Thread: Anyone here has worn Asics Kayano & 2110GT?

Arrow Anyone here has worn Asics Kayano & 2110GT?

I'm running in 2110s right now, and just wondering what is the difference with the Kayanos. From the website, it does look like the Kayano has a little bit more technology and probably made with slightly better materials (not like the 2110 is low quality).

If any of you have experiences with both, I'd like to hear what you think the differences are. At least they're classified as "motion control" by Asics, and of course the price is a little different.

I like my 2110s but sometimes I wish there was a little less squishy cushioning and a little more support.
    Leicanaut & Nikonaut @ http://nangka.org/events

alfanutz
    Guests

Default Re: Anyone here has worn Asics Kayano & 2110GT?

I have not tried the 2110GT or Kayano before but rather the Nimbus. Had wanted to get the 2110GT but apparently the Nimbus is more suitable for me because of my arch.

I think the squishy cushioning you mentioned is a "hallmark" of Asics. Same goes for my Nimbus. The cushioning of Asics is really good though sometimes I wish it can be abit more firmer and perhaps even "return" some energy back. Mizuno seems able to do this, I might give it a try.

I wear Gel evolution II from Asics, designed for flat feeters ..... feel quite comfortable with it because it provide full support, so now I can do all my cardio works more and more .....

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    I'm running in 2110s right now, and just wondering what is the difference with the Kayanos. From the website, it does look like the Kayano has a little bit more technology and probably made with slightly better materials (not like the 2110 is low quality).

If any of you have experiences with both, I'd like to hear what you think the differences are. At least they're classified as "motion control" by Asics, and of course the price is a little different.

I like my 2110s but sometimes I wish there was a little less squishy cushioning and a little more support.
    I've switched from GT2090 to the Kayano. The 2000 series seems to have more cushion and a higher heel. The Kayano offers u a whole new feel to your feet for your initial run but you'll soon grow to love it. It definitely offers more stability compared to my GT2090. Once the hazy season is over, I'm contemplating getting another pair of Kayano..hmm.. maybe Gel Kinsei.
    Last edited by Barrios; 16th October 2006 at 05:21 PM.

Thanks for the insight Barrios. Looks like what I'm hoping to get from my new pair. I thikn I should go out and try on the Kayanos.
    Leicanaut & Nikonaut @ http://nangka.org/events

Deregistered

I still miss my first pair of 2010's from 1996...

Asics Kayano are great! Good stability and cushioning. Motion control is good for flat footers.

Aside from Asics, my favourite of the moment is the Nike Katanas.