Thread: xxxger : anyone using the SD-8A ?

Deregistered

Default xxxger : anyone using the SD-8A ?

have one qns to ask the expert here ....
    why the red light of my sd-8a always light up ? i mean after i fired a first test flash, then the red light there lighted all the time lor .... is it spoilt le ?

Default Re: xxxger : anyone using the SD-8A ?

Normally light up when it is taking power from the SD8A to charge up yr flash...
    after charge finished then red right off.

how "fully" charge is yr battery @ the flash?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by jnet6 View Post
    that means its taking power from the SD8A to charge up yr flash...
    after charge finished then red right off.
    but the problem is , ... my battery in my sb800 is new one .... then 6AA in my sd-8a also new one .... it keep lighted up, wont go off lor .... why like that huh ? siao liao lor

Deregistered

i suppect is it the battery leak and the circuit borad siao liao ? but i no see any water come out ler ...

Quote Originally Posted by xxxger View Post
    i suppect is it the battery leak and the circuit borad siao liao ? but i no see any water come out ler ...
    time to bring to Nikon Service Center for checking,
    else you may want to open up SD-8A carefully and see...

Deregistered

so sian .... thank for your kind reply anyway ...

Maybe the light is one to show that it is ready to be fired again? You should go consult your instruction manual. I am just guessing.

redlight on the SD-8A goes off after the flash is charged. Are all the batteries used the same? and rechargable?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by E500 View Post
    redlight on the SD-8A goes off after the flash is charged. Are all the batteries used the same? and rechargable?
    i use 6 AA ENERGIZER on my sd-8a lor ... then 4 AA ENERGIZER on my sb800 ...
    all new lor ....
    Life is meaningless ....

Sorry for the wrong information, I thought you were referring to the flash.

Did some checking, I actually have the older SD-8, so I am sure it works the same way. After you fire your flash the red light should come on and once your flash's capacitors are charged up the light should go off. You can actually hear a wine coming from the unit and once it is done charging the flash it should stop.

Open the battery door and close it again. It just happened with mine and I did that and it worked fine.

Try this, trigger your flash without the SD-8A time it and see how long it takes the flash to recycle. Do the same with the SD-8A attached and time it. With the SD-8A the recycle time should be shorter. If they are about the same there might be a problem with the battery pack. Just another thought take an eraser and clean the contact points on the battery pack. Don't use the soft erasers use an ink eraser(those blue or red ones).

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by hondasleeper View Post
    Sorry for the wrong information, I thought you were referring to the flash.

Did some checking, I actually have the older SD-8, so I am sure it works the same way. After you fire your flash the red light should come on and once your flash's capacitors are charged up the light should go off. You can actually hear a wine coming from the unit and once it is done charging the flash it should stop.

Open the battery door and close it again. It just happened with mine and I did that and it worked fine.

Try this, trigger your flash without the SD-8A time it and see how long it takes the flash to recycle. Do the same with the SD-8A attached and time it. With the SD-8A the recycle time should be shorter. If they are about the same there might be a problem with the battery pack. Just another thought take an eraser and clean the contact points on the battery pack. Don't use the soft erasers use an ink eraser(those blue or red ones).

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.
    Ok .. thank you, i tomorrow go buy an ink eraser to try and will let you know how is it ...
    thank for your reply
    But life is still meaningless lor ...

hi, i'm using sd-8a with sb800. the "sympton" u mention, i'm also experiencing... so far it did not bother me... if i m not mistaken (manual not with me at this time), the red lamps indicates that the sd-8a is ready and charging your sb800 capacitor, in order for the sb800 to be ready for the next shot.

for info, i m using rechargable batteries...