Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone adventure Traveller cum Photographer?

Default Re: Anyone adventure Traveller cum Photographer?

Quote Originally Posted by redoxsim View Post
    Get to know one another, share travel experience/tips, perhaps get inspired on new destinations? Not necessarily restricted to "adventure" travelling. I think the vibe here is "independent" travel, as opposed to package coach tours.

No need to bring photos, but nothing says more than a picture
    I just visited your website, you have some great photos!
    by the way, redoxsim, is the time to be fixed at 1230 (probably with individual lunch before that)? a better time could be 1030-11am onwards, of which thereafter some can continue chatting over lunch, and others can go for lunch appt. i'm al'right with it if it is to be fixed.

i think having an agenda is going to be important as people need to travel far for it. if not, otherwise, this thread should just grow and we can form a msn network and chat over online when available.

i thought that the agenda probably would lie in whether we are going to implement something that is out of this forum or going to be run in this forum, e.g. a single thread for people to post their duration of likely availability to travel, their travel preferences and their projected destination, and hence to aid in attracting people to consider partnership in travelling. if there is enough population (i dun think so now), a sub-forum can be requested. there are enough travel topics to cover but at the moment, they are scattered everywhere, e.g. tripod/monopod choice, lens choice, bag types, winter/rain weathers, street photography, shooting strangers, capturing festivals to less photographic related issues related to backpacking.

the value of meeting up-front probably makes it good for us to know each other and makes it faster to get partners to travel together. which is why i consider going this sat.

sharing of photos & experience (without the aim of getting partners) of cos is fun and what most photographers enjoy doing. however, that purpose might be better served online. of cos, one dun need to have a plan for travel yet as long as he/she is interested in going for one, after listening to other participants, you can proceed to pick your prefered course or group.
    Last edited by zoossh; 16th November 2006 at 08:50 PM.

Yes, the timing should be fixed at 12.30pm as I have another appointment before that. The place is just above a coffee shop, so please feel free to get your lunch/coffee fix/snacks from it if you wish to.

As for the meeting agenda, I initially thought we should let it be driven by the participants on that day itself. But I agree with you that some may have to travel rather far for it, so here's a suggested agenda to ensure we all benefit from meeting up:

Objectives
    1. Get to know more people with similar interests in independent travel and photography
    2. Possibility of finding travel partners for future trips

Agenda
    1. Self-introduction of everyone
    2. Talk about what we hope to get out of meeting
    3. Exchanging ideas for future destinations
    4. Sharing experience from past travels
    5. Discussion of photography-related issues with regards to travel
    6. Any future implementation to continue providing a platform for further meetups/discussions

MXP Enrichment Centre
    Blk 682 Hougang Ave 4
    #02-300

Saturday, 18 Nov 2006
    12.30pm.

1) redoxsim
    2) hotsshooter
    3) LOTUSfairy
    4) szhoe
    5) Venia
    6) zoossh
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

Please try to be punctual. You can call me if you are going to be late.
    I've had comments that the place is quite hard to find as it's very crowded and the block is shaped in a large U with many different staircases. If you're lost, you can ask around for MXP Enrichment Centre or just give me a call My mobile is 93660065. Name is Roy.
    Feel free to come even if you've not put your name down, but decide last minute that you can make it.

Sorry...I got to go for duty tomorrow...Will join u guys next meeting.
    蓮花仙子

Hi guys

Lots of delays over here...

My next flight is 1320hrs SIN time and I could not join you guys..I have been stuck here for the past 15 hrs

Have a good time..

outcome of our meet-up

http://www.clubsnap.org/forums/showthread.php?t=237427

by the way, suzanne and roy, i can't rem the exact details of your projection. pls post in the above thread if you want to get kaki for those trips.

hi fellows,

i just gotten back to photography and i like to backpacking around. at the same time go snappin the every little things that i see be it in singapore or overseas.

hope to able to join in the activities thou not often due to work commitment

Quote Originally Posted by sp0iltbr4t View Post
    hi fellows,

i just gotten back to photography and i like to backpacking around. at the same time go snappin the every little things that i see be it in singapore or overseas.

hope to able to join in the activities thou not often due to work commitment
    Welcome on board & happy shooting..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234