Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 256789 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 176

Thread: Men are better Photographer and Women better subject.

  1. #121

    Default Re: Men are better Photographer and Women better subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    It is the same as if you grill a piece of meat on a stick long enough it will turn into satay.
    darn, if only rotiprata was here.

  2. #122

    Default Re: Men are better Photographer and Women better subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    darn, if only rotiprata was here.
    Sorry, can't help it!

    No matter how hard you try, grilled meat will not turn into rotiprata!

  3. #123

    Default Re: Men are better Photographer and Women better subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by student View Post
    Sorry, can't help it!

    No matter how hard you try, grilled meat will not turn into rotiprata!
    i think males are better satay makers.

  4. #124

    Default Re: Men are better Photographer and Women better subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    i think males are better satay makers.
    Luckily you used the word "think".

    Continue to think somemore!

    Well, certainly I see more male "satay-makers" than female "satay-makers".

    You know, like more male photographers than female photographers.

  5. #125

    Default Re: Men are better Photographer and Women better subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    I am definitely not a sexist for having made the following statement. The person I respect most is a woman.

    But I generally feel that a man is a better photographer and woman always makes a better subject than man.


    I personally think that men are very visual creature (tend to fall in love through looks), that's why like to make nice photograph. Women are more passionate, crave for attention, that's why like to be in front of the camera.

    It could also due to our build. Men have stronger arms to carry a SLR, while women have more and better curves to make interesting pictures.

    Why do you say?



    How is it going?

  6. #126

    Default Re: Men are better Photographer and Women better subject.

    i think today i will go home and photograph my toilet bowl. it's a good subject cos it has many curves.

    but before that i better do more pushups. so i can be strong enough to carry a 1ds.
    Black lens, white Lens, can take picture is a Good lens

  7. #127

    Default Re: Men are better Photographer and Women better subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by pai View Post
    i think today i will go home and photograph my toilet bowl. it's a good subject cos it has many curves.

    but before that i better do more pushups. so i can be strong enough to carry a 1ds.
    Hello Brother..

    You are trying to bring this discussion into another dimension.

    But if your toilet bowl takes the shape and dimension of a woman, Please shoot and post it here. It will be very interesting. Guarantee viewers will easily exceed 1000.

  8. #128

    Default Re: Men are better Photographer and Women better subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by gundugundu View Post
    How is it going?
    Going fine, just love your smile.

  9. #129
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Men are better Photographer and Women better subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    If you meditate long enough a picture always will tell you something. Sometimes even gives you an inspiration for a lucky 4D number.

    It is the same as if you grill a piece of meat on a stick long enough it will turn into satay.
    i wonder how long it'll take for 7 numbers chosen between 1 and 45 to appear

    1 piece of meat is not enough to make satay, you need 3 (satay is called satay because it came from Chinese dialect pronunciation 三叠 ) of course, can always chop up the 1 piece into 3 before grilling ... yumyum

  10. #130
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    611

    Default Re: Men are better Photographer and Women better subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    i disagree. the world is general. you are always exploiting those rare examples and making use of them to defunct peoples arguement. rare examples do not prove anything, it only states exceptions of a theory. this is not like a physics theory where rare abnormalies would make the theory void.

    It ain't as rare as you think. Life is never general. If it is so, you might just as well stop living.

  11. #131

    Default Re: Men are better Photographer and Women better subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
    It ain't as rare as you think. Life is never general. If it is so, you might just as well stop living.
    Life is never general?
    Then, what is so specific or absolute about life? Care to share with us?
    If it is so specific, why we have statistical studies and probability studies?
    We more than often use statistics to draw conculsion on daily life, eg. To support the statement: More boys enrol into engineering courses. But having a few female engineering student will not void the statement.
    As you know, in statistic, we treat outliers separately. One or two outliers are not going to have a major impact on the conclusion drawn. Therefore, quoting a few famous female photographers is not going to overturn my statement.

    You mentioned about Supply and demand. How did this topic got to do with economics?
    I am very surprise that nobody actually challenge your points that man generally gets into photography because of some marketing terms. I will try when I have time.
    Last edited by Silence Sky; 17th October 2006 at 11:03 PM.

  12. #132
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    611

    Default Re: Men are better Photographer and Women better subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    Life is never general?
    Then, what is so specific about life? Care to share with us?
    .
    If you want to argue please use the relevant context.

    I am implying general as generic.


    You want specific? Fine. Tell me if there's another silence sky in the world.
    Last edited by Wisp; 17th October 2006 at 10:43 PM.

  13. #133

    Default Re: Men are better Photographer and Women better subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
    .
    If you want to argue please use the relevant context.

    I am implying general as generic.


    You want specific? Fine. Tell me if there's another silence sky in the world.
    Hello Wisp:

    Don't say argue, let's have some good discussion. Let me first try to understand your general = generic ok? I might have misunderstood your statement.

    It is late over in Sydney. You are about to enter day light saving, not sleeping yet?
    Last edited by Silence Sky; 17th October 2006 at 11:21 PM.

  14. #134
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Men are better Photographer and Women better subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    It is late over in Sydney. You are about to enter day light saving, not sleeping yet?
    How do you know he is not posting in his sleep?

  15. #135

    Default Re: Men are better Photographer and Women better subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
    Yes this topic is pointless.

    However, I would point this out in club snap: Demand and supply.

    For men, most of us got into photography probably because of good marketing creating a demand. The manufacturers repeatedly use machoism synonymns in order to sell their products, such as 'tough', 'reliable', 'speed'.

    Sad to say, few ever enter it soley because they want good photographs. Then again, that's very much my opinion.

