Thread: SAC-Festival Of Harvest

Default SAC-Festival Of Harvest

Hi all, I am new DSLR shooter. This pic is taken in St. Andrew's Cathedral during the Festival of Harvest 2 weeks ago.

Please give me you comments.

Thanks!

Default Re: SAC-Festival Of Harvest

i think it's a little toneless due to the lighting. subject not very interesting too...

it lack the punch in color...very dull....and a tighter crop would b better imho...
    Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

Hi Liew, thanks for your comment....can you please elaborate what do you mean by toneless due to the lighting? I am new and really need some advise....thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Liew View Post
    i think it's a little toneless due to the lighting. subject not very interesting too...

Hi dreamerz, thanks for coming by...any suggestion if there is a way to make the colour better? Up the satuaration? Thanx for your tips in advance!

I did not crop it tighter because I would like the church background to be noticeable....Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dreamerz View Post
    it lack the punch in color...very dull....and a tighter crop would b better imho...

Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut View Post
    Hi dreamerz, thanks for coming by...any suggestion if there is a way to make the colour better? Up the satuaration? Thanx for your tips in advance!

I did not crop it tighter because I would like the church background to be noticeable....Thanks!
    i did some adjustment n crop in ur photo...if u 1 it to b taken down pm me...

basically i increase the exposure n gamma, then increase the contrast...then i apply USM...n did some cropping...
    Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

Ok dreamerz, indeed it looks more inviting! Thanks for the tips!

Quote Originally Posted by dreamerz View Post
    i did some adjustment n crop in ur photo...if u 1 it to b taken down pm me...

basically i increase the exposure n gamma, then increase the contrast...then i apply USM...n did some cropping...

prefer agaist black background, the bright left side is very distracting.

Hi Jesmun18, thanks for your comment too. As my intention and title is the Festival of Harvest in SAC, so the background is part of the entire idea of the pic. The pic is not just about the vegetable. Thank you again for dropping by!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesmun18 View Post
    prefer agaist black background, the bright left side is very distracting.