Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Vodka

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    102

    Default Vodka

    Some shots please do feedback for improvements thanks.








  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,191

    Default Re: Vodka

    Sorry lah but flat.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Vodka


    Check alignment and also the bottom of the pic, your bottle got cut, leave some breathing space.


    This pic is about vodka or whisky? cos i dun see vodka, and i see whisky but its neither here nor there, cos i dun see the whole whisky too... then this tilt is not nice, if you want, u can tilt the bottle, but not the camera...



    by far this is the better one, but i'd suggest u shift down, minus the cap, concentrate on the lower portion. Keep the emblem as well.


    neither here nor there, brand chopped, have a i think sticker on the back of the bottle that become a triangle patch on the picture.

    Overall, essence of sharp pics is found, composition need working on.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sembawang Road, Singapore
    Posts
    1,943

    Default Re: Vodka

    Try using a different backdrop. I do not really like the folds in the cloth, they are distracting the eye away from the vodka bottle. Maybe a darker backdrop, with the bottle lit from two sides.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,191

    Default Re: Vodka

    In product shoot, u really have to watch details. Or else, it is just an ordinary photo

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Vodka

    Quote Originally Posted by CreaXion View Post
    In product shoot, u really have to watch details. Or else, it is just an ordinary photo
    eh u chiong post ar?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,191

    Default Re: Vodka

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    eh u chiong post ar?
    No lah. So free is it? I tot of it and that is why i say loh. Anyway, now like OT.

    To prevent OT, one more recommendation, shoot a light behind the vodka

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    102

    Default Re: Vodka

    Wow never expect comments to come so fast. Anyway thanks for the tips will try it out next time.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NTU and Wdls
    Posts
    2,622

    Default Re: Vodka

    shouldn't use water to substitute for vodka. Also, the yellow cast doesn't make the "pure clear" vodka appetizing.. AFAIK, vodka doesn't condense in the bottle like that.
    Last edited by unseen; 8th October 2006 at 01:29 PM.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    102

    Default Re: Vodka

    Quote Originally Posted by unseen View Post
    shouldn't use water to substitute for vodka. Also, the yellow cast doesn't make the "pure clear" vodka appetizing.. AFAIK, vodka doesn't condense in the bottle like that.
    It is real vodka in the bottle not water.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Vodka

    Good try... The half-filled bottles not very attractive... Maybe you can put your light source behind the white backdrop...
    Last edited by Youhong; 8th October 2006 at 01:52 PM.
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,191

    Default Re: Vodka

    Quote Originally Posted by Youhong View Post
    Good try... The half-filled bottles not very attractive... Maybe you can put your light source behind the white backdrop...
    This is what i meant

  13. #13

    Default Re: Vodka

    Glass bottles are highly reflective... Using a frontal, or side light will most likely cause your pictures to have unwanted reflections. The light from the back is beautifully diffused and light up the subject. Experiment, experiment, experiment! Anyway, that was shot with a real studio light...

    My Improvised studio: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=223051

    I'm also using a cloth as my background...
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,191

    Default Re: Vodka

    Quote Originally Posted by Youhong View Post
    Glass bottles are highly reflective... Using a frontal, or side light will most likely cause your pictures to have unwanted reflections. The light from the back is beautifully diffused and light up the subject. Experiment, experiment, experiment! Anyway, that was shot with a real studio light...

    My Improvised studio: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=223051

    I'm also using a cloth as my background...
    One problem with your shots are the cloth foldings.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •