Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: LX2 optimum sdcard

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: LX2 optimum sdcard

    Quote Originally Posted by takethree View Post
    Yep you might be right. I forgot that the LX2 has more pixels to contend with. Now I'm tempted to get that 150X card again lol. Maybe can cut down the write time to 1-2 secs woohoo
    forget about it
    according to DPreview (http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasoniclx1/page5.asp) 3-4s is already near the cap of what lx1 offers. again my surprise that lx1 write spd was 4.9MB/s against lx2 4.4MB/s (tho different cards were used).

  2. #22

    Default Re: LX2 optimum sdcard

    I got normal Kingston 1GB takes about 5-6secs to write one RAW. Now really thinking hard about paying close to almost twice the price for a hi speed card as its a difference of about 2.5s...

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: LX2 optimum sdcard

    Quote Originally Posted by zapp! View Post
    I got normal Kingston 1GB takes about 5-6secs to write one RAW. Now really thinking hard about paying close to almost twice the price for a hi speed card as its a difference of about 2.5s...
    no la... where double the price. from video pro price list, kingston normal 2gb is $50 while elite pro is $61 or so. ulimate $90+ tho

  4. #24

    Default Re: LX2 optimum sdcard

    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    no la... where double the price. from video pro price list, kingston normal 2gb is $50 while elite pro is $61 or so. ulimate $90+ tho
    Sandisk one is a killer But i think elite pro is good price vs performance ratio.

  5. #25

    Default Re: LX2 optimum sdcard

    any more LX2 users' experience to share?? Which card brands/models are u using and the write-speed for RAW???

    still looking for any Kingston Ultimate 120x or 133x users' experience...for LX2 please.


    Some examples of RAW write-speeds (actual LX2 user reports):
    Panasonic Pro HS = around 4.5sec
    Transcend 150x = around 3-4sec
    Sandisk Extreme III = around 3-4sec (LX2 limitation)
    Kingston Ultimate 120x = ??
    Kingston Ultimate 133x = ??
    Twinmos Ultra-X 133x = ??
    Lexar 133x = ??
    Adata 150x = ??
    Kingmax = ??
    Ridata = ??
    .
    .
    .
    Last edited by micah4; 14th October 2006 at 02:55 PM.

  6. #26

    Default Re: LX2 optimum sdcard

    Quote Originally Posted by micah4 View Post
    still looking for any Kingston Ultimate 120x or 133x users' experience...for LX2 please.
    Some examples of RAW write-speeds (actual LX2 user reports):
    Panasonic Pro HS = around 4.5sec
    Transcend 150x = around 3-4sec
    Sandisk Extreme III = around 3-4sec (LX2 limitation)
    Kingston Ultimate 120x = ??
    Kingston Ultimate 133x = ??
    Twinmos Ultra-X 133x = ??
    Lexar 133x = ~4s
    Adata 150x = ??
    Kingmax = ??
    Ridata = ??

  7. #27

    Default Re: LX2 optimum sdcard

    ...continuing updates:

    Some examples of RAW write-speeds (actual LX2 user reports):
    Panasonic Pro HS = around 4.5sec
    Transcend 150x = around 3-4sec
    Sandisk Extreme III = around 3-4sec (LX2 limitation)
    Kingston Ultimate 120x = ??
    Kingston Ultimate 133x = ??
    Twinmos Ultra-X 133x = ??
    Lexar 133x = ~4s
    Adata 150x = ??
    Kingmax = ??
    Ridata 150x = 5-6secs

  8. #28

    Default Re: LX2 optimum sdcard

    i bought a transcend 150x...my write time is 4 secs...normal kingston 5 secs

  9. #29

    Default Re: LX2 optimum sdcard

    Quote Originally Posted by zapp! View Post
    i bought a transcend 150x...my write time is 4 secs...normal kingston 5 secs
    LX1 or LX2????? ...no way that LX2 can achieve 5secs on a normal speed card!

  10. #30

    Default Re: LX2 optimum sdcard

    Quote Originally Posted by micah4 View Post
    LX1 or LX2????? ...no way that LX2 can achieve 5secs on a normal speed card!
    LX2 leh...serious i took 3 measurements.

  11. #31

    Default Re: LX2 optimum sdcard

    ...continuing updates:

    Some examples of RAW write-speeds (actual LX2 user reports):

    Panasonic Pro HS = around 4.5sec
    Transcend 150x = around 3-4sec
    Sandisk Extreme III = around 3-4sec (LX2 limitation)
    Kingston Ultimate 120x = ??
    Kingston Ultimate 133x = ??
    Twinmos Ultra-X 66x = 5-6secs
    Twinmos Ultra-X 150x = 4-5secs
    Lexar 133x = ~4s [Lexar is out of the market - confirmed by distro:Convergent]
    Adata 150x = ??
    Kingmax = ??
    Ridata 150x = 5-6secs
    .
    .
    .

  12. #32

    Default Re: LX2 optimum sdcard

    Quote Originally Posted by zapp! View Post
    LX2 leh...serious i took 3 measurements.
    I've used a stopwatch to check the rate for a normal speed Kingston SD card: result=10secs/raw-write. Even without a stopwatch, if u count the number of blinks when it's writing it's already more than what a HS sdcard is achieving. Serious...I also took 3 measurements.

  13. #33

    Default Re: LX2 optimum sdcard

    Quote Originally Posted by micah4 View Post
    I've used a stopwatch to check the rate for a normal speed Kingston SD card: result=10secs/raw-write. Even without a stopwatch, if u count the number of blinks when it's writing it's already more than what a HS sdcard is achieving. Serious...I also took 3 measurements.
    simplest way is to photograph your stopwatch lor... make sure u set set af to manual mode.

  14. #34

    Default Re: LX2 optimum sdcard

    Panasonic Pro HS = around 4.5sec
    Transcend 150x = around 3-4sec
    Sandisk Extreme III = around 3-4sec (LX2 limitation)
    Sandisk Ultra II = 5.7s/5.8s
    Kingston Ultimate 120x = ??
    Kingston Ultimate 133x = ??
    Twinmos Ultra-X 66x = 5-6secs
    Twinmos Ultra-X 150x = 4-5secs
    Lexar 133x = ~4s [Lexar is out of the market - confirmed by distro:Convergent]
    Adata 150x = ??
    Kingmax = ??
    Ridata 150x = 5-6secs

  15. #35

    Default Re: LX2 optimum sdcard

    ...continuing updates:

    Some examples of RAW write-speeds (actual LX2 user reports):

    -Panasonic Pro HS = around 4.5sec per raw-writes

    -Transcend 150x = around 3-4sec per raw-writes

    -Sandisk Ultra II = 5.7s/5.8s per raw-writes
    -Sandisk Extreme III = 3-4sec per raw-writes (could be faster but limited by LX2)

    -Kingston Ultimate 120x = ?? per raw-writes
    -Kingston Ultimate 133x = ?? per raw-writes

    -Ridata 150x = 5-6secs per raw-writes

    -Twinmos Ultra-X 66x = 5-6secs per raw-writes
    -Twinmos Ultra-X 150x = 4-5secs per raw-writes

    -Lexar 133x = ~4secs per raw-writes
    * [Lexar is out of the market - confirmed by distro:Convergent]

    -Adata 150x = ?? per raw-writes

    -Others = ??

    **If anyone with LX2 has these or other SDcards, pls feel free to update...but remember to copy the whole post content for continuity sake.
    Last edited by micah4; 21st October 2006 at 01:14 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •