Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Low End Cameras?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Low End Cameras?

    Hi,

    Helping a friend gather some info. Besides the highly popular Canon A40, which are the other sub S$400 digicams around?

    Regards
    CK

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Behind a lens
    Posts
    2,312

    Default Re: Low End Cameras?

    Originally posted by ckiang
    Hi,

    Helping a friend gather some info. Besides the highly popular Canon A40, which are the other sub S$400 digicams around?

    Regards
    CK
    if getting 2nd hand, A20 is not bad.. just dun have manual. I am using it.. The price drop is very sad to know.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Re: Re: Low End Cameras?

    Originally posted by binbeto


    if getting 2nd hand, A20 is not bad.. just dun have manual. I am using it.. The price drop is very sad to know.
    Looking for new lar. He doing some market research.

    Regards
    CK

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Behind a lens
    Posts
    2,312

    Default Re: Re: Re: Low End Cameras?

    Originally posted by ckiang


    Looking for new lar. He doing some market research.

    Regards
    CK
    with a tight budget like $400, think left with not much choice. A40 is not bad. You need to consider the price of CF and a cheapo dry box too.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Low End Cameras?

    Originally posted by binbeto


    with a tight budget like $400, think left with not much choice. A40 is not bad. You need to consider the price of CF and a cheapo dry box too.
    Market research purposes, so just bare camera with whatever's bundled. He just want to find out what's out there in that $400 range.

    Anyone? Fuji? Samsung?

    Regards
    CK

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,058

    Default

    MSRP:
    lumix lc20 lc7
    nikon 2000
    canon a40
    oly c2z
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,828

    Default

    if he wants to get into photography, a40 is a good buy because of its manual functions. for just simple point and shoot coolpix 2000 is not bad.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    Originally posted by thoa_rs
    if he wants to get into photography, a40 is a good buy because of its manual functions. for just simple point and shoot coolpix 2000 is not bad.
    Originally posted by ckiang


    Market research purposes
    I think doesn't matters...for research purposes only wat

    Ckiang > may be u can refer to

    http://www.reviewmakers.com/showdoc.php?article=14

    http://www.reviewmakers.com/showdoc.php?article=15

    I have put up the prices for digital cameras from various brands...price didn't change much over these few months
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    Get one with a viewfinder, an optical one!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,058

    Default

    Originally posted by LifeWorld
    Get one with a viewfinder, an optical one!
    all low end ones are optical what
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  11. #11

    Default

    Originally posted by denizenx


    all low end ones are optical what
    Wow, once again you demostrate an incredible lack of knowledge.

    And the rest of you, read what CK posted, IT'S FOR MARKETING RESEARCH.

    Let's see, any particular citeria that must be met? Do those 2-in-1/3-in-1 cameras count? :P

    I can think of the Fuji A202, Fuji A203, and Canon A200. The rest have already been mentioned.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,058

    Default

    Originally posted by YSLee


    Wow, once again you demostrate an incredible lack of knowledge.

    And the rest of you, read what CK posted, IT'S FOR MARKETING RESEARCH.

    Let's see, any particular citeria that must be met? Do those 2-in-1/3-in-1 cameras count? :P

    I can think of the Fuji A202, Fuji A203, and Canon A200. The rest have already been mentioned.
    erm... no optical? like which?
    those listed here have what.
    Last edited by denizenx; 21st January 2003 at 01:55 PM.
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by YSLee


    Wow, once again you demostrate an incredible lack of knowledge.

    And the rest of you, read what CK posted, IT'S FOR MARKETING RESEARCH.

    Let's see, any particular citeria that must be met? Do those 2-in-1/3-in-1 cameras count? :P

    I can think of the Fuji A202, Fuji A203, and Canon A200. The rest have already been mentioned.
    Yes, count those all-in-1 craps as well.

    Regards
    CK

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by Wai




    I think doesn't matters...for research purposes only wat

    Ckiang > may be u can refer to

    http://www.reviewmakers.com/showdoc.php?article=14

    http://www.reviewmakers.com/showdoc.php?article=15

    I have put up the prices for digital cameras from various brands...price didn't change much over these few months
    Thanks, but that's the Sitex show report, didn't see any prices leh.

    Regards
    CK

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,058

    Default

    Originally posted by ckiang


    Yes, count those all-in-1 craps as well.

    Regards
    CK
    all in one not that cheap right...
    like the fuji m203... attachment is m16 siboh? LOL
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •