Thread: Possible to bring a laptop bad and camera bag together as carry in luggage?

Default Possible to bring a laptop bad and camera bag together as carry in luggage?

Hi...wonder if you guys have tried this b4? Will you be stopped and charged extra fees if you carry a laptop and a nikon camera bag or must be exactly only one piece?

Default Re: Possible to bring a laptop bad and camera bag together as carry in luggage?

i never have any problem with it... I am using a Lowepro... there is 2 models.... mine i forget the name but NOT the computtrek....

Flied on Airasia, Emirates, SIA, Tigerairways, Malaysia airline..... these are some i remember...

Cheers

Default Re: Possible to bring a laptop bad and camera bag together as carry in luggage?

Should not be a problem in most airlines in Asia. In the US, they are more anal.

You should have no problem getting through - its within their tolerance.

No problem. By the way, your laptop doesn't count in the total check-in weight.

just travel on SQ carry full camera gear plus laptop and accessories in backpack plus tripod bag containing tripod leg and light stand.

hope that helps some.

No problem. Flew with notebook and camera bag before without being hassle.

I try to have the notebook in a typical notebook bag, so that they know and allow within tolerance a second bag, usually for second bag I use a roller bag that will fit into the overhead compartment and pack my photobackpack inside.

Then again the last time I tried that was beginning of the year, before all these bomb scare in the UK. Now they dont let you carry even toothpaste on in some countries, not sure what they will do.
    Leicanaut & Nikonaut @ http://nangka.org/events

recently flew with notebook in camera bag, a mini trekker. no problem. in fact, bring along a separate notebook bag. in some custom, they require you to bring out the notebook before passing through their scanning....canada custom.

Regards,
    tltan

Oh so that means the laptop bag wont be counted?

I will be flying on SQ and Garuda Indonesia. In that case I should put my camera bag in another hand carry bag and throw some additional personal items inside and carry another laptop bag.

Thanks for the info man.
    Last edited by boroangel; 13th October 2006 at 08:47 AM.

Generally it would not be a prob for you to carry both bags in.

Sorry for the off topic but i got this question. Supposing you have a good luggage (those hard cover) would it be a problem if the camera is in the cargo bay of the plane?

i tink handcarry u are allowed an additional hand carry item which is a laptop or suit bag or sth...check the webbie of the airline u travelling man..

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by boroangel View Post
    Hi...wonder if you guys have tried this b4? Will you be stopped and charged extra fees if you carry a laptop and a nikon camera bag or must be exactly only one piece?
    hey how was your brissy trip!!

Quote Originally Posted by boroangel View Post
    Oh so that means the laptop bag wont be counted?

I will be flying on SQ and Garuda Indonesia. In that case I should put my camera bag in another hand carry bag and throw some additional personal items inside and carry another laptop bag.

Thanks for the info man.
    thats for SQ. They allow one hand carry luggage and a separate bag for your notebook.

Quote Originally Posted by slooow View Post
    hey how was your brissy trip!!
    Hey...thansks for asking. It wa good and enjoyable and I doubt I can ever go back to travelling with tour packages after this self drive trip. Wish we had more time though and there were many places and things to do which we misse out...

You might like to take a look at my gallery...took about 1700+ photos but only had time to postprocess a few. Will try to upload more when I have the time...