Thread: casing or pouch for LX1 \ LX2

Default casing or pouch for LX1 \ LX2

Hi guys,

May i know what kind of casing or pouch u use for LX1 & LX2?
    Anyone got the original hard case?
    My gallery
    COLORS OF THE WIND

Default Re: casing or pouch for LX1 \ LX2

The leather pouch is useless for preventing corner knocks and scratches. I use a Crumpler Thirsty AL. Fit it snugly and protects my LX1 all over.

Quote Originally Posted by tao View Post
    The leather pouch is useless for preventing corner knocks and scratches. I use a Crumpler Thirsty AL. Fit it snugly and protects my LX1 all over.
    thirsty AL... hmm.. i m considering this too... what size u bought? L size seems like not able to fit in. U bought size XL? How much & which shop u bought it from ? Thanks ..
    My gallery
    COLORS OF THE WIND

Quote Originally Posted by DaXiong View Post
    thirsty AL... hmm.. i m considering this too... what size u bought? L size seems like not able to fit in. U bought size XL? How much & which shop u bought it from ? Thanks ..

Sorry, just checked, mine is the John Thursday 60, very similar to the Thirsty AL.

The size should be similar to the L size one, as I said, it is a very snug fit, like a glove but at least it makes it pocketable for me. Enough to put extra SD card only. Also, do note that snug fit will protect the camera much better than loose fit.

Check it out here: http://www.morco.uk.com/latest/crumpler7.htm

How much is it? I was thinking of storing the cam w/o any cover..quite bulky..

Thanks!

i am using a black Crumpler--the Bundle (small). Nice size for LX2 + extra battery + sd cards. around SGD30.

Bought the Thirsty AL but the shape of the protuding lens makes it really bulky to hold in a hand. Dropped it several times, luckily no scratches. Btw, shld i place the lcd against the black spongy side or the other in the pouch?

I'm using the hard LX1 black casing with side zips. Model: PSSLX1B
    Slightly bulky but the build is solid enough to let me trust it.

Those? perfect fit for the LX-2/LX-1 or D-Lux 2/D-Lux 3 but beeerrry expensive