Thread: Yellow High Visibility Vest for Night Cycling

Default Yellow High Visibility Vest for Night Cycling

Calling all Cyclists,

What do you all think of wearing those yellow colored high visibility vest for night cycling? Those that are normally worn by roadside construction workers.

I personally feel the reflectors on the vest make you visible from a good distance and good for motorists to spot you earlier. Look a bit silly but I rather live to cycle another day.

I got this idea from some S Koreans who were on a cycle trip here last year. They wear this vest when they go on their cycle trips in their country.

Default Re: Yellow High Visibility Vest for Night Cycling

Quote Originally Posted by VR Man View Post
    Calling all Cyclists,

What do you all think of wearing those yellow colored high visibility vest for night cycling? Those that are normally worn by roadside construction workers.

I personally feel the reflectors on the vest make you visible from a good distance and good for motorists to spot you earlier. Look a bit silly but I rather live to cycle another day.

I got this idea from some S Koreans who were on a cycle trip here last year. They wear this vest when they go on their cycle trips in their country.
    I believe specialize riding clothing already had this. Unless the rider insist to buy dark color one.

Anything to increase the visibility of a rider is a good idea. I always fear for those Blangadeshi workers who cycle at night wearing dark clothings, and without any lights on their bicycle.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Anything to increase the visibility of a rider is a good idea. I always fear for those Blangadeshi workers who cycle at night wearing dark clothings, and without any lights on their bicycle.
    phantom rider...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Not related, but I remembered watching a documentary of Mexicans trying to sneak thru the US-Mexico border in daytime. One of them was wearing a bright yellow shirt. I'm sure nobody taught them camouflage but the border police spot them easily because of him! Increased visibility yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikonian Foo View Post
    Not related, but I remembered watching a documentary of Mexicans trying to sneak thru the US-Mexico border in daytime. One of them was wearing a bright yellow shirt. I'm sure nobody taught them camouflage but the border police spot them easily because of him! Increased visibility yeah!
    Dumb & Dumber

I think the camera crew bribed the Mexican to wear the yellow short so filming at night was easier for them

jus stick lots of reflective tape on ur bike can liao. especially if on the body & wheel...

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    jus stick lots of reflective tape on ur bike can liao. especially if on the body & wheel...
    Heh heh I hiao mah, dun want to stick reflective hello kitty stickers on the paint job

Deregistered

I use a fair amount of highly reflective hard plastic tape on both my road bike and mountain bike. I have most on the rims where there is a visual on/off look to it, and on the seattube of my mtb.

i hav some on my lense hood & cam. thinking of sticking some on my tripod.