Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 153

Thread: memory cards for trip

  1. #81
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: memory cards for trip

    so you are the travel queen, so why worry about the HDD being a white elephant?
    in 3 years time your HDD will still backup your photos, just not as good as the latest HDD

    just buy it!

  2. #82

    Default Re: memory cards for trip

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    so you are the travel queen, so why worry about the HDD being a white elephant?
    in 3 years time your HDD will still backup your photos, just not as good as the latest HDD

    just buy it!

    i forgot to mention though i travel queen, but 80% of the time i dont bring my dslr

  3. #83
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: memory cards for trip

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i forgot to mention though i travel queen, but 80% of the time i dont bring my dslr
    well now, you have to change that to 0%
    after investing in a 18-200VR, you have got no excuse anymore

  4. #84

    Default Re: memory cards for trip

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i have future plans to go ulu places too.i'm quite a travel queen
    so the way to go is still more CF cards lah!

    saw the p5000 at shashinki.very very tempting!OMG!
    When it comes to ULU places... you can't charge your portable HDD right?
    Also travelling in rough terrain would incur higher risks of "killing" the HDD also.

  5. #85
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: memory cards for trip

    bring extra AA batteries?

  6. #86

    Default Re: memory cards for trip

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    bring extra AA batteries?
    That's one way of doing it... but must buy PD70X or something that supports AA...
    The Digimate won't do in such a case...

    Got an idea... lay the batteries like rambo's bullets around the body... As if like ammo...
    Will be cool man...

  7. #87
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: memory cards for trip

    might as well custom make a magazine to load and unload

  8. #88

    Default Re: memory cards for trip

    PD70X is ok la ... those alkaline battery can last a long time ... load up 40G worth of photos at 1 trip and use less than 8 batteries.
    cheers

  9. #89

    Default Re: memory cards for trip

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    might as well custom make a magazine to load and unload
    Hahaa... just like a GPMG....

  10. #90
    Senior Member zoossh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,725

    Default Re: memory cards for trip

    Quote Originally Posted by starrynight View Post
    PD70X is ok la ... those alkaline battery can last a long time ... load up 40G worth of photos at 1 trip and use less than 8 batteries.
    cheers
    PD70X heavy, somemore with alkaline batteries.

  11. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dreamy Nikon Land
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: memory cards for trip

    You should stop going to Cathay a CAMERA store for cards and storages. Form what I can see you are kenna tok already.

    Go Sim lim and go to Computer stores for peripherals lah.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

  12. #92
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: memory cards for trip

    dun prey prey

    our lil sister here has got lots of experience you know, digital newbie only

  13. #93
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: memory cards for trip

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    dun prey prey

    our lil sister here has got lots of experience you know, digital newbie only
    hhahahh, She uses F5 before you know? dun prey prey, I'm so poor, only using Nikonmat, FM, FM2, F3, F90X and F80, can't affort the top of the line cameras.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  14. #94
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: memory cards for trip

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    hhahahh, She uses F5 before you know? dun prey prey, I'm so poor, only using Nikonmat, FM, FM2, F3, F90X and F80, can't affort the top of the line cameras.
    b4 that got F4 also, long long history

  15. #95
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: memory cards for trip

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    b4 that got F4 also, long long history
    wow! Ortega power search sia!!
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  16. #96

    Default Re: memory cards for trip

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    b4 that got F4 also, long long history
    how u know i got F4 also?i really missed my F4.i sold it sometime back and regret it till date.

    cathay prices ok lah.must do homework.

    honestly, have been searching around, i cant find sandisk extreme 3 2GB < $160.anyone can find cheaper than that?can share the lobang?

    i have been buying equipment from a shop in funan
    but after all these years, realised....DUH...
    i better not go there.let's leave it as that...

  17. #97

    Default Re: memory cards for trip

    Here is my suggestion (and I wonder how many others have done the same test):

    Before you go, find something to shoot and take identical pictures at your camera's different picture sizes (L/M/S) and at the different compressions (FINE/MEDIUM/BASIC) - that will be 9 pictures in all, 10 if you include a RAW. If you can mount the camera on the tripod it will help as you will then get almost identical pictures. Keep all other settings the same.

    Then print the pictures out (the bigger the better) and compare. It will help you to decide if you can get away with not having the camera set on L/FINE.

    When I did this on my D2X and printed pictures at S8R, I was really surprised at the lack of differences between the L/Fine and S/Basic. Of course you lose some fine detail but I now know that if I am away on a trip, I can easily shoot at M/Medium and have pictures that will print out at S8R. If I am really running out of memory, I would drop to S/Basic and still sleep easy knowing that I am going to get ok shots at S8R.

  18. #98
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: memory cards for trip

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    how u know i got F4 also?i really missed my F4.i sold it sometime back and regret it till date.

    cathay prices ok lah.must do homework.

    honestly, have been searching around, i cant find sandisk extreme 3 2GB < $160.anyone can find cheaper than that?can share the lobang?

    i have been buying equipment from a shop in funan
    but after all these years, realised....DUH...
    i better not go there.let's leave it as that...
    do you know that you can find out lots of things on the internet?
    for the cheapest Memory cards, go to SLS
    but be careful of fake sandisk cards

    do a google on how to tell a fake card from a real one.

  19. #99

    Default Re: memory cards for trip

    that's a very good suggestion.
    i'll try that out if i'm not too lazy...

    is there a serious lack of diff between fine and basic?if so, i'll shoot basic.

  20. #100

    Default Re: memory cards for trip

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    do you know that you can find out lots of things on the internet?
    for the cheapest Memory cards, go to SLS
    but be careful of fake sandisk cards

    do a google on how to tell a fake card from a real one.
    sls which shop?you know in general gals are suckers when it comes to electronic stuffs and visiting sls is the last thing on their minds...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •