Thread: Old house

Default Old house

took this in changi village, did some PP.

Default Re: Old house

any comment ?? or should i trash it ??

Quote Originally Posted by Chew Siow Ming View Post
    any comment ?? or should i trash it ??
    Ha ha ha.... Sounds familiar...
    I would rather omit the big tree on the left, if possible...

Quote Originally Posted by rexlim View Post
    Ha ha ha.... Sounds familiar...
    I would rather omit the big tree on the left, if possible...
    familiar ?? what familiar ?? anyway point noted. thot will give some depth to the pic having it as foreground.
    got few more pic on this house here, #7 without anything in the foreground, looks very flat to me. http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=229087
    Last edited by Chew Siow Ming; 18th October 2006 at 06:21 PM.

since you intended to have the house as your subject, i think there's too much attention on the foreground and middleground. the tree's canopy is a major distraction, coupled with the grass that takes up almost 50% of the frame, the partially obscured house is not quite the focus in this composition.

Quote Originally Posted by Chew Siow Ming View Post
    familiar ?? what familiar ?? anyway pointed noted. thot will give some depth to the pic having it as foreground.
    got few more pic on this house here, #7 without anything in the foreground, looks very flat to me. http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=229087
    on the contrary, i thought the #7 picture you mentioned communicates better.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    since you intended to have the house as your subject, i think there's too much attention on the foreground and middleground. the tree's canopy is a major distraction, coupled with the grass that takes up almost 50% of the frame, the partially obscured house is not quite the focus in this composition.

on the contrary, i thought the #7 picture you mentioned communicates better.
    tks for advice. will take note on that.

the tree and grass get my attention instead of your old house. The house should be the main subject according to your title, but now it seems like the grass is. The pp doesn't help in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesmun18 View Post
    the tree and grass get my attention instead of your old house. The house should be the main subject according to your title, but now it seems like the grass is. The pp doesn't help in this case.
    Thks for advice will keep that in mind & improve on that....