Thread: Rhino attacked keeper in Night Safari - could be due to flash photography

Blog Entries

Default Rhino attacked keeper in Night Safari - could be due to flash photography

wonder if anyone read the papers today? both in ST and TNP published the news of the rhino attacking the keepers. suspected cause could be some idiot flashing the rhino...

so, those animal loving CSers out at night safari, do those animals a favour and just the next bugger u see flashing the animals... they might end up provoking the animals and killing someone....
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Default Re: Rhino attacked keeper in Night Safari - could be due to flash photography

just a reminder, rhino does not like flash light or fire , they don't like fire at night in the jungle, most african living in the forest knows about this. but of course not raging fire, the rhino will be the first to run. hehehe

Default Re: Rhino attacked keeper in Night Safari - could be due to flash photography

"suspected cause could be some idiot flashing the rhino"

Oh no!!! Pervert on the loose, better call the police instead. Did the guy have a trench coat??

Hopefully it is not a "you know who" wanna be.

U can advise them bro.

But fools are not called fools for a reason. There will still be idiots using flash cos 'I scared handshake'.

Yes, handshake to fools is more important than their (or others) lives.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    wonder if anyone read the papers today? both in ST and TNP published the news of the rhino attacking the keepers. suspected cause could be some idiot flashing the rhino...

so, those animal loving CSers out at night safari, do those animals a favour and just the next bugger u see flashing the animals... they might end up provoking the animals and killing someone....
    useless the care taker during the ride don't care as well and can't stop them. Esp when there is ang moh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by longkangman View Post
    useless the care taker during the ride don't care as well and can't stop them. Esp when there is ang moh.
    yeah... then, we'll have the famous last words from an idiotic cameraman... "opps... did i do dat?", next time when the rhino charges and kill somebody.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Lucky the rhino did not charges to the .... if not Zoo will have to increase entrance fee so we are make to pay for it. The last time I notice some use the handphone with build in flash to snap photo of the animal.

yeah... then, we'll have the famous last words from an idiotic cameraman... "opps... did i do dat?", next time when the rhino charges and kill somebody.
    Removed 1 less idiot from the gene pool. He can qualify for Darwin Awards.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

This incident reminds me when i went Philip Islands to see penguins. One guy took a shot with flash and immediately the keepers took his camera and put inside a tightly secure bag. The camera was returned to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonus View Post
    This incident reminds me when i went Philip Islands to see penguins. One guy took a shot with flash and immediately the keepers took his camera and put inside a tightly secure bag. The camera was returned to him.
    That's why nowadays, even non-flash photography also not allowed in Philip Island.
    They should impose a fine.... make Singapore a more "fine" city.

hmmm........are rhino's blind to infared flashes like us?

Well bro a fool is born every minute. The enviroment there is dark and suddenly a very bright flash of light illuminates the scene, you can be sure it will cause an unpredictable results. There is a reason why they call it night safari. Even we humans when in sitiing in the dark will cause our pupils to open up to it's widest aperture and suddenly a flash goes off you can be sure that you will be left blinded for a while.

Here's another fool getting a bit too close to the wildlife in Yellowstone. I found this image to be hilarious when I got this months' issue of National Geographic.

Last edited by Terence; 8th October 2006 at 06:47 PM.

just as many lov to flash owls... well, it never gonna end anyway...

I thought Steve Urkel, from Family Matters, always said that.

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/graphics/jaleel.jpg
    Last edited by hondasleeper; 8th October 2006 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Correct some wrong information

I've got a feeling that a majority of point and shoot, compact, idiot proof camera carrying people(doesn't matter local or foriegn) may not even know how to disable the flash of their cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by cairocks View Post
    I've got a feeling that a majority of point and shoot, compact, idiot proof camera carrying people(doesn't matter local or foriegn) may not even know how to disable the flash of their cameras.
    actually, they do. i saw one using her hand to cover the flash.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    Here's another fool getting a bit too close to the wildlife in Yellowstone. I found this image to be hilarious when I got this months' issue of National Geographic.

erm... does dat idiot know the male elks are 'jousting' becos they are in the mating season?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    just as many lov to flash owls... well, it never gonna end anyway...
    yeah. seen it b4. idiots. these people must be illiterate cos there are signs everywhere dat say no photography....

Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post

She might end up being the trophy . I've seen on tv how a male donkey sexually attacks a man who wondered into his territory answering the call of nature.