Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tripod..... to bring or not to bring?

Default Re: Tripod..... to bring or not to bring?

I second that. Do bring your tripod along otherwise you might regret it when you are there.

customs won't be a problem. the only hitch might be that the airline staff may not want to let you handcarry on. but usually they can be reasoned with lah.

as long as you know you've got some nice landscape opportunities on your trip, why not bring it along? you can leave it in the hotel if you're just going shopping, and only bring it out for night shoots, parks etc.

i took my tripod along on two trips recently, to vietnam and hongkong. both times, i only used the tripod on one occasion - the sungsot caves at halong bay in vietnam, and to take a panorama at victoria peak in hk. was worth it even though i used it so little, because it was hardly any hassle, and wouldn't have gotten the shots otherwise.
    Black lens, white Lens, can take picture is a Good lens

Bring ur tripod!
    Worth every effort!
    Hand-carry shouldn't b a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerHappy View Post
    Hi,

Will be making a trip to Australia soon and will be bringing my DSLR along.
    Wondering if I should bring my tripod along.... Just afraid its too cumbersome
    and not sure if can pass through customs. Any advice...esp. from those who travel a lot?

Thank You
    I went to AU many times due to work assignement, my humble opinion is 'Bring it along', the scenary is awesome, both landscape and nightscreen required a good tripod to achieve good pic. If your have ND/Pol filters, bring it along too...
    Juz my 2 cents worth.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerHappy View Post
    Hi,

Will be making a trip to Australia soon and will be bringing my DSLR along.
    Wondering if I should bring my tripod along.... Just afraid its too cumbersome
    and not sure if can pass through customs. Any advice...esp. from those who travel a lot?

Thank You
    Hi, which airline u travelling on?
    I jus back from overseas, travelled on Cathay Pacific. Had no prob hand carry both my cam and tripod. I tink its all dwn to individual airline and the country y travelling to.

For those going to US and UK, no hand held items allowed. The oni this u are allowed on board are ur wallets, OFFed HP and passport. Its the same for those travelling to other countries on US or UK airlines.
    400D | 17-85mm f4.0-5.6 | 50mm f1.8 | 55-200mm f4.5-5.6 | 28-105mm f3.5-4.5 | 430EXII |
    My Pics

Quote Originally Posted by student View Post

#4 If I were to take landscape like sunrise and sunset, I will bring the heaviest tripod I can stuff in my check-in luggage. I will not bother with toys.
    This i absolutely agree! But the caveat is that you need to know your luggage weight. If you are hand carrying it, then it's fine. Call up the airline to check if there are any issues with you hand carrying a camera tripod on board.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvislands View Post
    I went to AU many times due to work assignement, my humble opinion is 'Bring it along', the scenary is awesome, both landscape and nightscreen required a good tripod to achieve good pic. If your have ND/Pol filters, bring it along too...
    Juz my 2 cents worth.
    This is pretty much sound advice i reckon. I'm here right now and I have no regrets brining my tripod at all...
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

I haven't ironed out the flight details yet. So i'll check once its confirmed.
    Thanks for the replies guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12