Thread: Taking pics in Restaurant

Default Taking pics in Restaurant

I am having problms taking pics in restaurant lighting. Those yellowish lighting in swenson. I didn't wana use the flash so as to keep the ambience. But my pics are always blur. When I lower the shutter speed, the pics are brighter, but most of the time the photos are blurred bcause i am taking my kid.When I increase my shuttter speed, the pics are much darker. Increasing the ISO didn't help much.

Anyway, I am using nikin 70s kit set. Can experience for the lao chau here?

Default Re: Taking pics in Restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by ahhoe View Post
    I am having problms taking pics in restaurant lighting. Those yellowish lighting in swenson. I didn't wana use the flash so as to keep the ambience. But my pics are always blur. When I lower the shutter speed, the pics are brighter, but most of the time the photos are blurred bcause i am taking my kid.When I increase my shuttter speed, the pics are much darker. Increasing the ISO didn't help much.

Shutter speed should be at least 1/focal length. Not a hard and fast rule, but useful. If your hand is steady, you can go lower. ISO of 800-1600 should work, but grainy. Increase aperture to max.

I suspect the reason why your kids photos are blurred even at high ISO is becos they moved a bit or handshake. Use M mode for better control.
    Last edited by sci80298; 8th October 2006 at 10:21 PM.

I believe in your case, most of the time the pictures are blur because the kids cannot keep still and tends to move around. I suggest you move to a higher ISO and a higher shutter speed of above 100 (increase the shutter speed if 100 is still giving you blur pictures). If you are using a D70s, you can set your camera to a shutter piority mode. This should help to give you sharper pictures.

Blog Entries

use a bounced flash with higher ISO speed
    set to slow sync flash

shutter speed should be just enough to hand hold
    so even if the child moves the flash will freeze the action

also proper hand holding technique must be used

Use slow shutter speed (Kit lens, it is around 1/15s, depends on your lens' aperture and camera's ASA) with flash (build-in or external). Flash will avoid yellowish on your subject, slow shutter speed will keep the ambient in the background. Flash also avoid blur pics. You still can use ASA200 with your D70s.

Regards,
    Arto.

Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft View Post
    Use slow shutter speed (Kit lens, it is around 1/15s, depends on your lens' aperture and camera's ASA) with flash (build-in or external). Flash will avoid yellowish on your subject, slow shutter speed will keep the ambient in the background. Flash also avoid blur pics. You still can use ASA200 with your D70s.

Regards,
    Arto.
    Sorry... may i know what's ASA200?

Blog Entries

Sorry... may i know what's ASA200?
    also known as ISO200