    Ever heard of a nikon or canon DSLR labelled 'sleek', 'sexy', or anything else?

    And as goes, there is a DEMAND for female models by men who have these machines. So of course the modelling agencies would arrange for more girls to flaunt their stuff instead of guys. Do women demand model agencies for guys? They probably could get the men themselves.

    Hence this topic is a dead horse. There is nothing to support the theory that women love to flaunt and men are more inclined to be gifted in shooting than simple demand and supply. The latter is pretty much simplified of course, but it's not an analysis. Just an observation.
    However, I would point this out in club snap: Demand and supply.

    Supply and Demand is about the invisible hand balancing the economy. We are not discussing about pricing or market trend in this thread. Therefore, it is not related to this topic. If you really want to apply economic principle here, maybe can try using the indifference curve. For example: I am willing to give up one can of Pepsi to look at a male (in trunk) portrait, I am willing to give up five can of Pepsi to look at a female (in bikini) portrait. Both choices give me the same level of satisfaction. By counting the average number of Pepsi needed to trade off for looking at each portrait, maybe we will have a better answer.

    For men, most of us got into photography probably because of good marketing creating a demand.

    Marketing is for Product, Photography is a hobby and life style. We can promote photography through campaigning (eg. Photography is good and beneficial for you) but very less through marketing. Now, it is like you are saying the manufacturer is so good at marketing that got you to buy a camera without having a purpose. Now, I have bought this camera, what to do with it? Got no choice, but to pickup photography.

    The manufacturers repeatedly use machoism synonymns in order to sell their products, such as 'tough', 'reliable', 'speed'.

    Got too much to say, but will keep it short. “Tough”, “Reliable” and “Speed”, these terms are used to described the products, having bought this product does not make one a macho man. A lady will also want to buy a product that is tougher, more reliable and perform faster, isn’t it?

    Sad to say, few ever enter it soley because they want good photographs. Then again, that's very much my opinion.

    Since it is very much about your opinion, let’s skip this line.

    So much for now, type more later.
    Last edited by Silence Sky; 18th October 2006 at 01:20 PM.

  16. #136

    Default Re: Men are better Photographer and Women better subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    Since it is very much about your opinion, letís skip this line.

  17. #137

    Default Re: Men are better Photographer and Women better subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    Hello Satay:

    What are you laughing at?
    You got job to do, help me understand general = generic.

  18. #138

    Default Re: Men are better Photographer and Women better subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    Hello Satay:

    What are you laughing at?
    You got job to do, help me understand general = generic.
    well.....if you take this "general" back to the topic of discussion, let's see:

    Men are generally better photographers

    Men are specifically better photographers.


    see? i believe(correct me if i am wrong) when you first started this thread, your meaning is actually the first one. but some people just like to you-know-what and purposely view it as the second meaning. with this discussion(or argument, as some pp called it) going on at different sides of the coin, it will just get violent and more violent and more violent, until it becomes a flaming match(like what it is going to happen soon when this post is quoted and replied).

    so back to the "arguement" about life being "general"............, there is no argument, there is no spoon, cos i dun know what "general" is, same for "specific". problem is those two words can be defined differently to give advantage to one's "arguement". one can very easily mislead people by defining those words him or herself, giving a slight skewed to the actual topic of disccusion by allowing them to give "arguments" like "Tell me another Lee Kuan Yew you know". and since we find it hard to pinpoint the exact meaning of "general" and "specific", we shall take the general meaning of them as their specifics differ from people to people. so, if one wants to talk about life being general or specific, well......, how do you define "life" in the first place? life as in you, or life as in mankind? ............or do you want to take life in general?
    Last edited by satay16; 18th October 2006 at 03:10 PM.

  19. #139
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Men are better Photographer and Women better subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    let's see:

    Men are generally better photographers

    Men are specifically better photographers.


    see? i believe(correct me if i am wrong) when you first started this thread, your meaning is actually the first one. but some people just like to you-know-what and purposely view it as the second meaning. with this discussion(or argument, as some pp called it) going on at different sides of the coin, it will just get violent and more violent and more violent, until it becomes a flaming match(like what it is going to happen soon when this post is quoted and replied).
    grill satay time!

    but this time i'll let you grill yourself ... please explain what you mean by

    1) Men are generally better photographers

    2) Men are specifically better photographers.

  20. #140

    Default Re: Men are better Photographer and Women better subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    well.....if you take this "general" back to the topic of discussion, let's see:

    Men are generally better photographers

    Men are specifically better photographers.


    see? i believe(correct me if i am wrong) when you first started this thread, your meaning is actually the first one. but some people just like to you-know-what and purposely view it as the second meaning. with this discussion(or argument, as some pp called it) going on at different sides of the coin, it will just get violent and more violent and more violent, until it becomes a flaming match(like what it is going to happen soon when this post is quoted and replied).

    so back to the "arguement" about life being "general"............, there is no argument, there is no spoon, cos i dun know what "general" is, same for "specific". problem is those two words can be defined differently to give advantage to one's "arguement". one can very easily mislead people by defining those words him or herself, giving a slight skewed to the actual topic of disccusion by allowing them to give "arguments" like "Tell me another Lee Kuan Yew you know". and since we find it hard to pinpoint the exact meaning of "general" and "specific", we shall take the general meaning of them as their specifics differ from people to people. so, if one wants to talk about life being general or specific, well......, how do you define "life" in the first place? life as in you, or life as in mankind? ............or do you want to take life in general?

    Jess...
    You got me more confuse now.

    Wisp:
    I will give up on this one. I really can't relate general to generic.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 256789 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •