Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 63

Thread: 2006 FORMULA 1 Japan Grand Prix. (8 Oct.)

  1. #41

    Default Re: 2006 FORMULA 1 Japan Grand Prix. (8 Oct.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    M. Schumacher must be crushed! Hope that he will not blame his team for 'sabotaging his Championship aspirations.'
    doubt he will. did you see what he did when he got back to the pit? he hugged and put his arm round the shoulder of each team member. i cant see alonso doing that after an engine blowout.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: 2006 FORMULA 1 Japan Grand Prix. (8 Oct.)

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    doubt he will. did you see what he did when he got back to the pit? he hugged and put his arm round the shoulder of each team member. i cant see alonso doing that after an engine blowout.
    Hes only doing that so they will put more effort in for him to win the next race. Also, he is probably trying to end on a high, trying to be remembered as the 'good' guy, which is comendable, but personally, i cant forget his past.

  3. #43

    Default Re: 2006 FORMULA 1 Japan Grand Prix. (8 Oct.)

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Hes only doing that so they will put more effort in for him to win the next race. Also, he is probably trying to end on a high, trying to be remembered as the 'good' guy, which is comendable, but personally, i cant forget his past.
    funny....i cant forget alonso being a whiner either

    alonso's whinning ways

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: 2006 FORMULA 1 Japan Grand Prix. (8 Oct.)

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    funny....i cant forget alonso being a whiner either

    alonso's whinning ways
    Id choose whining over cheat anyday

  5. #45

    Default Re: 2006 FORMULA 1 Japan Grand Prix. (8 Oct.)

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Id choose whining over cheat anyday
    what makes you think alonso doesnt cheat? i'm sure they all do to some extent. what you going to do then?

  6. #46

    Default Re: 2006 FORMULA 1 Japan Grand Prix. (8 Oct.)

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Id choose whining over cheat anyday
    i can see that from your earlier posts

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: 2006 FORMULA 1 Japan Grand Prix. (8 Oct.)

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    what makes you think alonso doesnt cheat? i'm sure they all do to some extent. what you going to do then?
    I'll cross that bridge when I come to it

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    i can see that from your earlier posts
    Haha, YUP!

  8. #48

    Default Re: 2006 FORMULA 1 Japan Grand Prix. (8 Oct.)

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    I'll cross that bridge when I come to it



    Haha, YUP!

  9. #49
    Senior Member asterixsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in this creation
    Posts
    2,060

    Default Re: 2006 FORMULA 1 Japan Grand Prix. (8 Oct.)

    he he he. Let me join the party lah.

    Schumi is the best. He has the grace that not many drivers have got - both on and off the track. If you put Schumi in any of the F1 cars, he will drive it faster and without any mistakes than any other driver. Such is his class. So, instead of arguing who is better - Schumi or Alonso, just accept the fact that SCHUMI IS THE BEST

    He works harder than any other F1 driver on the circuit. He is in a class of his own, all other drivers are still kiddos.

    In a cut throat world like F1, everyone cheats. I agree, "two wrongs don't make a right" and "if everyone does it, its ok to do it." But Schumi is the best F1 driver in our era. All his duels with Mika were a delight to watch.

    You should see the support that Schumi gathers wherever he goes.

    I was in Shanghai last weekend to watch the race and the grandstands were bathed in RED. Some fans had made a huge banner - "Schumi we love you and only you !!!" How many fans would say that to an Alonso ?

    I for one will be sad to see Schumi go.

    I got more than my money's worth when I saw Schumi jump on the podium in Shanghai.

    Its an irony that the reliability of a Ferrari failed just when it was needed most.

    After the race was over, you should've seen the guys selling fake Tshirts, Caps etc. One seller selling caps
    "Renault mao zi : Er shi kuai qian"
    "Ferrari, McLaren, BMW etc. etc. : Si shi kuai qian"

    20 bucks for a Renault cap, 40 bucks for all others.

    I rest my case.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: 2006 FORMULA 1 Japan Grand Prix. (8 Oct.)

    Well, all anti Schumi fans rejoice!!!

    Just know that F1 can produce very strange endings, so for all Schumi and Ferrari fans, let's just cross our fingers
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  11. #51

    Default Re: 2006 FORMULA 1 Japan Grand Prix. (8 Oct.)

    Alonso is nothing but a cry baby, crying foul all the the time. He knows he will never be another schmui (MSC is in a class of his own), he's a good driver no doubt but one with a bad spirit. Ring any bells? Another JV. MSC isnt a cheat. You call him an exploiter. He used the rules and regs to his advantage.

    Btw, anyone remembers Alex Yoong? He won at today's A1 Czech GP - Sprint Race + Feature Race Btw who's Denis Lian?

    1. Malaysia Alex Yoong 18mins 02.946secs 10 laps
    2. Canada James Hinchcliffe +1.634secs
    3. France Nicolas Lapierre +2.731secs
    4. China Congfu Cheng +4.662secs
    5. Czech Republic Tomas Enge +6.092secs
    6. USA Philip Giebler +6.683secs
    7. Mexico Salvador Duran +10.756secs
    8. Switzerland Sebastien Buemi +12.430secs
    8. Great Britain Robbie Kerr +13.404secs
    10. Brazil Tuka Rocha +15.019secs
    11. Netherlands Jeroen Bleekemolen +15.498secs
    12. Lebanon Graham Rahal +19.493secs
    13. Ireland Michael Devaney +21.644secs
    14. Italy Pier Guidi Alessandro +24.739secs
    15. Australia Karl Reindler +32.922secs
    16. Indonesia Ananda Mikola +34.511secs
    17. India Armaan Ebrahim +34.848secs
    18. Singapore Denis Lian +45.084secs
    19 Greece Nikos Zachos +45.696secs
    20. Pakistan Nur Ali +1min 02.366secs

  12. #52

    Default Re: 2006 FORMULA 1 Japan Grand Prix. (8 Oct.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    Btw, anyone remembers Alex Yoong? He won at today's A1 Czech GP - Sprint Race + Feature Race
    Guess he's much happier driving in A1. He wasn't going anywhere in F1.
    Btw who's Denis Lian?
    One of our A1 drivers lor. :P Yeah, I think this is the first year Singapore is in A1. At least there's still track action to watch after the F1 season ends in 2 weeks.

    Hmm, wait.. didn't Pakistan win last week?!??

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: 2006 FORMULA 1 Japan Grand Prix. (8 Oct.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    Alonso is nothing but a cry baby, crying foul all the the time. He knows he will never be another schmui (MSC is in a class of his own), he's a good driver no doubt but one with a bad spirit. Ring any bells? Another JV. MSC isnt a cheat. You call him an exploiter. He used the rules and regs to his advantage.

    Btw, anyone remembers Alex Yoong? He won at today's A1 Czech GP - Sprint Race + Feature Race Btw who's Denis Lian?
    There are other two singaporean drivers; Christian Murchison and Hafiz Koh. Heard of the former but not the latter. It might take a few seasons before these guys can finish in the top few.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

  14. #54
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    1,678

    Default Re: 2006 FORMULA 1 Japan Grand Prix. (8 Oct.)

    Schumi is the best.. Yeah.. but this year, seem like Alonso is going to win..
    Alonso is lucky.. he got the best car.. and fastest car.
    OK.. Renault car is better.. and not Ferrari..

    Ops.. no Ferrrari car is the BEST and FASTEST.. then it's the driver that wins the race.. and this year, I think Alonso is going to win.

    If only Schumi is going to race for another year.. then.. maybe he can win as Alonso is driving for mclaren..

    Frankly, I'm impressed with what Renault and Alonso has achieved for these past 4 years.. at least there is another team that can give Ferrari a fight for the F1 title.. not like in year 2004, boring.. boring

    next year will be interesting..
    Ferrari with KIMI.. fast car + good driver (but the car must be reliable)..
    Mclaren with Alonso.. good driver
    Renault with no top driver
    Honda and BMW.. is getting better.

    Enjoy the race.. and no point arguing who is better or which car is fastest.. (not the fastest car that will win the race).. results will tell. Enjoy the remaining race in Brazil.



    Quote Originally Posted by asterixsg View Post
    Schumi is the best. He has the grace that not many drivers have got - both on and off the track. If you put Schumi in any of the F1 cars, he will drive it faster and without any mistakes than any other driver. Such is his class. So, instead of arguing who is better - Schumi or Alonso, just accept the fact that SCHUMI IS THE BEST

  15. #55
    Senior Member asterixsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in this creation
    Posts
    2,060

    Default Re: 2006 FORMULA 1 Japan Grand Prix. (8 Oct.)

    Oh ! BTW, the rules were twisted to prevent Schumi and Ferrari and Bridgestone dominate another season. Remember last year - no tyre changes ? Yeah, that gave all the Michelin runners an advantage.

    Schumi doesn't sulk the way Alonso does. He works hard even at this age. He has matured gracefully. He driving acumen is the best. His sense of placing backmarkers between him and his rivals is unmatched. Its only because of his "never-say-die" spirit that Ferrari bounced back from where they were.

    And most importantly, he never says a word against the team - like someone already said. He doesn't bite the hand that feeds him. Unlike Alonso - who is unpopular amongst his own countrymen and the press in Spain has been having a field day ever since his comments last weekend.

    Anyways, each of us can have our own reasons to support Ferrari, McLaren, Honda or Ranault or for that matter Red Bull Racing or whatever... and whichever driver.

    For me, Schumi has been the best, will be the best.

    Peace.

    The real contest next year will be between the two FINNs - Kimi and Heidi. Watch out for the latter. He is super quick. And I might as well write off Alonso - unless McLaren Mercedes can turn things around 180 degrees. I'll come back to this thread at the end of 2007 season
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

  16. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Pacman's Corner
    Posts
    406

    Default Re: 2006 FORMULA 1 Japan Grand Prix. (8 Oct.)

    Good for Alex Yoong. Looks like he found a home in A1 GP. Any chance of Singapore hosting the A1 GP next year?

    Btw, you guys saw the overtaking he did on team Canada? Classic!


    Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    Alonso is nothing but a cry baby, crying foul all the the time. He knows he will never be another schmui (MSC is in a class of his own), he's a good driver no doubt but one with a bad spirit. Ring any bells? Another JV. MSC isnt a cheat. You call him an exploiter. He used the rules and regs to his advantage.

    Btw, anyone remembers Alex Yoong? He won at today's A1 Czech GP - Sprint Race + Feature Race Btw who's Denis Lian?

  17. #57
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: 2006 FORMULA 1 Japan Grand Prix. (8 Oct.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jix View Post
    Good for Alex Yoong. Looks like he found a home in A1 GP. Any chance of Singapore hosting the A1 GP next year?

    Btw, you guys saw the overtaking he did on team Canada? Classic!
    Any video clips showing the overtaking?

  18. #58

    Default Re: 2006 FORMULA 1 Japan Grand Prix. (8 Oct.)

    Quote Originally Posted by asterixsg View Post
    Oh ! BTW, the rules were twisted to prevent Schumi and Ferrari and Bridgestone dominate another season. Remember last year - no tyre changes ? Yeah, that gave all the Michelin runners an advantage.

    Schumi doesn't sulk the way Alonso does. He works hard even at this age. He has matured gracefully. He driving acumen is the best. His sense of placing backmarkers between him and his rivals is unmatched. Its only because of his "never-say-die" spirit that Ferrari bounced back from where they were.

    And most importantly, he never says a word against the team - like someone already said. He doesn't bite the hand that feeds him. Unlike Alonso - who is unpopular amongst his own countrymen and the press in Spain has been having a field day ever since his comments last weekend.

    Anyways, each of us can have our own reasons to support Ferrari, McLaren, Honda or Ranault or for that matter Red Bull Racing or whatever... and whichever driver.

    For me, Schumi has been the best, will be the best.

    Peace.

    The real contest next year will be between the two FINNs - Kimi and Heidi. Watch out for the latter. He is super quick. And I might as well write off Alonso - unless McLaren Mercedes can turn things around 180 degrees. I'll come back to this thread at the end of 2007 season
    well said!

  19. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upper Paya Lebar
    Posts
    197

    Default Re: 2006 FORMULA 1 Japan Grand Prix. (8 Oct.)

    i think there is no argument over whether schumi is the best or not...his achievements says it all...true alonso may be the fastest now and most of us would agree he is a very good driver. he seldom make mistakes too. but it will be a long long time before someone else, even alonsa, can match schumi's achievements. some of u might disagree with the various tactics used to secure wins but hey...this is how the game is played...if one cannot take it then dont bother watching or following the races...

  20. #60

    Default Re: 2006 FORMULA 1 Japan Grand Prix. (8 Oct.)

    There's a show on Discovery Channel tomorrow evening at 8pm - Anatony of a F1 Team. Worth watching. 1 hour long

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •