Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: 2 Suns

  1. #1

    Default 2 Suns

    I would appreciate any comments on this picture. Manage to sort of get the sun's reflection albeit overexpose for both. And the flare crossing each other. Wonder whether this works.



    Thanks in advance.

    Regards,
    tltan

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Dover Vista
    Posts
    161

    Default Re: 2 Suns

    The photo is interesting to me, but i feel that the horizon is slanted

  3. #3

    Default Re: 2 Suns

    Quote Originally Posted by tqviet0327 View Post
    The photo is interesting to me, but i feel that the horizon is slanted
    bro
    thanks. I never realise that. hehe. will do some correction and post again.

    Rgds.

  4. #4

    Default Re: 2 Suns

    Here is the straigtened version.


    Thanks.

  5. #5

    Default Re: 2 Suns

    I think it's a nice idea, but the overall lack of detail doesn't quite work for me.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

  6. #6

    Default Re: 2 Suns

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoned View Post
    I think it's a nice idea, but the overall lack of detail doesn't quite work for me.
    Hi bro,

    thanks for the comment. I agree with that. But I had to severely underexpose to get the sun properly and not risk burning my sensor. hehe.

    Regards,
    tltan

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Borneo
    Posts
    84

    Default Re: 2 Suns

    Quote Originally Posted by tltan View Post
    Hi bro,

    thanks for the comment. I agree with that. But I had to severely underexpose to get the sun properly and not risk burning my sensor. hehe.

    Regards,
    tltan
    Wow, sounds like ur risking ur eye and camera to do this shot..

  8. #8

    Default Re: 2 Suns

    Quote Originally Posted by tltan View Post
    Hi bro,

    thanks for the comment. I agree with that. But I had to severely underexpose to get the sun properly and not risk burning my sensor. hehe.

    Regards,
    tltan
    Wow its a creative shot! Like the effect of the flare.

    Got one question to ask, sorry i'm quite new.
    You said that "not risk burning my sensor." So what problems will I face if I burn my sensor? Such as how will it affect my pics... Once I pointed my cam at the evening sun, so i wonder whether there's damage done.

    Thanks a lot.

  9. #9

    Default Re: 2 Suns

    Quote Originally Posted by adelynn88 View Post
    Wow its a creative shot! Like the effect of the flare.

    Got one question to ask, sorry i'm quite new.
    You said that "not risk burning my sensor." So what problems will I face if I burn my sensor? Such as how will it affect my pics... Once I pointed my cam at the evening sun, so i wonder whether there's damage done.

    Thanks a lot.
    actually, it was not that much of creativeness. hehe. just try shooting. coz, cant really see the flare then.

    As for burning sensor, I heard from someone verbally that if you expose the sensor ccd to bright source, they may be sort of lose their sensitivity or burnt. hence color might appear wierd. But then again, dont worry too much, dont think that will happen if you just point it once in a while. Unless you are shooting it all the time. evening sun is a nice orangy glow, shouldnt affect much too?

    just my thoughts. maybe others can share.

    Thanks,
    tltan

  10. #10

    Default Re: 2 Suns

    Thanks tltan. I learned something useful today.

  11. #11

    Default Re: 2 Suns

    Quote Originally Posted by adelynn88 View Post
    Thanks tltan. I learned something useful today.
    dont just take my word for it. I am only 1 year 3 months into owning my DSLR. Very new still and learning. hear what others say.

    Regards,
    tltan

  12. #12

    Default Re: 2 Suns

    Quote Originally Posted by tltan View Post
    actually, it was not that much of creativeness. hehe. just try shooting. coz, cant really see the flare then.

    As for burning sensor, I heard from someone verbally that if you expose the sensor ccd to bright source, they may be sort of lose their sensitivity or burnt. hence color might appear wierd. But then again, dont worry too much, dont think that will happen if you just point it once in a while. Unless you are shooting it all the time. evening sun is a nice orangy glow, shouldnt affect much too?

    just my thoughts. maybe others can share.

    Thanks,
    tltan
    This will only happen if you expose it to the sun for quite a substantial amount of time. It's quite unlikely that you'll be doing long exposures of the sun, so don't worry about it. It's unlikely. Very.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

  13. #13

    Default Re: 2 Suns

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoned View Post
    This will only happen if you expose it to the sun for quite a substantial amount of time. It's quite unlikely that you'll be doing long exposures of the sun, so don't worry about it. It's unlikely. Very.
    thanks. =)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •