew Tee mrt the air coffeeshop below..

I not advertising but been happy with this development place and some more walks away from my house...
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by KSeet View Post
    adamphoto ah? okie! thanks will check!
    and u have to dig up such an old thread....
    eat. drink. shoot

anyway, so far the best lab i've been to is KT....cheap and good quality...friendly people there too
    eat. drink. shoot

There's 20 cents 4R prints (for >100 photos) at Clementi, near DBS bank. You can see the shop from the train when it's approaching Clementi station.

If I remember correctly, they are using Konica-Minolta minilabs.

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    anyway, so far the best lab i've been to is KT....cheap and good quality...friendly people there too
    where is KT ah?
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Harvey Norman .... 19 cents on offer .....
    always the Light, .... always.

Last year I was told by a friend who works in Thailand that a B3 color print costs him only S$8/-!

Quote Originally Posted by Adriantanhc View Post
    Last year I was told by a friend who works in Thailand that a B3 color print costs him only S$8/-!
    Inkjet or chemical print?

Quote Originally Posted by rodel View Post
    I went to a photo lab Tampines MRT, shop says they uses Kodak paper.
    My prints came out are dull in color (I thought something is wrong is my camera), and the paper is a bit thin compared to my other prints.

You are correct, some shops say they use branded products, but end up they use substitutes.
    I think it is trial and error.

It is ok here to do sticky post on those highly recommended photo labs.

They don't use substitutes lah. There are so many different type of paper. I used to do printing myself, any paper, even Konica can be good, provided you print properly and use fresh chemicals and use correct development and bleach-fix timing. Many labs use exhausted chemicals, that's why the colours are dull and the prints don't last.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    The Konica shop at the basement of Parkway Parade Shopping Centre. 20c for more than 100 copies.
    the kodak shop is called standard photo. the prints are pretty much quite standard. colours come out ok. theu use standard konica stuff. while as for the one opposite, no1 colour centre gives crap konica crap gives lousy colours. when printing b/w it gives blue prints instead.

correct me if im wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    where is KT ah?
    We're at Blk 531 Upper Cross Street #01-06 Singapore 050531.
    Hong Lim Complex - We're next to UOB. You can also make a 3 minute walk from Chinatown MRT. Call us at 6538 1422 if you need directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    Harvey Norman .... 19 cents on offer .....
    they fuji but their paper is ????

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    They don't use substitutes lah. There are so many different type of paper. I used to do printing myself, any paper, even Konica can be good, provided you print properly and use fresh chemicals and use correct development and bleach-fix timing. Many labs use exhausted chemicals, that's why the colours are dull and the prints don't last.
    so they do not use substitutes, but only exhausted chemicals....
    Last edited by rodel; 28th February 2007 at 10:51 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12