Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Drybox questions...

  1. #1
    Member Jer76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    1,047

    Default Drybox questions...

    My current electronic drybox average hydrometer reading is ard 40 - 50%, but sometimes it shoots all the way up to 80% and stay for like around 15mins ( i did not open it ). Then the light on the electronic unit will come on and the unit will be very hot to touch.. the drybox would then feel slightly warm.. is this normal? i dun wan end up with a fried cam!

  2. #2
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default Re: Drybox questions...

    Originally posted by Jer76
    My current electronic drybox average hydrometer reading is ard 40 - 50%, but sometimes it shoots all the way up to 80% and stay for like around 15mins ( i did not open it ). Then the light on the electronic unit will come on and the unit will be very hot to touch.. the drybox would then feel slightly warm.. is this normal? i dun wan end up with a fried cam!
    Based on you descriptions, it sounds like your dry cabinet's having problems...

  3. #3
    Member Jer76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    serious ar... i better go get another one quick then.. by right the hydrometer should stay constant at 40 - 50% if you do not open the box rite?

  4. #4
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    Originally posted by Jer76
    serious ar... i better go get another one quick then.. by right the hydrometer should stay constant at 40 - 50% if you do not open the box rite?
    If my hygrometer in the dry cabinet shoots up to 80% RH for no reason and that it's sometimes too warm to touch (mine is always cool) then I'd think that something(s) is/are amiss.

    Other inputs from the rest?

  5. #5
    Member Jer76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    oops i meant the electronic unit at the back of the cabinet... the meters always cool

  6. #6
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    Originally posted by Jer76
    oops i meant the electronic unit at the back of the cabinet... the meters always cool
    I'm not referring to the hygrometer; it's analogue so it can't be hot!

    I'm using a Value Dry Cabinet and I've just felt the frying unit. It's cool to touch.

  7. #7

    Default

    if the back of the dry box is hot, that's normal.

    if your hydrometer reading shoot up for nothing, that's abnormal.

  8. #8
    Member Jer76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    hmm i only notice the hydrometer reading will shoot up ONLY when the red led is on.. is there something i missed?

  9. #9

    Default

    Originally posted by Jer76
    hmm i only notice the hydrometer reading will shoot up ONLY when the red led is on.. is there something i missed?
    Are you having an Am-Pro dry cabinet? How often does it occur?

    My 90L Am-Pro does that (opens up the rear vent) about once a week and the meter would shoot up to over 80%. Then it'll gradually drop down to 45% again in about half an hour. It's like refreshing the air inside the cabinet.

  10. #10
    Member Jer76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    yeeah its am-pro... so its normal la? mine is like once a day...

  11. #11

    Default

    Originally posted by Jer76
    yeeah its am-pro... so its normal la? mine is like once a day...
    Once a day? Hey, it doesn't look normal leh.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •